Mon, Oct 21, 10:40 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 9:06 pm)

Subject: Poser 11 Cloth Room Problem

ElZagna ( ) posted Mon, 14 November 2016 at 12:38 PM ยท edited Wed, 16 October 2024 at 1:31 PM

I just installed Poser 11 and can't get cloth simulations to work. It runs through the simulation just fine but at the last frame the item snaps back to its default position.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Mon, 14 November 2016 at 1:07 PM
Site Admin

Do you have all the updates installed? I think the last one helped that.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

EClark1894 ( ) posted Mon, 14 November 2016 at 1:09 PM

Remember that technically all the sims are just frames of an animation. What happens if you just drag the dial to the last frame or the frame just before that?

ElZagna ( ) posted Mon, 14 November 2016 at 1:58 PM

Updates are good: Poser 11.0.5.32974.

I've tried going back to a previous frame, but they are all reset to the default position.

PhilC ( ) posted Mon, 14 November 2016 at 4:32 PM

How many frames for draping do you have? How many cloth simulation frames do you have?

EClark1894 ( ) posted Mon, 14 November 2016 at 4:34 PM

Can I see your Cloth room settings? Also, your pose you want to have at the end.

ElZagna ( ) posted Mon, 14 November 2016 at 4:55 PM

Well, it couldn't be simpler. Ultimately it came down to a single dynamic piece colliding with the ground and I accepted all the defaults. It all still works in P10, so I have to believe this is a P11 issue. I'll submit a report to SM.

ElZagna ( ) posted Tue, 15 November 2016 at 3:31 PM

I contacted SM support and this is apparently a known problem. The workaround is to do a Save As... before running the sim. I had noticed that my old sims worked, so this makes sense.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.