Wed, Sep 18, 2:22 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Virtual World Dynamics

Welcome to the Virtual World Dynamics Forum

Virtual World Dynamics F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 15 1:40 pm)

Subject: Share your VWD Renders!

Smaker1 ( ) posted Fri, 27 January 2017 at 9:36 AM

I confirm! Thank you both.

Since the VWD launch (one year now if I remember well) I have no picture where I didn't use VWD even if it's subliminal.

And even if the bridge is invisible: I appreciate it each time I launch VWD.

PS: and after all these kind words I'm now waiting for the new VWD manual :-)

Ashfire45 ( ) posted Mon, 30 January 2017 at 3:43 PM

Classy1.jpg

Not thrilled with the lighting... But sure as hell thrilled with what Virtual World Dynamics did to the hair. Dear God, how could I spend so much of my Daz life without this product? <3

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Tue, 31 January 2017 at 3:18 PM

@Ashfire45 : Thank you for this beautiful image. Thank you for the compliment.

For me, it is a real pleasure to see all these marvelous images made using the program.

Follow me on Twitter : @VWDynamics

Watch demo videos on Youtube

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Tue, 31 January 2017 at 3:23 PM

@Smaker1 : WimVDB just sent me a first release of the new manual. He did a great work on it. I know Biscuits and Fivecat read also this new documentation and will bring some modifications on it. This new documentation will be fantastic!!!

Smaker1 ( ) posted Wed, 01 February 2017 at 1:50 AM

@VWD: I want, I want!!!! Any ETA about this?

@Ashfire: wonderful, you make me want to do more hair simulation ! One thing bother me: how can she float in the air with this pose?

itou31 ( ) posted Mon, 06 February 2017 at 2:51 AM

Hi there, VWD is very helpfull for stransmap hair simulation. After a big week to test intensively vwd and the daz bridge, here are the result and some conclusions : Note that the animation is not perfect as blending aniblocks in daz is not very efficient, even transfering animation into iclone and back to daz, I cannot fix these "feet sliding effect". About VWD and bridge:

• Hair animation is long and trial and errors make me crazy as sometimes, the hair movement is bad just at near the end of simulation (as VWD cannot resume simulation from a specific frame). To decrease time simulation (for all cloth and hair) I use very often decimator plugin (and also convert figure to props).
  • as transfering result is very long too, sometimes I use my second PC to start a new simulation. I think about to start a new instance of DAZ and VWD (I should check if possible to do that by copying VWD folder and rename it, but how to point the startVWD.py to the new folder ? @Philiipe, where is the path stored ?)
  • Not easy to simulate rigid props (earring example help me alot), and I should ask to Gรฉrald how to add some weight to the prop (like the pendant of necklace) to avoid flying effect.
  • As I made many simulation with the same animation, I need to save the dyn file (about 3GB) as sometimes, i forgot to uncheck 'new animation' and lost the file recorded. I've also test to reload rip file, but doesn't work as I think that prop properties has changed since last simulation.

And here is my first animation render with VWD and DAZ Bridge : Jenny & Nathalie Dance

You can compare to my last work with Marvellous Designer and DAZ (notice that I have not simulate hair as at this time VWD is not released !) : LiuYan Flying Dance and the preview

So thanks to Gรฉrald and Philippe to make it possible without expensive cost.

Ashfire45 ( ) posted Mon, 06 February 2017 at 5:54 AM

itou31 posted at 11:53AM Mon, 06 February 2017 - #4296704

Hi there, VWD is very helpfull for stransmap hair simulation. After a big week to test intensively vwd and the daz bridge, here are the result and some conclusions : Note that the animation is not perfect as blending aniblocks in daz is not very efficient, even transfering animation into iclone and back to daz, I cannot fix these "feet sliding effect". About VWD and bridge:

• Hair animation is long and trial and errors make me crazy as sometimes, the hair movement is bad just at near the end of simulation (as VWD cannot resume simulation from a specific frame). To decrease time simulation (for all cloth and hair) I use very often decimator plugin (and also convert figure to props).
  • as transfering result is very long too, sometimes I use my second PC to start a new simulation. I think about to start a new instance of DAZ and VWD (I should check if possible to do that by copying VWD folder and rename it, but how to point the startVWD.py to the new folder ? @Philiipe, where is the path stored ?)
  • Not easy to simulate rigid props (earring example help me alot), and I should ask to Gรฉrald how to add some weight to the prop (like the pendant of necklace) to avoid flying effect.
  • As I made many simulation with the same animation, I need to save the dyn file (about 3GB) as sometimes, i forgot to uncheck 'new animation' and lost the file recorded. I've also test to reload rip file, but doesn't work as I think that prop properties has changed since last simulation.

And here is my first animation render with VWD and DAZ Bridge : Jenny & Nathalie Dance

You can compare to my last work with Marvellous Designer and DAZ (notice that I have not simulate hair as at this time VWD is not released !) : LiuYan Flying Dance and the preview

So thanks to Gรฉrald and Philippe to make it possible without expensive cost.

Words can't express how impressive I found that animation. I'm watching it over and over because I'm so jaw dropped at everything you've done right. The movements are so realistic and the cloth moves beautifully and I CANNOT get over the gorgeous, natural movements of the hair!!!!!!!!! Oh WOW I feel giddy with excitement seeing THAT'S what can be achieved with VWD!!!!! You're incredible!!!!!

Writers_Block ( ) posted Mon, 06 February 2017 at 1:36 PM

video not there?

itou31 ( ) posted Tue, 07 February 2017 at 2:12 AM

@Writers_Block : sorry, the video is on youtube and link here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64hCOSWRLJ4

And the other links mentionned in the previous post : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlg8NgtgURo and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tImRCEgOR3k

Writers_Block ( ) posted Tue, 07 February 2017 at 9:23 AM ยท edited Tue, 07 February 2017 at 9:25 AM

Excellent job, although the lack of breast movement kills it. It's more noticeable on the girl on the right. The first vid.

Second one does work. Third one, it wasn't quite real, and consciously I'm not sure why; really good job.

Smaker1 ( ) posted Mon, 13 February 2017 at 2:52 PM

Hello

here is my last project: dress simulation and my first hair simulation (at last!!) I must say I'm happy about this one!

Autumn-FinalLR.jpg

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Wed, 15 February 2017 at 6:46 AM

Hello Smaker1, as always, a marvelous work. Definitively, the hair simulations are my favorite ones.

Smaker1 ( ) posted Fri, 17 February 2017 at 7:09 AM

Thanks Gรฉrald.

The final lighting and compositing hide a little the complexity of the hair all over the branches but in full resolution : it's there ! After most of my clothes going through VWD, I think that, now, all the hairs will follow ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

NolosQuinn ( ) posted Fri, 24 February 2017 at 1:16 PM

CyberSpy

Loving the movement of the straps...

Now working on two layer animation.

'I'm paying for this movie. I want guns'

dzonatan ( ) posted Sat, 25 February 2017 at 4:14 AM

DaremoK3 posted at 4:13AM Sat, 25 February 2017 - #4272621

Great renders everyone.

Here's one from me, but it only has two elements utilizing VWD. The pants, and the belt. Both are conforming clothes objects, but were done in two different draping sessions. The pants are single dynamic mesh, and an animated drape was used. The belt is comprised of separate meshes, and was added after for a quick static drape.

r_Composite03.jpg

Is this render made in Daz3D or Poser? Would love to know how you achieved this cartoonish render.

DaremoK3 ( ) posted Sat, 25 February 2017 at 7:22 PM

It's a composite image which involved a couple of different software. I'm not 100% sure on this one, but I believe I used FotoSketcher, and Postworkshop.

The base image was rendered in DAZ Studio using ToonyCam Pro for the initial lines and colors.

Tikiman-3d ( ) posted Fri, 10 March 2017 at 1:59 PM

I did a test using animations from mixamo. MODEL TEST

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Sun, 12 March 2017 at 3:08 PM

You are right, the animations found at Mixamo works very well with daz characters.

I want to do some videos showing some simulations using these animations.

Thanks you for this very beautiful rendering.

Writers_Block ( ) posted Sun, 12 March 2017 at 7:10 PM

jmelvin64 posted at 12:10AM Mon, 13 March 2017 - #4299088

I did a test using animations from mixamo. MODEL TEST

Very impressive.

Writers_Block ( ) posted Sun, 12 March 2017 at 7:10 PM

Smaker1 posted at 12:10AM Mon, 13 March 2017 - #4297358

Hello

here is my last project: dress simulation and my first hair simulation (at last!!) I must say I'm happy about this one!

Autumn-FinalLR.jpg

Damn, that is good.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Thu, 23 March 2017 at 3:17 PM ยท edited Thu, 23 March 2017 at 3:17 PM

I come back to video. I like it. It is a new method to animate hair using several rigidifications. This method allows to keep the strands of hair lightly linked together. I can make a video showing how to simulate hair using this method. Here is the link : https://youtu.be/VqBQ1F_yj5E

itou31 ( ) posted Thu, 23 March 2017 at 5:08 PM

Great Gerald ! Hope to see soon the tutorial !

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Fri, 24 March 2017 at 11:49 AM

Here another video using the same actors as the previous one but with a slow animation. I found these animations at Mixamo. All the animations on this site are really marvelous. Here the link to the new video : https://youtu.be/f81-yrr59Pw

@itou31 : Ok, I can do a tutorial showing how to animate hair using this new method.

agape ( ) posted Wed, 29 March 2017 at 11:22 PM

Both were wonderful! I look forward to that tutorial video too! Don't forget the English subtitles!

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Sun, 02 April 2017 at 5:20 PM

Hello,

Just a try of video tutorial in English. I know the result is not good but I ask you to tell me clearly if it is useful or not. I do not want to make tutorials by reading something and the subtitles really take me too much time. I just ask you a bit of indulgence.

If the result is acceptable to you, I publish it on YouTube and I will continue to do other tutorials using the same method. I assure you that the next ones will be better.

Here is the link : https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9c39Rz2Ec-Jd2E0QzRMdVpmb3c

agape ( ) posted Sun, 02 April 2017 at 8:48 PM

Good job!! I understood you just fine!

itou31 ( ) posted Mon, 03 April 2017 at 4:51 PM

Yes, the tutorial is easy to understand. As french myself and speaking english for some tutorial, I know the difficulties to be fluent. Good job Gรฉrald ! Merci pour le tutoriel.

3DFineries ( ) posted Thu, 13 April 2017 at 7:07 AM

Please remember guys that we now have a Gallery for VWD. I see all these beautiful renders in this thread, but I really wish I could do them as Staff Picks each week and share them with the whole community. :heart_tip:

Have a creative day!

My Lil' Store

3DFineries ( ) posted Thu, 13 April 2017 at 7:10 AM

Abso-friggin-lootly Astounding! The lighting, the sim, the composition, the 'life' you breathed into this render just blows me away.

Smaker1 posted at 7:08AM Thu, 13 April 2017 - #4297358

Hello

Autumn-FinalLR.jpg

Have a creative day!

My Lil' Store

Smaker1 ( ) posted Mon, 17 April 2017 at 5:35 AM

3DFineries posted at 12:20PM Mon, 17 April 2017 - #4302413

Abso-friggin-lootly Astounding! The lighting, the sim, the composition, the 'life' you breathed into this render just blows me away.

Smaker1 posted at 7:08AM Thu, 13 April 2017 - #4297358

Hello

Autumn-FinalLR.jpg

Thanks for your nice comments 3Dfineries and Writers-Block. I'm very "quite" now as i'm currently moving house. Hope to do some renders soon!

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Fri, 05 May 2017 at 2:08 AM ยท edited Fri, 05 May 2017 at 2:09 AM
VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Sun, 07 May 2017 at 12:00 PM

Congratulation for your video. The animation is impressive. I just see a little default on the cape. I think you applied a self-collision on it. Perhaps, the mesh has large triangles and this can generate a stress. In fact, the size of the mesh elements (length of the segments) must be smaller than the dรฉtection size. If this length is higher, some vertices defined by extension can be found as self-collision vertices. This generates a stress on the clothe. I want to explain this in a tutorial.

3doutlaw ( ) posted Wed, 10 May 2017 at 10:08 AM ยท edited Wed, 10 May 2017 at 10:09 AM

Used VWD on the open shirt for a better drape ๐Ÿ˜ (click for bigger or here) 3doutlaw

3DFineries ( ) posted Thu, 11 May 2017 at 7:35 AM

Nice animation, Wendy. Well done!

Have a creative day!

My Lil' Store

3DFineries ( ) posted Thu, 11 May 2017 at 7:41 AM

It's a shame these beauties aren't uploaded to the VWD Gallery.
Anupaum uploaded one the other day that was a very nice hair drape.

Have a creative day!

My Lil' Store

NolosQuinn ( ) posted Mon, 15 May 2017 at 11:26 AM

CyberSpy Love how the straps move

Novariens Holy for V4 Two Capes movement gives an epic look

Onslaught Sisterhood V4 Heavy Leather cloth movement

Sepiasiren ( ) posted Sat, 08 July 2017 at 9:36 PM ยท edited Sat, 08 July 2017 at 9:37 PM

My latest Vid I was able to work out a few kinks--I LOVE this program:

VIDEO ON VIMEO

ISSA WALKS ON WATER

Still from video

issa-water-walk.jpg

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Sun, 09 July 2017 at 1:30 PM

Alicia, I don't know if you can imagine the pleasure I have, to look at your creations that use VWD. Thank you a thousand times for this.

Sepiasiren ( ) posted Sun, 09 July 2017 at 7:47 PM

VirtualWorldDynamics posted at 7:47PM Sun, 09 July 2017 - #4309510

Alicia, I don't know if you can imagine the pleasure I have, to look at your creations that use VWD. Thank you a thousand times for this.

Thank you so much--I am greatly enjoying VWD, it's a god send!

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Tue, 11 July 2017 at 11:31 AM

Thanks a lot, Alicia.

NolosQuinn ( ) posted Tue, 25 July 2017 at 3:05 PM

Interesting, but not surprised.

itou31 ( ) posted Wed, 26 July 2017 at 8:58 AM

Just update my animation in 1080p

• custom model from G3F and G2F
  • Posing jean and jacket on the chair with VWD
  • all cloth, hair, bangle, necklace and gaiters with VWD.

Ashfire45 ( ) posted Thu, 27 July 2017 at 6:39 AM

Thought I'd share this, given how proud I am of it - everything except the hair was simulated through VWD. The reason I didn't simulate the hair is that the Mada hair takes way too long to drape - I'd rather wait for the GPU version of VWD before using it. :)

Demure.jpg

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Fri, 28 July 2017 at 2:31 PM

@itou31 : Thank you for this video. I love the fluidity of the clothes and the movements of the hair. I suppose the simulations took a lot of time even if this computing time is often lower than the rendering time.

@Ashfire45 : Thank you for this image. About the GPU version, It progresses regularly. Currently, I finish the first CPU version fully compatible with the GPU version. The next step will be a translation step. Soon, I will create a new thread to ask to some users to tests this version even if it is not a GPU version yet.

Writers_Block ( ) posted Fri, 04 August 2017 at 5:11 AM ยท edited Fri, 04 August 2017 at 5:16 AM

New Flat - no furniture.png

Just the dress done with VWD, as I was happy with the hair as it was.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Sat, 05 August 2017 at 7:34 AM

She is really very pretty. Thank you for this image.

Writers_Block ( ) posted Sat, 05 August 2017 at 8:57 AM

VirtualWorldDynamics posted at 2:56PM Sat, 05 August 2017 - #4311429

She is really very pretty. Thank you for this image.

Welcome:) First for a while I've been happy with.

Smaker1 ( ) posted Tue, 29 August 2017 at 2:50 PM

Hello

after a long break, I made this picture to warm up again (dress and hair simulation with Genesis 8, LAMH for fur). I used the last version of the bridge , glad the annoying import/export messages disappeared. Thanks Phil !

Jump LR.jpg

grinch2901 ( ) posted Thu, 07 December 2017 at 2:14 PM

Nothing fancy, just a little something.

Summer Treat.png

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.