Wed, Sep 18, 10:34 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 8:37 pm)

Subject: Hand following hip, animation problem.

xpdev ( ) posted Thu, 09 February 2017 at 2:42 AM · edited Tue, 17 September 2024 at 7:58 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Hi

i have made a simple animation with 150 frames, just to show my problem.

I'm not able to find the way to make following V4 hip with left M4 hand

I have seen a lot of movies with hand perfect following another figure body part, but i'm becoming crazy to find the right way to do this without repositioning M4 hand using poser dials frame by frame....

any help would be appreciated

Following you see the first and the last frame.

Here is the simple project, standard V4 and M4 figures only:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ieivxt2an2q4h77/Anime.zip?dl=0

1.jpg

150.jpg

Poser Pro 2014 SR 1 on Windows 7 64 bit
I use IDL, Gamma Correction and EZSkin for all final renders.

xpdev ( ) posted Thu, 09 February 2017 at 2:49 AM

i have forgotted, i'm using Poser Pro 2014

RedPhantom ( ) posted Thu, 09 February 2017 at 6:04 AM
Site Admin

It's a simple matter of turning the Ik on for mike's hand and parenting it to the hip.

And you really shouldn't upload scenes like that for people to download. It's a copyright violation.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

raven ( ) posted Thu, 09 February 2017 at 6:11 AM · edited Thu, 09 February 2017 at 6:21 AM

Position M4's hand on V4's hip. Then try turning Inverse Kinematics on for M4's arms and then parent his hand to V4's hip. His hand should now follow V4's hip. Like this.

hip_ik.gif

xpdev ( ) posted Thu, 09 February 2017 at 7:36 AM · edited Thu, 09 February 2017 at 7:36 AM

Sorry for copyright violation, i did not know

Asap i'll do same test and then report it here.

Thanks to all

Kazam561 ( ) posted Thu, 09 February 2017 at 11:00 PM
Online Now!

I would suggest uploading any files as an avi, rather than a .pz3, showing the problem rather than uploading the files. However, if it's a pose you've created on your own, I'm not sure about a copyright violation. People do give away free poses here and on other sites legally.

The dust settled, thinking "what a fine home, at least for now" not realizing that doom would soon be coming in the form of a vacuum cleaner.

Richard60 ( ) posted Thu, 09 February 2017 at 11:03 PM

Also you can use constraints instead of parenting. see this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNjWK9SO9c4

Poser 5, 6, 7, 8, Poser Pro 9 (2012), 10 (2014), 11, 12, 13

xpdev ( ) posted Fri, 10 February 2017 at 1:08 AM

Thank you to all, now works fine.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 10 February 2017 at 3:50 AM

RedPhantom posted at 9:49AM Fri, 10 February 2017 - #4296995

It's a simple matter of turning the Ik on for mike's hand and parenting it to the hip.

And you really shouldn't upload scenes like that for people to download. It's a copyright violation.

How so? AFAIK, scene files don't contain the obj of any figure. You'd need to have the originals installed to make use of the PZ3.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Kazam561 ( ) posted Fri, 10 February 2017 at 1:52 PM
Online Now!

SamTherapy posted at 1:52PM Fri, 10 February 2017 - #4297057

RedPhantom posted at 9:49AM Fri, 10 February 2017 - #4296995

How so? AFAIK, scene files don't contain the obj of any figure. You'd need to have the originals installed to make use of the PZ3.

That's what I was thinking too... thanks Sam. Also thanks for the info everyone.

The dust settled, thinking "what a fine home, at least for now" not realizing that doom would soon be coming in the form of a vacuum cleaner.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.