Wed, Sep 25, 3:30 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / 3D Modeling

Welcome to the 3D Modeling Forum

Forum Moderators: Lobo3433

3D Modeling F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 8:55 pm)

Freeware 3D Modeling Software Links:
Blender | Trimble Sketchup | Wings 3D | Anim8or | Metasequoia | Clara IO (Browser-based 3d modeler)

Check out the
MarketPlace Wishing Well, as a content creator's resource for your next project.

"What 3D Program Should I buy?" Not one person here can really tell you what's best for you, as everyone has their own taste in workflow. Try the demo or learning edition of the program you're interested in, this is the only way to find out which programs you like.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Anyone using Pegasus Modeler?

nyguy ( ) posted Wed, 30 April 2008 at 12:13 PM · edited Tue, 24 September 2024 at 5:53 AM

Anyone else using Pegasus Modeler? I have been using it since it was released, and finding that it is a use full tool for modeling clothing.  For me, someone not in advanced modeling I was just wonder who else has used it and what they think of it.

Poserverse The New Home for NYGUY's Freebies

EnglishBob ( ) posted Wed, 30 April 2008 at 1:20 PM

I've used it a little, beginning to get into it now. For the price, it seems pretty good; though I haven't used it enough to really tell, and I'm not an advanced modeller anyway so some of the finer points would probably pass me by. It's crashed on me a few times, and there were some interface quirks. I like the way it's optimised for use in Poser content creation; the low priced / free alternatives all seem to require some kink in the workflow to cope with the quirks of a Poser mesh. From my point of view it may be no use, since it doesn't work on Windows 2000 (as in: hasn't been tested on Windows 2000). I think the problems I've been having with it on that OS may actually be due to drivers or OpenGL, since I got different results when I changed my graphics card. The comments above are based on my experiences under XP Pro, which is what I use at work; if I can't get stable behaviour at home, on 2000, I'll have to ditch it.

nyguy ( ) posted Wed, 30 April 2008 at 2:45 PM

There was an update to it a few days ago. I would also contact Mark, he fixed an issue for me in like 2 hours.

Poserverse The New Home for NYGUY's Freebies

EnglishBob ( ) posted Sat, 03 May 2008 at 10:42 AM

It was Mark who told me it hadn't been tested on 2000. However, for the possible interest of anyone who may happen on this thread through a search: it works for me now. My new graphics card was giving too many problems, so I put the old one back in again, and now it's working better than it did before. Go figure... Looks like I'm keeping it after all. :)

Morkonan ( ) posted Sun, 01 June 2008 at 8:30 PM

I use it and like it for what it does.  In fact, i use several of his apps.  The only complaints I have is that I wish general support, like a user's forum, was available for his products.  I really don't understand why anyone would have that many products and not, at least, grab an easy to use and free forum for his customers. /shrug  (The homesite is pretty bad as well.)

However, the quality of his products is very, very good.  Everything I have used has been good.  The one exception would be the Morph Magic product which, while it DOES work, doesn't have a soft-select option which makes fine tuning and smoothing very, very difficult/impossible in some cases.  It's a good product for basic morph transfer and tweaking but not having solf-select is a killer for me.  I still use it, sparingly though.

However, back to the point: Pegasus is a pretty powerful little product.  If you combine it with Blender and UVMapper (which I like better and which works better in my setup than his embedded mapper) then you have a nice series of programs to do just about anything you want for Poser clothing and character accessories.  You can even just use Pegasus as a basic, user friendly, modeler as well.

I'm glad to hear your problems were solved!  It may be time to look at a new OS option though.  Win2000 is a bit rusty and never was very good to begin with.  While I would never suggest a direct move over to Vista just yet, you could probably pickup a WinXP-Pro package/license online somewhere.  (If you have Win2000 legacy software you need, disregard my comments.  "Gotta use what ya gotta use."

IF the quality and output of his products was combined with PhilC's support style, then nobody would ever have to go anywhere else for purchased Poser-specific applications.  I continue to hope that, someday, this will happen. :)

Lucusoo ( ) posted Fri, 15 April 2016 at 4:44 AM

Does anyone know if Pegasus Modeller can be used to make content for games? I want to use it to make some armour for Oblivion (Elder Scrolls 4 Bethesda Softworks). I know is is designed for Poser and DAZ Studio. All help is appreciated.

QSabot ( ) posted Mon, 05 September 2016 at 5:04 PM

It's up to 4.0 now: where can I find his website?

Dimensionarium ( ) posted Thu, 08 September 2016 at 12:13 PM

--

Tim Rolands | Dimensionarium
dimensionarium.com

QSabot ( ) posted Thu, 08 September 2016 at 8:13 PM

Thanks!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.