Wed, Oct 2, 10:23 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Suggestion Box

Welcome to the Suggestion Box Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic, msansing

Suggestion Box F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 24 8:29 am)

This forum is designed for suggestions from the community on how you feel we can improve Renderosity.

Subject: Daz Only Items Banned

meeshy ( ) posted Sun, 04 June 2017 at 6:47 AM · edited Sun, 08 September 2024 at 11:56 PM

I have been away from poser/rendo for a few years, I have come back and find Daz Studio only items are dominating the shops, including here! nearly everything I wanted to buy here was for Daz only or Genesis 3 only, most of the sellers dont give an option of a V4 version, some brilliant sellers DO I might add! so it is obviously possible to do for both genesis AND V4, but I have learnt most sellers dont want to put the work into doing items for both! Renderosity has always been THE place to go to for mainly POSER items as well as other formats, so why has this changed?? Oh I forgot to add my suggestion lol, my suggestion is that sellers are not allowed to sell daz or genesis ONLY items here, if they cant be assed to spend a bit more time doing v4 versions or poser compatable scenes then why should they make money here when we cant use the items, sorry but Im so fed up of wanting items I cannot use in poser here, it would be nice to be able to use the things for sale here in Poser without checking its not daz only all the time, if Smith Micro did a program that allows daz items to load in poser or a script that allows genesis 3 etc to load in poser then everything would be perfect! I know a lot of people prefer daz or vice versa but we could always use BOTH before, I remember loading daz stuff in poser & poser into daz 3 all the time but now with Iray etc its just not possible as daz have made it you can only use daz for them :( Im not having a go at people who prefer daz, each to their own! :) Im just saying its not fair rendo allow daz ONLY items in the shops when we are mainly a poser community! xx

ghostman ( ) posted Sun, 04 June 2017 at 7:01 AM

😱

"Dream like you'll live forever. Live like you'll die tomorrow."

Join PoserLounge Chat

JVRenderer ( ) posted Sun, 04 June 2017 at 12:04 PM

TUT !

Software: Daz Studio 4.15,  Photoshop CC, Zbrush 2022, Blender 3.3, Silo 2.3, Filter Forge 4. Marvelous Designer 7

Hardware: self built Intel Core i7 8086K, 64GB RAM,  RTX 3090 .

"If you spend too much time arguing about software, you're spending too little time creating art!" ~ SomeSmartAss

"A critic is a legless man who teaches running." ~ Channing Pollock

My Gallery  My Other Gallery 

ghostman ( ) posted Sun, 04 June 2017 at 12:05 PM

PMSL!!!

"Dream like you'll live forever. Live like you'll die tomorrow."

Join PoserLounge Chat

profotograf ( ) posted Mon, 05 June 2017 at 7:06 AM · edited Mon, 05 June 2017 at 7:20 AM

So what you're asking is that people continue supporting super outdated tech, that even Smith Micro has turned it's back on (they let the entire developer team of Poser go and closed the Poser division down), and RDNA closed the largest Poser support area to "defect" to Daz... Most of the content creators for Poser-Only products have upped their game and gone to Daz. Renderosity has seen the market and doesn't wish to close it's doors so they are going with the market technical advantages.

What you are telling everyone here is:

"I demand that you keep on buying and using VHS tapes to watch your movies, and I won't touch a Blu-ray player or Netflix!"

Sorry but times change and tech moves forward. You either go with it, or you'll be the only one with your BetaMax and Princess Phone on your kitchen wall, asking people "what do you mean by "social media"?

Get the idea.

Good luck with your view of the industry.

Hope it works for you.

(Oh, and by the way, PoserAddicts supported poser only products and is now a legacy store making maybe one or two sales a month from loyal poser users, I kept it open for people like you to still get poser only content, it's not my livelihood or I'd have starved to death already).

Greetings from Germany
ProFotograf

My PoserAddicts

Amaranth ( ) posted Mon, 05 June 2017 at 7:33 AM

TUT TUT !

Amaranth3D

meeshy ( ) posted Mon, 05 June 2017 at 5:05 PM

profotograf theres no need to be so rude!! I just dont understand why a mainly "poser" shop sells things that cannot be used in poser! I presume your a vendor & sell daz only items thats why your so narked!?! Theres plenty of places vendors can sell daz ONLY items I just dont think its fair selling them here in a poser community site thats all!

Amaranth ( ) posted Mon, 05 June 2017 at 5:20 PM

Renderosity is a business hun where vendors can sell 2D, 3D, software, music, etc. If they were to ban daz only items that won't be good for business. If the artists feel better working in DS it would be the same telling Rubens to use something else then a brush. I'm sure you can paint with a banana ? but would it be the same quality? And we all want quality whether it's created in Poser or Daz Studio !

Amaranth3D

profotograf ( ) posted Mon, 05 June 2017 at 6:43 PM

meeshy posted at 1:29AM Tue, 06 June 2017 - #4306835

profotograf theres no need to be so rude!! I just dont understand why a mainly "poser" shop sells things that cannot be used in poser! I presume your a vendor & sell daz only items thats why your so narked!?! Theres plenty of places vendors can sell daz ONLY items I just dont think its fair selling them here in a poser community site thats all!

My post wasn't rude at all. It is a view of the current stance of things in this market. I've worked with every company that owned Poser since MetaCreations, beta testing the Poser program and creating and selling content for Poser since 1997. I ran PoserAddicts, MalePoserotica and Poserpedia, for more than a decade and a half. The industry has CHANGED. And not recently, over time. Renderosity is a Poser Only store? Since when? I bought Bryce products, 3DS products, Vue Products, Poser Products and many other types of Products here, including standalone software, that had nothing to do with Poser itself here at Renderosity. I don't understand why telling you the facts of what happened to the market for Poser is "rude". Ask anyone who left the Poser marketplace to go to Daz why they did it. You realize that Victoria 4 of Generation 4 was released late 2006 that was 11 years ago. People are only creating Victoria 4 and Michael 4 textures because they work in Poser standalone without the need for importers. Between Genesis 1 and Genesis 3, figured have advanced in leaps and bounds and technology has advanced rapidly.

I'm truly sorry you have been out of the community for several years and came back to something new, but in the software industry things never stand still. My store PoserAddicts is all but dead because no one wanted to create for Poser anymore as the interest in the Poser Community dropped to almost 0, and they were no longer interested in buying products in quantities enough to interest a content provider to make more. The market was Daz Studio, and sales were higher and more lucrative. And hence the Poser marketplace slowed down drastically. Additionally, innovative products were not being produced for Poser anymore as sales were so abysmal.

I only left PoserAddicts open as a Legacy Store - since there are products there for Generation 3 and Generation 4, which still is of interest to Poser users, and now that Daz Studio has Autofits for the clothing for Generation 3 and 4, you can just convert them to Iray and add shaders and some of the clothing looks amazing today even better than back then.

I simply gave you a few examples of how the industry had advanced and did not intend it to be misinterpreted as rude.

Greetings from Germany
ProFotograf

My PoserAddicts

vagabondallen ( ) posted Tue, 06 June 2017 at 10:57 PM · edited Tue, 06 June 2017 at 10:57 PM

Meeshy, I TOTALLY get why you thought Antonio was being rude. I've known him for a long time. It was not his intent. But his points were valid. In the time you were away, the number 1 third party supplier of figures to Poser abandoned Poser for their own software and the death spiral began. Poser is the Quark Express of this community. It's still viable and usable and still has a core following, but without a major breakthrough, Diaz Stuido is outpacing it at every turn. So many vendors gave up waiting, and so many stores focused on Poser, including this one, have changed or died. It's sad, but true. The Recession had a lot to do with it, too, as many artists lost their hobby budgets and 3D software makers began to target commercial clients and their big wallets.

Boni ( ) posted Wed, 07 June 2017 at 3:31 PM

Hello everyone. Let's be careful. I know there are preferences and a lot of opinions on this topic. Let's not get too aggressive in our views ok?

Here's my slant on this and I hope this helps Meeshy:

Yes, a lot of folks have found the DAZ end more appealing and new things are aimed towards that as a result. Fact. Even if devout Poser users like myself aren't as pleased as others are.

BUT! There are a LARGE amount of Poser supporters here. WE are still creating for Poser, we are still promoting Poser. We are a little out-numbered at the moment, but don't let that discourage you. I know of several vendors who are still Poser exclusive creators and are going as strong as ever. Don't be discouraged. I am a Poser Ambassador and I will continue to support and endorse Poser products.

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

meeshy ( ) posted Mon, 12 June 2017 at 3:57 AM

Thanks everyone for the replies, I have no problems with people using daz or creating things for daz its just the fact that its not helping Poser or people like myself who mainly use poser, if they dont create the genesis things for V4 etc too, I had no idea that Poser had been "abandoned" by so many vendors :( good job I believe in Karma! I keep hearing Poser will make a mega comeback I really hope thats true as its so unfair to those of us who have invested lots of time & money into Poser to just sit back & watch all these things being sold & we cant use them 😒

SeanMartin ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2017 at 1:37 AM

"We'll never abandon our Poser customers." — DAZ, some time in 2008, on these very boards

Yeah, as if.

And sorry but it's hardly "super outdated tech". The biggest reason Poser was abandoned was because it didnt have a big busty showgirl at its centre. From a technical standpoint, Poser still has the edge when it comes to animation and cloth dynamics, not to mention lighting, but since users cant put their hot, sexy Vicky in there, they're not interested in using it.

That's why the program is dying, folks. Has nothing to do with the technical capabilities. It has everything to do with Sexy Barbie and her Sexy Friends commandeering this entire market for years now. And that should not be rocket science to anyone.

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider

Male_M3dia ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2017 at 6:33 AM

SeanMartin posted at 7:26AM Fri, 16 June 2017 - #4307621

"We'll never abandon our Poser customers." — DAZ, some time in 2008, on these very boards

Why would DAZ3D need to say that in 2008? Genesis wasn't released until 2011. Victoria 4.2 (the update to victoria 4) was released in 2008 along with Michael 4 in the fall.Those figures were using poser tech.

SeanMartin ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2017 at 7:35 AM

Male_M3dia posted at 8:34AM Fri, 16 June 2017 - #4307630

Why would DAZ3D need to say that in 2008? Genesis wasn't released until 2011. Victoria 4.2 (the update to victoria 4) was released in 2008 along with Michael 4 in the fall.Those figures were using poser tech.

Because DS was well into development by then, and folks like myself knew this kind of split was coming. And DAZ came here and reassured us all with promises I knew then they had no intention of keeping.

Male_M3dia ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2017 at 11:21 AM · edited Fri, 16 June 2017 at 11:22 AM

SeanMartin posted at 12:15PM Fri, 16 June 2017 - #4307636

Because DS was well into development by then, and folks like myself knew this kind of split was coming. And DAZ came here and reassured us all with promises I knew then they had no intention of keeping.

DS2 or DS3 in development? I think it was DS3 because I bought the upgrade. The program still used Poser tech right? I'm skeptical because in software, things change enough that it's not realistic to make promises like that, particularly when DS was developed because of the uncertainty of Poser being around after the issues in poser 5 and the financial state of the company that owned poser at that time.

Either way, it probably makes more sense to send your concerns about poser's direction to Rafael Torres.

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2017 at 12:03 PM

vagabondallen posted at 6:01PM Fri, 16 June 2017 - #4306934

Poser is the Quark Express of this community.

Have you looked at QuarkXPress2017 then? Alive and kicking and getting good reviews.

SeanMartin ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2017 at 1:35 PM

Male_M3dia posted at 2:34PM Fri, 16 June 2017 - #4307662

DS2 or DS3 in development? I think it was DS3 because I bought the upgrade. The program still used Poser tech right? I'm skeptical because in software, things change enough that it's not realistic to make promises like that, particularly when DS was developed because of the uncertainty of Poser being around after the issues in poser 5 and the financial state of the company that owned poser at that time.

Either way, it probably makes more sense to send your concerns about poser's direction to Rafael Torres.

There was actually more to it than just the uncertainty of Poser 5, but that's privileged information. Still, if you come on here and make such a promise and then welch on it, the honourable thing would be to come back and admit you screwed up in terms of making it in the first place. Oddly enough, DAZ never did. Hmm.

Male_M3dia ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2017 at 2:01 PM · edited Fri, 16 June 2017 at 2:06 PM

SeanMartin posted at 2:59PM Fri, 16 June 2017 - #4307676

Male_M3dia posted at 2:34PM Fri, 16 June 2017 - #4307662

There was actually more to it than just the uncertainty of Poser 5, but that's privileged information. Still, if you come on here and make such a promise and then welch on it, the honourable thing would be to come back and admit you screwed up in terms of making it in the first place. Oddly enough, DAZ never did. Hmm.

At this point, I don't think it matters as if the statement was made, it made by management that hasn't been there in years. What matters is you letting management at Smith Micro know what they can do for you moving forward. Nine years later, the technology isn't even the same between companies so you have to ask for content applicable to the software you wish to use.

consumer573 ( ) posted Tue, 04 July 2017 at 4:41 AM · edited Tue, 04 July 2017 at 4:50 AM

profotograf posted at 5:39AM Tue, 04 July 2017 - #4306780

...So what you're asking is that people continue supporting super outdated tech, that even Smith Micro has turned it's back on (they let the entire developer team of Poser go and closed the Poser division down), and RDNA closed the largest Poser support area to "defect" to Daz... Most of the content creators for Poser-Only products have upped their game and gone to Daz. Renderosity has seen the market and doesn't wish to close it's doors so they are going with the market technical advantages...

Poser is Closed?

No more new versions?

What happens when my six months tie in comes due? I agree SM never quite got Poser.

Is there more info about this elsewhere?

wimvdb ( ) posted Tue, 04 July 2017 at 3:49 PM

Poser is alive and well. A new team has been formed and is continuing the development of Poser.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.