Sun, Sep 22, 4:39 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Welcome to the Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd

Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 16 2:29 pm)

banner

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: Woe is Hair in Superfly

shannonsuzanne ( ) posted Sat, 10 December 2016 at 6:57 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 4:29 AM

Hello. I just recently, like today, installed my Poser Pro 11 upgrade. I managed to get all my content in there and watched a few videos on Superfly. Can somebody help me understand why the hair has weird bangs when the bangs are not there? It's the SAV Greek Fantasy Hair II. I use it all the time. I just don't know what buttons to push to make superfly like it. I have tried mostly presets. And one trial with just the preview render and comic shader.

The very last one turned out pretty nice, but it has that weird phantom bang issue. I used a default high quality render setting that went through my graphics card. I like everything but that dang weird hair LOL. The other one with the weird bangs was just right out of the box default settings. The first one with the red handles is just the preview render I did to mess with the toon shaders. This hair does have bangs, but they are turned off in this image.

Any ideas or anyone found a good "pre-set" to start with? I think I'm really going to like Superfly, but I have no clue what I am doing and I'm not really sure where to start. Thanks in advance!

Comic Book Preview Render.jpgOut of Box Render .jpgPre Fab Settings Render.jpg

ironsoul ( ) posted Sun, 11 December 2016 at 12:24 AM

Not at my PC to check but I think EZSkin3 can be applied to hair, might be worth a try (even if not EZSkin3 is worth having anyway)

jura11 ( ) posted Sun, 11 December 2016 at 1:01 AM

Hi there

Not sure but this looking more like material settings of hair,please check if there plugged translucency and ambient or check my settings

Here is quick 30 sample render

SAV.jpg

here are settings

Render sets .jpg

and here are hair settings

SAV Hair.jpg

if you don't or not using EZSkin then I would use EZSkin 3 for hair and skin too,I've used only EZSkin for skin not for hair there

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura

shannonsuzanne ( ) posted Sun, 11 December 2016 at 8:50 AM

Yeah, my settings look nothing like that in the material room. I have the bangs turned off through a material setting. I even went in and re-loaded a fresh load of the hair by itself with the same lights...still phantom bangs even with no head LOL. I am using the PHC materials to get that black and red combo. But even with just the hair itself loaded, it looks nothing like the picture you have as far as the nodes (see what I saw below). I am trying to get the EZ skin 3, but I cannot get the site to send me a confirmation e-mail. I'll keep trying to get it and see if that helps. I will also try the awesome render settings listed that you use. Worse case scenario? I just use firefly :) Thanks!

SAV Hair with PHC.PNG

jura11 ( ) posted Sun, 11 December 2016 at 4:40 PM

shannonsuzanne posted at 10:35PM Sun, 11 December 2016 - #4292397

Yeah, my settings look nothing like that in the material room. I have the bangs turned off through a material setting. I even went in and re-loaded a fresh load of the hair by itself with the same lights...still phantom bangs even with no head LOL. I am using the PHC materials to get that black and red combo. But even with just the hair itself loaded, it looks nothing like the picture you have as far as the nodes (see what I saw below). I am trying to get the EZ skin 3, but I cannot get the site to send me a confirmation e-mail. I'll keep trying to get it and see if that helps. I will also try the awesome render settings listed that you use. Worse case scenario? I just use firefly :) Thanks!

SAV Hair with PHC.PNG

Hi there

I will do again tests and will post my results in few minutes,but here is link on EZSkin 3

http://snarlygribbly.org/snarlyspace/ezskin.html

I think I do have PHC,but I will need to check this,regarding the settings yes I've rendered with above settings and render took me 5 minutes to render in 30 samples,I will post my light setup which you can try to use and I use too from Snarly EZDome which I highly recommend there plus HDR from this website

Here is link on EZDome

http://snarlygribbly.org/snarlyspace/ezdome.html

HDR link

http://www.hdrlabs.com/sibl/archive.html

http://www.hdrlabs.com/sibl/downloads/sIBL-Collection.zip

From this above sIBL collection I'm using Apartment HDR

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura

jura11 ( ) posted Sun, 11 December 2016 at 5:12 PM

Ok here is my light setup

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qzycuwvv60m6kep/SAV%20light%20setup.zip?dl=0

and here is the render of these hair which I think you have used

SAV PHC.jpg

On this one I've used EZSkin 3 custom preset

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.