Thu, Sep 19, 9:39 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 9:32 am)

Subject: Question Regarding Daz Studio

WildHunt1 ( ) posted Tue, 27 December 2016 at 4:11 AM ยท edited Wed, 11 September 2024 at 2:20 PM

I have been using Daz Studio for close to ten years now, and something strange happened that I don't understand. I was using a program to clean up my Mac, and after it was done, a lot of my files I bought at Renderosity were gone. Not a huge deal because it was mostly just characters and I could just reload whatever I was missing. But what is a big deal is that fact that Daz no longer acknowledges my Poser Content folders or anything I bought on Renderosity. I can't get it to find any of my content. I don't even have the menu to render anything! It's like the program just stopped being user friendly. So I uninstalled it and reinstalled it fresh, and the same crap. The program is completely useless to me, and I don't know why! Can anyone help me figure out what's going on, or am I just missing something?

LPR001 ( ) posted Tue, 27 December 2016 at 5:26 AM

Have you tried to add the Poser content folder back in the Content Directory Manager? Or at least see that it is there.

- Johnny G

"Try animation to get things moving"

lpr001@renderosity.com

WildHunt1 ( ) posted Tue, 27 December 2016 at 10:59 AM

Yes, I have tried everything. Another problem is that the Render menu in Daz is no longer there, so I wouldn't know how to render a picture even if I could make one.

Medzinatar ( ) posted Tue, 27 December 2016 at 12:05 PM

sounds like layout is slipped. Choose new one by "Window-->workspace-->select layout" and choose one (Self Serve is popular, I use DarkSide)

WildHunt1 ( ) posted Tue, 27 December 2016 at 12:17 PM

Thank you! That's exactly what I needed to know!

LPR001 ( ) posted Tue, 27 December 2016 at 6:38 PM

Is that solved on both counts the render and the library?

- Johnny G

lpr001@renderosity.com

WildHunt1 ( ) posted Tue, 27 December 2016 at 6:40 PM

Yep. Now my only problem is, V4 won't load correctly. She loads as grey boxes, and that I have not been able to figure out yet. And, yes, I still use V4 because I can't get Genesis 3 to load morphs properly. Also, I like V4 better for some reason.

LPR001 ( ) posted Tue, 27 December 2016 at 8:43 PM

It is unable to find the associate data files and defaults to the boxes, I Get that with the occasional early Poser prop. You will need to ensure that she is installed correctly.

- Johnny G

lpr001@renderosity.com

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.