Mon, Sep 23, 9:20 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 23 6:44 pm)

Subject: Snarlygrbbly's New EZDome in Public Beta!!

Snarlygribbly ( ) posted Tue, 24 January 2017 at 1:05 PM · edited Tue, 24 January 2017 at 1:06 PM

@mercutioaquarius: Thanks for the step by step guide. When I followed it, everything worked for me. However, your screenshots provided some important clues and they enabled me to determine which block of code was causing the errors. By artificially inducing the code to fail for me at the same point I was able to see exactly the same error messages as you have reported. So, no solution yet but some progress :)

For some reason one of the lines in the code block fails for you but not for me. I need help to find out why that is so. I repeat my offer: if someone experiencing this error is willing to run a debugging version of the script and report back the output, then I can fix this, most likely. Any takers?

@thatbumzzz: Sorry buddy I missed your comments about helping with the Snow Machine! I remember it well - you were a great help :)

Free stuff @ https://poser.cobrablade.net/

mercutioaquarius ( ) posted Tue, 24 January 2017 at 2:32 PM

I'd run the debugging version, but don't speak in python... :-( At all events thanx for your time!

argiris ( ) posted Sat, 04 March 2017 at 7:59 AM

Hello,

any update regarding the "E:POSEREZDomeezdome.py" error when someone is trying to add the sun? I checks the .pyc script and seems that the path E:POSEREZDomeezdome.py is hard-coded in the code. Is this a bug ? Any workaround ?

Snarlygribbly ( ) posted Wed, 08 March 2017 at 4:31 PM

No, no update. I asked for people who were willing to help me to fix this to sitemail me here. No-one did, so it isn't getting fixed.

mercutioaquarius ( ) posted Fri, 10 March 2017 at 4:05 PM

Snarlygribbly posted at 11:03PM Fri, 10 March 2017 - #4298954

No, no update. I asked for people who were willing to help me to fix this to sitemail me here. No-one did, so it isn't getting fixed.

If you can explain what must I do, I'd like to try the debugging version.

Snarlygribbly ( ) posted Sat, 11 March 2017 at 5:04 AM

mercutioaquarius posted at 11:01AM Sat, 11 March 2017 - #4299098

Snarlygribbly posted at 11:03PM Fri, 10 March 2017 - #4298954

If you can explain what must I do, I'd like to try the debugging version.

Send me an email (royston@snarlygribbly.org) with the subject: EZDome debugging I shall respond with an email containing the instructions and a new debugging version of the script as an attachment. It may take me a few days to respond as the debugging version hasn't been made yet :) Thank you for your help!

VolcanicMink ( ) posted Sun, 09 April 2017 at 6:49 PM

Is EZSkin still available? I can never find it :(

Miss B ( ) posted Sun, 09 April 2017 at 7:56 PM · edited Sun, 09 April 2017 at 7:58 PM

Here you go --> EZSkin 3

Note: This version only works in P11/PP11. If you're using P10/PP2014, then you'll need EZSkin 2

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

VolcanicMink ( ) posted Sun, 09 April 2017 at 8:18 PM

Thank you!!

And I have the chocolate here on my desk. Never work without it. Dove. Dark.

Miss B ( ) posted Sun, 09 April 2017 at 10:15 PM

Yummmmmm!! 😁

Oh, and you're quite welcome. 😉

Butterfly Dezignz

RichardCoffey ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2017 at 8:45 AM · edited Sun, 23 April 2017 at 8:57 AM

Boni,

Thank you for your instructions for adding shadow catching to Firefly renders in EZDome.

However, when I look in my Primitives Library in Poser 11 Pro, I do not see a prop named "roundgroundplane". Can you suggest where I might find it?

Richard

Boni posted at 7:36AM Sun, 23 April 2017 - #4287505

First. The shadow catcher described by Snarky is strictly for firefly renders. Because of the pbr nature of superfly at the moment in Poser true shadow catching is not possible. I faked it with a glass like surface that I can't quite duplicate ... but am working on. Just use SG's shadow directions for firefly renders in the meantime.

Here is your instructions.

• in EZDome add Sun for light.
  • Library>props>primitives>roundgroundplane
  • in the material room, Poser Surface root node bottom area is "shadow catcher only" check that box

This should help you accomplish what you want.

We sort of cross posted ... I hope this helps any way.

Miss B ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2017 at 9:43 AM

RichardCoffey posted at 10:37AM Sun, 23 April 2017 - #4303287

Boni,

Thank you for your instructions for adding shadow catching to Firefly renders in EZDome.

However, when I look in my Primitives Library in Poser 11 Pro, I do not see a prop named "roundgroundplane". Can you suggest where I might find it?

Richard

Hi Richard, in PP11 it's called Round Groundplane HR. The HR stands for High Resolution. Just out of curiosity, I checked my P9 Primitives and it's named the same.

I think the one word name refers to an old P8RoundGroundPlane primitive that was also available in older versions of Poser, but no longer available with P11/PP11.

Hope that helps.

Butterfly Dezignz

ElZagna ( ) posted Thu, 13 July 2017 at 9:04 PM

Was the "EZSun not found" issue ever resolved because I'm having the same problem?

Snarlygribbly ( ) posted Sat, 22 July 2017 at 7:55 AM

There is now a build 054 for download which fixes some issues of the Poser Home Edition. Many thanks to ElZagna for helping me to fix it :)

mercutioaquarius ( ) posted Sun, 24 September 2017 at 3:52 AM · edited Sun, 24 September 2017 at 3:53 AM

Snarly's freebies @ Snarly's Space : Closed until further notice :-(

Snarlygribbly ( ) posted Sun, 24 September 2017 at 7:16 AM

mercutioaquarius posted at 1:07PM Sun, 24 September 2017 - #4314740

Snarly's freebies @ Snarly's Space : Closed until further notice :-(

That link is out of date. Try this: http://www.snarlygribbly.org/snarlyspace/ezdome.html

I also have an unpublished version with a shadow catcher but due to a bug in Poser it requires a somewhat clumsy workaround. If anyone wants to help test it then please email me - it won't be made properly available to the community until SM fix the bug.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.