Mon, Oct 21, 10:38 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 3:26 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Carrara and Genesis

Xatren ( ) posted Tue, 27 June 2017 at 3:14 AM · edited Sun, 08 September 2024 at 9:44 AM

Hello Carrara people! I've been away for a long time, and I am wondering about compatibility of Genesis and other DAZ models with Carrara.

What is the earliest version of Carrara that Genesis works in? What about Genesis 2? Does Carrara support geograft items or no? All earlier poser format content from DAZ should work in Carrara, right? Also, how is Carrara's GoZ support?

I've heard that 8.5 broke a lot of stuff. Is that true? What did it break?

Also, what is the state of dynamic hair and liquid in Carrara?

Thanks a bunch for any help you can offer, guys.

wheatpenny ( ) posted Tue, 27 June 2017 at 8:06 PM
Site Admin

I don't know which is the earliest version that supports Genesis. All my experience with Carrara has been with version 8.5 Pro, which can load Genesis 1 and 2, but not 3 or the new genesis 8.

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

Xatren ( ) posted Wed, 28 June 2017 at 3:26 AM

Thanks for the response wheatpenny. It's helpful.

Have you found anything broken in 8.5? Some forum posts I read here say stuff is broken that wasn't broken in version 8, but don't give specifics.

wheatpenny ( ) posted Wed, 28 June 2017 at 7:47 AM
Site Admin

I started with 8.5, so I don't know anything about the differences between 8 and 8.5, or what is broken and what is not.

I should add that 8.5 cannot auto-detect runtimes from Daz Studio 4.9 (but it can from earlier versions).

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

tsarist ( ) posted Wed, 28 June 2017 at 11:22 AM

Stan is the expert on what works and and what is broken. Search for some of his posts because he gave us detailed info into the topic. (sorry I am not able to search it out for you).busy.

Steve K. ( ) posted Wed, 28 June 2017 at 7:29 PM

I upgraded from 8 to 8.5 years ago and don't recall any problems. As you probably know, the comprehensive manual is still V.7.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Sat, 19 August 2017 at 12:40 PM

iirc the latest update gave carrara support for the postogre cms database. the original database was valentina

it did break something, might have been the align with the plane?

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.