Sat, Sep 28, 6:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Annoying blank spaces in galleries

auntietk ( ) posted Tue, 15 August 2017 at 12:48 AM · edited Sun, 01 September 2024 at 4:34 AM

Back at the end of June, there was a day when we couldn't post anything properly. The issue got fixed, but the images that didn't post, that we had to delete in the end, are still holding spaces on our gallery pages. I tried six different times to post that day, so I now have six blank spaces in my gallery. I believe this is a site-wide problem. When someone deletes an image for whatever reason, that images still holds an empty place in the gallery.

Any chance of this getting fixed?

Tara

"If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough."  ...  Robert Capa

ashleyb ( ) posted Tue, 15 August 2017 at 9:37 AM

Thanks for your feedback! Issue will be looked into.

Ashley,

Community Leader, Renderosity

auntietk ( ) posted Tue, 15 August 2017 at 3:19 PM
  • sigh *

Okay.

After more than 10 years here, I know what that means.

Thanks anyway.

"If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough."  ...  Robert Capa

ashleyb ( ) posted Wed, 16 August 2017 at 9:45 AM · edited Wed, 16 August 2017 at 9:45 AM

Good Morning,

I looked into. If you go to your gallery and click edit then delete it should remove it. If that doesn't work try and edit your images and resize them to Width: 300px, Height: (Minimum - 200px, Maximum - 500px) If that doesn't work send me a sitemail. Sorry for your inconveniences.

Ashley,

Community Leader, Renderosity

auntietk ( ) posted Thu, 17 August 2017 at 7:29 PM

I have no freakin' idea what you're talking about, and I believe that makes us even.

I'm going to do my best to explain this.

Go look at my gallery. Check ... oh ... page 8. Check page 4. Page 3. There are 24 images on every page. Every single page has 24 images.

Now look at page 2. Today there are 23 images on that page. Look at page 1. Today there are 19 images. I'm telling you what's visible today, because if I post another image between now and when you see this, the counts on pages 1 and 2 will have changed.

The reason there are blank spaces in my gallery is because I had to delete images that didn't post properly. This is not only a problem in my gallery. Many people have deleted images for whatever reason, and when they do, the number of images on the page where the deletion occurred is less than 24.

If this doesn't make sense to you, please show my pages to someone there until you find a person who immediately says, "Oh, I see the problem!"

Please respond to me in the forum. If you send me a site mail, I'll just post it here anyway. Dealing with issues via site mail excludes other members who are having the same issue and may want to know how this turns out.

Thanks for responding, in any event, and not just letting this drop into a black hole.

Tara

Wolfenshire ( ) posted Thu, 17 August 2017 at 8:27 PM · edited Thu, 17 August 2017 at 8:29 PM
Site Admin

I get what your saying, Tara; just about anyone that has ever deleted an image has the problem. The problem grows exponentially the more images you delete. I often post my manuscripts as I write them, and then later if published, I'll have to remove all the chapters per publication restrictions. It especially becomes a problem if you delete all the images from the first page of your gallery; you can lose the ability to even get to the rest of your gallery. Resizing your images, or thumbs, doesn't help either. And then auto generated thumbs really tosses a loop in the mix. There is something fundamentally wrong with the way the galleries work. And, of course, there is no way to edit an empty space. I'm glad you brought this up, it's annoyed me for a long time. I hope we can find a solution.

Wolfenshire, Moderator/Community Leader

auntietk ( ) posted Thu, 17 August 2017 at 11:07 PM

Holy poo! I hadn't thought of all the stuff you've had to delete. I bet your gallery looks like swiss cheese!

Thanks for putting a word in for this, Wolf. :)

auntietk ( ) posted Sun, 10 September 2017 at 11:47 PM

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/?thread_id=2916570

Here is a link to another thread describing the same problem. I will link this thread to that one as well.

Richardphotos ( ) posted Thu, 21 September 2017 at 9:17 PM

I think all of it has to do with facebook being at fault. the galleries are slow to open and some never do open. Renderosity managed the web site far better

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Fri, 22 September 2017 at 5:34 AM

Richardphotos posted at 11:33AM Fri, 22 September 2017 - #4314616

I think all of it has to do with facebook being at fault. the galleries are slow to open and some never do open. Renderosity managed the web site far better

Erm Facebook don't run the site.... Yet (there's just annoying link buttons....)

Richardphotos ( ) posted Fri, 22 September 2017 at 11:52 AM

I read in the forum that facebook doings was causing slow speeds on the renderosity site

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Fri, 22 September 2017 at 2:01 PM

That would be the buttons... Maybe... I blocked em

Richardphotos ( ) posted Fri, 22 September 2017 at 10:21 PM

during the uploading process tonight, the vendor credits list did not want to function. I recently had the same issue

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.