Wed, Oct 2, 10:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 1:56 pm)

Subject: Where to find the log file

lululee ( ) posted Thu, 15 December 2016 at 2:15 PM · edited Wed, 02 October 2024 at 9:22 PM

Hi, I have an error message that I have duplicate ID's check log file. Can you tell me where to find the log file?

cheerio lululee

lululee ( ) posted Thu, 15 December 2016 at 2:34 PM

Hi, Can you tell me how to correct that error? cheerio lululee

lululee ( ) posted Thu, 15 December 2016 at 2:42 PM

Hi, Now I am getting another error message. I am making a character preset with just the textures. It tells me I have duplicate id's and that the preset has more frames than the scene. It is supposed to be just a texture preset. Any help is appreciated.

Cheerio lululee

Razor42 ( ) posted Thu, 15 December 2016 at 6:50 PM · edited Thu, 15 December 2016 at 6:50 PM

Log File is located from the top menu drop down under Help/Troubleshooting/Logfile.

Duplicate ID's error is a complex one and relates to the data assets of the product. Richard Haseltine has a script that helps with most occasions of this error. There is a long thread regarding the subject at the Official Daz Forum, a google search should bring it up for you.

I know that a Properties presets supports animation from the timeline in the preset, I didn't think a character preset did so something is odd, it may be possible that you saved a preset that has multiple key frames in it by mistake? The error indicates that the preset uses Animation Key frames that are outside of the set length of the current scene in the timeline. If it is only for textures maybe a re-save as a Material Preset would be suitable?

lululee ( ) posted Thu, 15 December 2016 at 8:03 PM

Razor42 posted at 8:03PM Thu, 15 December 2016 - #4292758

Log File is located from the top menu drop down under Help/Troubleshooting/Logfile.

Duplicate ID's error is a complex one and relates to the data assets of the product. Richard Haseltine has a script that helps with most occasions of this error. There is a long thread regarding the subject at the Official Daz Forum, a google search should bring it up for you.

I know that a Properties presets supports animation from the timeline in the preset, I didn't think a character preset did so something is odd, it may be possible that you saved a preset that has multiple key frames in it by mistake? The error indicates that the preset uses Animation Key frames that are outside of the set length of the current scene in the timeline. If it is only for textures maybe a re-save as a Material Preset would be suitable?

Thanks so much for the valuable info. I took your advice and re-saved the preset and it is now working.

Cheerio lululee

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.