Wed, Oct 2, 10:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Blender

Welcome to the Blender Forum

Forum Moderators: Lobo3433 Forum Coordinators: LuxXeon

Blender F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 29 9:06 pm)

Welcome to the Blender Forum!

Your place to learn about Blender, ask questions,
   exchange ideas, and interact with the other Blender users!

Gallery | Freestuff | Tutorials

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace. Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Blender 2.78c is ready for download

EClark1894 ( ) posted Thu, 08 June 2017 at 11:16 PM · edited Wed, 02 October 2024 at 8:29 AM

Just so you guys know, the latestest build for Blender v. 2.78c is available for download now from Blender.org.

keppel ( ) posted Fri, 09 June 2017 at 2:25 AM · edited Fri, 09 June 2017 at 2:27 AM

Don't want to rain on your parade but 2.78c has been out since the 28th of February. 😉

My Renderosity Store
Virtual Furnishing
My Portfolio

EClark1894 ( ) posted Fri, 09 June 2017 at 6:22 AM

Sorry. I've been in the hospital for congested heart failure for awhile and just got out last week. So it's going to take me a while to get back in stride. I apologize.

Lobo3433 ( ) posted Fri, 09 June 2017 at 8:18 AM
Forum Moderator

No worries hope you are feeling better EClark

Lobo3433

Blender Maya & 3D Forum Moderator 

Renderosity Store

My Free Stuff

Facebook

Twitter

Renderosity Blender 3D Facebook Page

incantrix ( ) posted Fri, 09 June 2017 at 8:56 AM

I have seen on a couple of Utube vids 1 by Andrew price of Blender guru (1 of his critic vids referenced someone using 2.79) and another tutorial style 1 on eevee. Although have not seen anywhere and actual 2.79 version. So thought that was interesting.

Incantrix

Miss B ( ) posted Fri, 09 June 2017 at 12:05 PM

Version 2.79 may be in Beta, and I think you can get a Beta version to "play" with, though I don't usually pick up an update until it's been through Beta, and becoms a public release.

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

Boni ( ) posted Fri, 09 June 2017 at 2:46 PM

Earl, take good care of yourself ... healing white light for you!!

I have a lot of hopes riding on the upgrade ... things that can help the Poser team!!

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

Lobo3433 ( ) posted Fri, 09 June 2017 at 3:55 PM
Forum Moderator

You can download beta and development builds from here https://builder.blender.org/download/ but do realize these are non production builds so should not be used in a production environment you can also download and try custom builds offered by Blender community members at http://graphicall.org/ some of the builds on graphicall.org/ are unique for specific task or to interact with different hardware many of these builds are stable but again they are not official Blender releases

Lobo3433

Renderosity Store

My Free Stuff

Facebook

Twitter

Boni ( ) posted Fri, 09 June 2017 at 5:23 PM

Thanks Lobo! I'll look into this!

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

Lobo3433 ( ) posted Fri, 09 June 2017 at 9:54 PM
Forum Moderator

I wish some one would pick up develope the old Poser tool box for Blender but think it is pretty dead currently I know the Khalibloo Panel is making some big strides with the Genesis 1 & 2 figures and from what I have heard the creator is working trying to build in support for Genesis 3 but wish someone would do same for Poser I am always looking out for any potential add on support that might make working with Poser and Blender more compatible I know with a little tweaking most Cycle render nodes can be adapted for Poser Superfly but I know that is just the tip of the iceberg of what could be done with Poser if some ambitious developer would put some time into it

Lobo3433

Renderosity Store

My Free Stuff

Facebook

Twitter

Miss B ( ) posted Sat, 10 June 2017 at 12:09 AM

What I'd really like, though am not into this at all . . . yet . . . but I'd like to see Blender rigging compatible with Poser. Everyone I know who creates clothing, etc. and does rigging in Blender, say the rigging doesn't work in Poser, so they have to re-rig whatever they created.

Now I'm just learning all of that stuff in my Udemy Blender class, but it would be nice if they were compatible.

Butterfly Dezignz

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Sat, 10 June 2017 at 3:23 AM · edited Sat, 10 June 2017 at 3:27 AM

Hope you're recovering well, Earl... CHF is nothing to sneeze at. 😬

Miss B posted at 6:14PM Sat, 10 June 2017 - #4307185

What I'd really like, though am not into this at all . . . yet . . . but I'd like to see Blender rigging compatible with Poser. Everyone I know who creates clothing, etc. and does rigging in Blender, say the rigging doesn't work in Poser, so they have to re-rig whatever they created.

Now I'm just learning all of that stuff in my Udemy Blender class, but it would be nice if they were compatible.

Whilst I do still import posed/cloth-room-fitted figures from Poser to Blender: Rendvous004.jpg

I've been having a play with Manuel BastioniLab's 1.50 figures. The 1.60 WIP stuff looks very promising. Although the figures are quite stylised, they would work well for a scene like the one above. Oh, forgot to mention: they're fully rigged, of course. And animate-able.

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks

incantrix ( ) posted Sat, 10 June 2017 at 8:45 AM

I take back what I said on the eevee tute as it only stated that eevee would not be available if there was a 2.79 release of Blender. Not that there already had been one. Like Miss B I don't play around much with Beta releases, but have recently been checking out the eevee interface with the latest 2.8 build which I must say works very well only been able to crash it once so far.

Incantrix

Miss B ( ) posted Sat, 10 June 2017 at 12:02 PM

RobynsVeil posted at 12:59PM Sat, 10 June 2017 - #4307190

I've been having a play with Manuel BastioniLab's 1.50 figures. The 1.60 WIP stuff looks very promising. Although the figures are quite stylised, they would work well for a scene like the one above. Oh, forgot to mention: they're fully rigged, of course. And animate-able.

I'm going to have to check those out. For a distance render, like the one you posted, they would be OK. I was thinking more about clothing than characters, as I'm not sure I could/would want to create a full character.

Butterfly Dezignz

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sat, 10 June 2017 at 4:07 PM

Thanks for the well wishes, guys. I'm feeling much better.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sat, 10 June 2017 at 4:10 PM

Miss B posted at 5:09PM Sat, 10 June 2017 - #4307213

RobynsVeil posted at 12:59PM Sat, 10 June 2017 - #4307190

I'm going to have to check those out. For a distance render, like the one you posted, they would be OK. I was thinking more about clothing than characters, as I'm not sure I could/would want to create a full character.

Wonder what would happen if I wrote to the Blender Developers and asked them to make Blender compatible with Poser's rigging?

Miss B ( ) posted Sat, 10 June 2017 at 7:22 PM

You can always try Earl. I have no idea what kind of response you would get, but I suppose that's how software developers get ideas for updates.

Butterfly Dezignz

Lobo3433 ( ) posted Sat, 10 June 2017 at 8:42 PM
Forum Moderator

I know that the community is always open to suggestions and would welcome you asking Earl I mean SmithMicro incorporated Cycles and retooled it to suit Poser maybe contacting or putting it to SmithMicro as well in further developing more compatibility with Blender like they did with 3Ds Max, Maya, Cinema 4D and Lightwave now that Blender is being looked at as a complete 3D package they can develop fusion plug in for Blender

Lobo3433

Renderosity Store

My Free Stuff

Facebook

Twitter

EClark1849 ( ) posted Sun, 11 June 2017 at 12:09 AM

Lobo3433 posted at 12:06AM Sun, 11 June 2017 - #4307260

I know that the community is always open to suggestions and would welcome you asking Earl I mean SmithMicro incorporated Cycles and retooled it to suit Poser maybe contacting or putting it to SmithMicro as well in further developing more compatibility with Blender like they did with 3Ds Max, Maya, Cinema 4D and Lightwave now that Blender is being looked at as a complete 3D package they can develop fusion plug in for Blender

Funny thing is, I probably know more about who to contact At Blender than Smith Micro. I once would have just contacted Nerd, but after that big shake up, I have no clue who is even with Smith Micro.

wolf359 ( ) posted Sun, 11 June 2017 at 7:19 AM

I am curious to know what kind of bridge would the majority of Blender /Poser users prefer.

I ask because sometimes I hear people asking for just a Modeling bridge similar to the current Zbrush option.

Some seem to want to send poser figures with rigging intact to blender for rendering but has the inclusion of cycles in poser not made that redundant?

For pre poser 11 users, there used to be a poser version of the free McjTeleblender Script for DS that send the entire scene over to blender and convers image based mats to cycle nodes but alas it seems the poser version is no longer developed.

My website

YouTube Channel

Lobo3433 ( ) posted Sun, 11 June 2017 at 9:46 AM
Forum Moderator

I know that Daz user who are also Blender users can use Khalibloo Panel which currently supports Genesis 1 & 2 and is being worked on to also support Genesis 3 the Khalibloo Panel comes with several abilities the primary one is being able to bring in a Daz figure fully with it's native rigging and tools for creating morphs and send figure back to Daz I think something similar for Poser would be a welcome add on

Lobo3433

Renderosity Store

My Free Stuff

Facebook

Twitter

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sun, 11 June 2017 at 9:47 AM

wolf359 posted at 10:44AM Sun, 11 June 2017 - #4307274

I am curious to know what kind of bridge would the majority of Blender /Poser users prefer.

I ask because sometimes I hear people asking for just a Modeling bridge similar to the current Zbrush option.

Some seem to want to send poser figures with rigging intact to blender for rendering but has the inclusion of cycles in poser not made that redundant?

For pre poser 11 users, there used to be a poser version of the free McjTeleblender Script for DS that send the entire scene over to blender and convers image based mats to cycle nodes but alas it seems the poser version is no longer developed.

I want the rigging intact in Blender, but not just for rendering. There are times when having a posed figure to work with while modeling things like clothes, furniture, vehicles, etc. comes in handy. I can do something similar now if i pose the figure in Poser and export it as an object to Blender, but with no intact rigging you can't adjust anything if you need to.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Mon, 26 June 2017 at 6:12 PM

Blender 2.79 release in progress Release is expected in July. Get the test build!

https://download.blender.org/release/Blender2.79/

false1 ( ) posted Fri, 30 June 2017 at 10:29 AM

EClark1894 posted at 11:19AM Fri, 30 June 2017 - #4307288

wolf359 posted at 10:44AM Sun, 11 June 2017 - #4307274

I want the rigging intact in Blender, but not just for rendering. There are times when having a posed figure to work with while modeling things like clothes, furniture, vehicles, etc. comes in handy. I can do something similar now if i pose the figure in Poser and export it as an object to Blender, but with no intact rigging you can't adjust anything if you need to.

I'm pretty sure I've exported a rigged Poser figure from PP11 to Blender using FBX or Collada. The morphs and weight maps didn't translate though I think. Should work for purposes you've mentioned though.

My DeviantArt Gallery

My Website

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.