Mon, Sep 9, 3:53 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 12:17 am)

Subject: G3F Characters Look like Base G3F

flibbits ( ) posted Tue, 13 June 2017 at 4:28 PM ยท edited Sun, 08 September 2024 at 12:22 AM

This happens with some characters but not others. Whether I load the character directly, or apply the head and body to a G3F, the character sill looks like base G3F. Loading the head and body do nothing, or the loaded character looks like base G3F.

I've tried reinstalling everything, but there's no change.

This is happening with both characters that require head and body morphs (both installed) and with characters that are custom morphs.

Some characters work, some don't. Some half work, changing height and head but not body.

Anyone else run into this problem?

donnena ( ) posted Tue, 13 June 2017 at 8:16 PM

Nope. I have a lass who can't get a morph to take with Poser, but I've never seen this with DS.

Can you give me the names of the items causing issues, Please?

;>

Andy!

FlagonsWorkshop ( ) posted Wed, 14 June 2017 at 1:02 PM

Check the shaping tab to see what morphs are active. That will tell you if the character actually loaded.

flibbits ( ) posted Wed, 14 June 2017 at 2:55 PM ยท edited Wed, 14 June 2017 at 3:03 PM

When the problem occurs, the shape is applied. Changing it makes only a tiny difference. The figure changes, but it doesn't look like the character is supposed to look. It's like the morph/slider is only working about 1% even when slid all the way to 100%.

FlagonsWorkshop ( ) posted Wed, 14 June 2017 at 5:18 PM

Do you have all the required morph packages? Those characters sometimes only work correctly if you have the right base figure.

flibbits ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2017 at 12:28 AM

These are all figures that are for G3F and Victoria 7. I have both, and I have the head and body morphs for G3F.

SabaTaru ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2017 at 2:27 PM

You could try clearing the DSON cache within DS, closing DS, rebooting your computer, and trying again. That sometimes fixes this problem.

bhoins ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2017 at 7:47 PM

The morphs are, probably, not installed correctly. Did you use DIM or did you use Connect?

flibbits ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2017 at 12:12 AM

I manually install.

Clearing the DSON cache looks like it did the trick.

hdavidf ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2017 at 8:43 AM

I also see that when I use multiple directory, for some character it must be in the folder "my library" and not in another place mapped to the database.

Synced ( ) posted Sun, 18 June 2017 at 1:47 PM

I'm having trouble with this as well. I downloaded the head and body morph packages using the DAZ downloader. I load G3 female, then I load a character I bought off Renderosity by loading the Evany Body INJ and nothing changes. What steps am I missing?

hdavidf ( ) posted Mon, 19 June 2017 at 1:37 AM

Be sure that you have the real path followed. then check the requirement some works badly on DAZ 4.9 and works better in 4.8. Try to add it manually by opening the archive. Also have a look in the readme.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.