Mon, Oct 21, 4:52 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 3:29 pm)

Subject: Genesis 8 / Victoria 8 Released

ghosty12 ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2017 at 2:41 AM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 3:18 PM

Just when you thought you were safe Daz have released Genesis 8 / Victoria 8.. Prepare for many hurt wallets/purses..

https://www.daz3d.com/victoria-8

You know you enjoy 3D Art when you realize that your life is a piece of 3D Art. :)

AMD 7900X3D, 64 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 Ram, Asus Prime X670-P Wifi MB, PNY RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB, 14TB SSD's & HDD, Windows 11, Poser 9 / Pro 2012 / Pro 2014, Daz Studio 4.22.

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2017 at 8:27 AM

yay ;-)

Medzinatar ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2017 at 2:40 PM

You should find IM00042071-01_Genesis8FemaleStarterEssentials.zip in your product library at DAZ to install Genesis 8 Female

I'm pretty sure you will have to upgrade to Daz|Studio version 4.9.4.117 to use Genesis 8 Female and V8

Medzinatar ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2017 at 4:17 PM

Here is quickie side by side of new figure. G3F Hair fits OK. Havent't tried any clothes yet Why they call figure "8" is mystery. G3F --> V7, shouldn't G4F-->V8 g8g301.jpg

Male_M3dia ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2017 at 5:05 PM · edited Thu, 15 June 2017 at 5:06 PM
Online Now!

Medzinatar posted at 6:04PM Thu, 15 June 2017 - #4307590

Why they call figure "8" is mystery. G3F --> V7, shouldn't G4F-->V8

To clear up some confusion as someone may get G4 confused with the older generation 4 items (V4/M4). Moving it up to 8 puts the generation name and character name in sync.

bhoins ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2017 at 7:45 PM

Didn't I get V8 about a year ago?

It is in my account. :) Wouldn't that make this a little late? :)

https://www.daz3d.com/v8

hdavidf ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2017 at 4:43 AM

I have tried the G8 and the V8, so far the poses of parts like hands for V3 works fine but basic poses for G3 is not working at all, mainly problems with arms.

The skins of any G3f that I have tested so far works fine on the V8 body, same for the eyes. Most of the props works fine, you sometime need you to parent the object. The autofit works well. The shaping is a need to buy with.

I have tried V4 stuff but they don't work correctly. The expression of V3 works well but not all. Male or female that I have tested are fine. I did not really see a shorter render. I may need more test.

I have tested to add the g3 genitals, with a small shaping it works. My deviant art gallery

RitaCeleste ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2017 at 7:48 AM

I'm just saying no. I wanted upgrades to autofit but the upgrades are not enough to send me running to V8. I'll wait til V9 is out before I look at V8 if they insist on a two year then burn model upgrade cycle. I'm sad G3F is being cut off after two years and this is the end of the line as far as new Daz content for her. But I am going to continue to work with G3F and lower models. I love textures and shaders and all the cheap old items I have picked up. Since I have yet to make a dime off my art and it is a hobby, I can pass on V8 easily enough.

hdavidf ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2017 at 8:42 AM

That's the point, g3 will be cheaper and G2 still a very good one and has plenty of stuff and good skins.

If you love Victoria 4 it's easy to find some at low price. So V8 is just the new toy, not for you, and V7 is now cheaper and very common.

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2017 at 11:51 AM

I'm also sure we'll still see plenty of Genesis 3 clothing here in the Rendo store. I'm sure there are vendors who will still create for it. For now, G8 is a gamble, but G3 is a sure thing ;). I don't see too many vendors dropping it any time soon.

Laurie

hdavidf ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2017 at 1:30 PM

Especially because V8 fully use G3 cloths and hair.

demiurgent ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2017 at 1:56 PM

So far in very brief testing I'm liking the Powerpose Expressions quite a bit. In fact, Powerpose in general seems to work a little better than before, which is a nice upgrade.

Sometime around Christmas, I'm looking forward to doing a lot more with this, especially when Blacksmith 3D puts out a G3F to G8F skin converter and we get a lot more shapes.

demiurgent ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2017 at 4:09 PM

...slight revision... G3F skins work with G8F.

Huh.

I didn't call that one.

threedplayer ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2017 at 11:27 PM

To me this release is too soon, it should be released in 2018 and judging from various posts at DAZ forum, it seems genesis 8 has little to no difference with its predecessor

My Dynamic Clothing Store

ghosty12 ( ) posted Sat, 17 June 2017 at 12:22 AM

RitaCeleste posted at 2:48PM Sat, 17 June 2017 - #4307637

I'm just saying no. I wanted upgrades to autofit but the upgrades are not enough to send me running to V8. I'll wait til V9 is out before I look at V8 if they insist on a two year then burn model upgrade cycle. I'm sad G3F is being cut off after two years and this is the end of the line as far as new Daz content for her. But I am going to continue to work with G3F and lower models. I love textures and shaders and all the cheap old items I have picked up. Since I have yet to make a dime off my art and it is a hobby, I can pass on V8 easily enough.

Yeah this has been my issue as well, in my case it was when Genesis 3 came out I was and still am using Genesis 2 but the new content started drying up as everyone went to Genesis 3.. Now thee same will happen with Genesis 3 content will start drying up as everyone moves to Genesis 8, and like Genesis 2 and Genesis 1, Genesis 3 will be left in the dumpster so to speak..

You know you enjoy 3D Art when you realize that your life is a piece of 3D Art. :)

AMD 7900X3D, 64 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 Ram, Asus Prime X670-P Wifi MB, PNY RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB, 14TB SSD's & HDD, Windows 11, Poser 9 / Pro 2012 / Pro 2014, Daz Studio 4.22.

Safetyman ( ) posted Sat, 17 June 2017 at 9:18 AM

I can't seem to get Morph Loader Pro to work with Genesis 8. I used all the same settings that I've used with the G3F (yes I know what I'm doing) but D|S tells me that the geometry doesn't match when I try to import a simple morph. Obviously there's some setting that I'm missing on export/import, but I'll be doggone if I can figure it out. Has anyone been able to figure it out?

jestmart ( ) posted Sat, 17 June 2017 at 11:53 AM

Make sure you have removed the eyelashes conformer before exporting G8.

Safetyman ( ) posted Sat, 17 June 2017 at 1:16 PM

jestmart -- Thank you! That did the trick. I feel dumb.

atpo ( ) posted Sat, 17 June 2017 at 6:26 PM

To play V8,which V8 is stable for PC? V8 is a very high new model? Can cause PC shut off automatically? Can V8 cause bugs? What is mesh system of V8? Can V8 render by 3d delight? Thanks.

jestmart ( ) posted Sun, 18 June 2017 at 12:04 PM

Victoria 8 is a morph for Genesis 8 Female. Genesis 8 Starter Essentials is free and should be available from either DIM or your product library. There is a new DAZ Studio version 4.9.117 (I think) that is needed for all of Genesis 8's features to work. I have experiences no crashes with the new DAZ Studio and G8. G8 and V8 skin presets are for Iray but you can always convert them to a 3Delight based shader.

atpo ( ) posted Sun, 18 June 2017 at 8:02 PM

Thanks jestmart. To convert them to a 3Delight based shader, which the rendering is as well as Iray, namely is nice ,too? But I update DAZ by DIM and I haven't seen G8 in DIM.And I haven't seen G8 in DAZ offical web. Where can I get Genesis 8 Starter Essentials?

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 18 June 2017 at 8:22 PM

Genesis 8 Starter is in DIM, you need to scroll down the list or use the search feature to isolate the file.

wheatpenny ( ) posted Sun, 18 June 2017 at 8:32 PM
Site Admin

I've changed this thread to an Announcement so it will stay at the top of the Forum for a while.

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

DavidGB ( ) posted Mon, 19 June 2017 at 7:47 PM · edited Mon, 19 June 2017 at 7:48 PM

I note DAZ say the latest DS release is required for G8F, and here at Rendo, G8F products have 'Software: DAZ Studio 4.9.4 (Needed for G8F) ' slapped on them.

Funny - I'm finding G8F works fine in DS 4.8. The figure loads, poses, accepts materials ... everything a figure needs to do.

There are 3 and only 3 'problems':

1. The new version of Iray materials won't work properly with earlier DS. Well. duh! But any 3Delight materials or earlier versions of Iray materials an earlier DS 4.9 or 4.8 supports will work fine (as G8F takes G3F textures, having the same UVs apart from the eyes, but they are still compatible), and you can still use the new maps just by applying one of those older materials with ignore maps selected.

2. Autofit and the 'normal' Transfer Utility workflow don't work (on anything with shoulderbend and thighbend joints - many hairs will be fine and if it's G3F hair etc it doesn't even need to change the shape at all as G8F is exactly the same shape as G3F, just has a different zero pose (arm shoulderbend bend down 45, leg thighbend side-to-side out 6 compared with G3F's t-pose zero). But Transfer Utility is a powerful beast, and it took me all of two minutes to find a Transfer Utility workflow that WILL transfer all the G3F (and other figures) clothes, hair, morphs and whatnot to G8F perfectly fine, different zero pose and all. It's a few more clicks then the 'normal' TU workflow - but not enough to make it take much longer. After checking it worked, took me less than a minute to use Transfer Uitlity to convert a G3F jacket and pants and boots to G8F - in DS 4.8.

3. DAZ have been a bit naughty. On loading the main G8F, a warning comes up saying the content won't load in a DS before 4.9.4 - although G8F then loads anyway and works. Users may think that warning refers to G8F; it doesn't. What that warning is about is that in the supplied user facing G8F-loading .duf, DAZ have it call an ENCRYPTED script that ... loads the separate eyelashes. And DS won't load/run encrypted scripts from a higher version of DS. So the eyelashes don't load automatically. But you can just go to the G8F Anatomy folder and load the eyelashes (like the 3rd party fibremesh eyelashes for G3F sold here). At which point there's another ' won't load in this version' message - but the eyelashes load, conform and work just fine. THAT warning message is because the eyelash .duf ALSO calls an encrypted script to apply a swanky Iray shader, and that isn't run in a lower version DS. But as i said, the eyelashes load and work - with a default material with transparency maps and all, and of course you can then apply any other G3F eyelash material, or 'ignore maps' with another material and keep the new maps. Load G8F, ignoring the warning (which is about the eyelash loading script) and save as a character and you'll have a base G8F that loads without warning messages. Same if you load then save the eyelashes as a wearable - new eyelashes in the library to load without meaningless warning. And of course you can load G8F, load the eyelashes so they fit to, then save G8F with eyelashes to use each time. No actual usability lost at all.

Now: there is no reason for those to be encrypted scripts - other than to have them trigger the 'won't work except in latest DS' messages to, from DAZ's point of view, make users THINK they can't use G8F in earlier DS 4.9 or 4.8 to hopefully make those of us who haven't, and in many cases have reasons why they won't upgrade to the latest 4.9 change our minds. Basically it is a cheat, misinformation. I can even see why DAZ might do it and want to give the impression G8F doesn't work in earlier DS 4.9s and 4.8. Newbies might be confused having to use a different Transfer Utility workflow, not understand about different Iray versions and materials etc, meaning more work for DAZ customer support. But it's still not literally true. You CAN use G8F in earlier DS 4.9s and 4.8.

So the bottom line is, provided you understand you need to use material settings for your earlier Iray or any 3Delight materials, and how to do that, and can learn not to use Autofit but a particular workflow in Transfer utility, G8F works fine in DS 4.8 and earlier 4.9s.

As I won't upgrade from 4.8 until/unless DAZ meets a certain condition in future DS versions they've shown no signs of being prepared to give in on (officially - they appear to have pretty much given in in practice, but this is a matter of principle for me) it's just as well; if G8F really didn't work in DS 4.8 I wouldn't use it, so wouldn't buy any products for it from those of you who are PAs/merchants who will create stuff for it. But it does, so i will - provided your product meet 3 conditions: (1) it's something I otherwise want; (2) it's not encrypted content; and (3) if your product is anything with materials (props, environments, vehicles, hair, clothes, weapons, a character etc) you provide at least basic 3Delight materials that apply all the maps, not just Iray ones (I don't like Iray renders, use 3Delight, and if you can't be bothered supplying at least basic 3Delight materials that load all the maps into the standard 3Delight shader channels, I can't be bothered giving you money, basically).

atpo ( ) posted Mon, 19 June 2017 at 8:25 PM

Thanks guys.I've seen G8 in my product library on DAZ. g8.jpg

RHaseltine ( ) posted Tue, 20 June 2017 at 9:58 AM

The scripts also, I think, hook up the eyelash morphs so they can be controlled from the figure. The Transfer Utility/AutoFit updates are certainly needed to cope with the new figure - see the entries in the change log on enabling the use of poses with the clones.

As with converting to another binding to get Genesis 3 to work in Poser, the result may be good enough for some users but it isn't the full feature set - that really does require a recent version of DS.

ghosty12 ( ) posted Tue, 20 June 2017 at 12:39 PM

About the most impressive part of G8 is as has been said in this thread, is the all new Powerpose under G8 when you select the head you get a more comprehensive face pose setup it actually makes, making facial expressions so much better.. You can even morph the face to weird levels..

RitaCeleste ( ) posted Tue, 20 June 2017 at 5:37 PM

I have a mild form of autism. I can understand micro-expressions okay, but not those big (fake) Macro-expressions. All I see is some actor screwing up their face. What do I think the actor is feeling? I see it but I don't have a clue what the actor is pretending to feel. I know my characters aren't that expressive usually. I was mad when I did "Come To Mama" and that's the most expression I have ever used. I like the android look, dead dolly eyes and all. Sticking with G3F.

atpo ( ) posted Tue, 20 June 2017 at 6:39 PM

But G8F is more like G3F .Why she called G8F but not G4F,G5F,etc? Maybe DAZ has hated figure4,5,6,7 . It is a very high jumping.Just like that we have been coming into future. And G8F is a bit like Stephanie6. g8fb.jpg

Rae_Designs ( ) posted Tue, 20 June 2017 at 6:43 PM

bhoins posted at 6:42PM Tue, 20 June 2017 - #4307602

Didn't I get V8 about a year ago?

It is in my account. :) Wouldn't that make this a little late? :)

https://www.daz3d.com/v8

That's for a V8 Motor/Engine not for the actual girl :)

RHaseltine ( ) posted Wed, 21 June 2017 at 9:56 AM

Switching to Gensis 8, instead of Genesis 4, was to align the base (Genesis 8) with the iconic figure (Victoria 8 and so on). It should reduce confusion in the long run,

AetherDream ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2017 at 6:51 PM

I had only recently finally decided to give G3 a try and I did like her, but I do think these upgrades come a little too fast. Also, the morph system comes in too many pieces in the form of specialized character sets. It is all very beautiful, but so very expensive when you start to add it all up.

"People who attempt define what art is or is not, are not artists"---Luminescence

IceDragonArt ( ) posted Fri, 18 August 2017 at 6:26 PM

So, I have discovered that most of the make up for G8F does NOT show in the preview pane. I find this to be a huge step in the wrong direction. I will not be purchasing any more characters that use this type of thing. I am sure it was a decision on Daz's part but quite frankly, I can go through 10 or 15 or more make up changes before I make up my mind, I don't have time to spot render and using the preview window slows things down far too much. I had found a couple character here that did not use this method and I as very happy because ,well, I could see what I was doing. Bought a character today who is gorgeous, has stunning make up but...I can't see it unless I render her. While I won't return her, its not fair to the vendor, I won't be buying any more. I just can't work with a character that I can't see the details of and I usually buy characters in large part because I like the make up. Not

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.