Wed, Sep 18, 1:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Project Evolution for Poser

erogenesis ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2018 at 2:11 PM · edited Mon, 08 January 2018 at 2:12 PM

Ah so the tears come from the handles interfering with the autogrouping as we discovered during beta... which surprised me that Poser let that happen since I deliberately omitted the geometry of the handles in the mannequins to avoid this. Pointless thus.

However there is a fairly simple workaround. You basically fool poser into using simpler autogrouping from a previous session. It sounds annoying but its not that hard.

You actually just rig it twice: once without the handles (just select the essential bones like chest, abdomen, hip etc, and NOT the handles. With the dress, you even ignore the legs), don't transfer the morphs and do autogroup. The first session just autogroups the mesh for you, don't bother with joint zones and morphs therefore. The second time round you use the result from the first session and rig it again to the mannequin, but this time round don't autogroup (because that was already done) but transfer the morphs, any bone / handle you like, and of course the joint zones / weight maps. This is also described in the manual.

Anyhoo I hope Smith Micro are watching because this can be fixed to work better imo. Same goes for this whole process. I'm sure many things here can be sped up eh?

@digitell: oops @ the manual saying to conform it. Indeed not even needed. Will change that.

"The fool is not the one that does something foolish, but the one that does nothing at all."

Digitell ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2018 at 2:18 PM

Thanks Ero! I did see the "running thru the fitting room twice" on the manual, will give that a try next go around. I have been converting cloths all day! Really getting the knack at it!

👍 on updating the manual!

Thank you for all you do for us Ero! Hope you are feeling better!

estherau ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2018 at 3:56 PM

I think when converting and you use that V4 shape pose, then you should check the keep deformations box in the fitting room or you lose the stuff you have just been to all the trouble to do.

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

gishzida ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2018 at 7:40 PM

Okay based on both what Ero and you [Digitell] showed me I started over...

01- FitRoom Settings.jpg

I tried to "follow instructions"

02- FitRoom Settings Results.jpg

But obviously it didnt work. The arms were not in a position to be fitted... so I injected the V4 PE morph into the dress... then used the "V4 Rough fit PE" pose in an attempt to get the dress to move the arms of the dress over the arms of the mannequin.

I returned to the fitting room and made slightly different settings to set up: I did not zero the dress

04- FitRoom Settings.jpg

The results of doing that were immediate to see:

05- FitRoom Settings Results.jpg

So I ran the fitting:

06- After Fitting.jpg

As you can see the dress fits the way it should so I created a figure and gave it a name

07- Naming New Figure.jpg

[To Be Continued]

gishzida ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2018 at 7:44 PM

I then added the morphs: 08- AddingMorphs.jpg

and when I was done all was good: 09- Final Result.jpg

All of the movement morphs work and there are no tears in the mesh of the skirt...

I'm not sure if this is the "right way" but at least in this instance it seems to work [No I did not have a PE model in the scene I just used the dress Mannequin]

Thanks for the help!

Digitell ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2018 at 8:43 PM

Glad you got it figured out! Very cool!

Also, dont forget to check those boxes under Properties>When Conforming. This helps a lot!

image.png

gishzida ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2018 at 9:02 PM

digitell posted at 8:57PM Mon, 08 January 2018 - #4321908

Glad you got it figured out! Very cool!

Also, dont forget to check those boxes under Properties>When Conforming. This helps a lot!

I saw that and yes I did check them off... I have been using the scaling / morph feature for years-- none of my ol' Daz v4 characters are ever scaled at 100%...

Thanks again for the help!

Digitell ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2018 at 9:04 PM

You are very welcome!! We all try to help each other along! Have fun!! 👍

Kalypso ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2018 at 9:42 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

I have been converting clothes with the mannequin conformed to PE this whole time and my conversions have been successful. Ero, in your instructions you tell us to conform the mannequin to PE so now I'm confused. :)

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2018 at 10:20 PM

Actually, PE does not need to be on the scene at all until you're finished converting the clothing. The mannequin does all the work. I'm glad all this is working out. I reran V4 Space Suit with the modified instructions and the final result came out as expected. Rendering right now in Superfly; should have an image posted shortly.

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2018 at 10:26 PM

Here is PE in a converted V4 Space Suit rendered under an EZDome environment in Superfly.

PE_Spacesuit.png

Kalypso ( ) posted Tue, 09 January 2018 at 12:31 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

Well I just tried it without conforming the mannequin to PE and that also works! The sandals are SAV's from the Electra outfit but the dress is a very old V1/2 dress for which I found I could easily approximate PE's shape just with scaling and the morph brush before taking it to the fitting room.

Grecian sandal.jpg

Digitell ( ) posted Tue, 09 January 2018 at 5:04 PM

That looks beautiful Kalypso! What you are doing works perfect..I guess we all just have to keep at it until we find a way that works best! I was having issues with the mannequin and PE blowing up when I conformed the mannequin to PE..now I use V4 and the mannequin and do not conform the mannequin to V4 and it works perfect for me. Love how PE looks and works!

RorrKonn ( ) posted Wed, 10 January 2018 at 12:57 AM

Could always use dynamics ? maybe ...

============================================================ 

The Artist that will fight for decades to conquer their media.
Even if you never know their name ,your know their Art.
Dark Sphere Mage Vengeance

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 10 January 2018 at 11:19 AM

I think she'll serve admirably on the Enterprise. Converted V4 Courageous Tunic to dynamic clothing in the Fitting Room, then ran a 30 frame fit pose, with a 5 frame drape, for a better overall fit. Quite pleased with the results.

PE_TOS_ST.jpg

RorrKonn ( ) posted Wed, 10 January 2018 at 1:33 PM

Looks Good :)

Scharmers ( ) posted Wed, 10 January 2018 at 2:45 PM

Uncle Ero is god. Every penny I've spent on his stuff has been worth it a hundred-fold. PE looks to be no exception. I expect my "other" Poser work will be postponed for a long while I come to grips with PE.

freyfaxi62 ( ) posted Thu, 11 January 2018 at 1:52 PM

I love PE..still figuring out stuff like fitting V4 stuff to her..but I'll get there eventually with the help of posts like the above. :) I have one (only one ??) question ..as PE evolves..will the upgrades to her functionality ( eg..her morph dials and rigs) be free updates or will we have to pay more for her ? I'm not referring to custom morphs and texures from 3rd parties..just the base model.

gishzida ( ) posted Sat, 13 January 2018 at 3:02 AM · edited Sat, 13 January 2018 at 3:03 AM

freyfaxi62 posted at 2:53AM Sat, 13 January 2018 - #4322087

I love PE..still figuring out stuff like fitting V4 stuff to her..but I'll get there eventually with the help of posts like the above. :) I have one (only one ??) question ..as PE evolves..will the upgrades to her functionality ( eg..her morph dials and rigs) be free updates or will we have to pay more for her ? I'm not referring to custom morphs and texures from 3rd parties..just the base model.

I think fixes will be free... I've already received an update of the Clothing Mannequins package... not sure about new "versions" which add functionality that does is not currently in the PE model. I'm pretty sure Ero isn't going to go "hog wild" on adding stuff when Poser 11 is barely keeping up with what he has accomplished [This is after all mesh-Four-dot-something-or-other because P11 couldn't do Mesh 5]. When Poser catches up, I'm sure he'll start work on a new version in his spare time... [which is to say he isn't working on comics or having a real life]

takezo3001 ( ) posted Sun, 04 February 2018 at 3:27 PM

Holy crap, I just might have to dust off poser once this hits as poser's characters suck in comparison; (including the ancient V4) and that was one of the major reasons why I never use poser as much anymore! I wonder if this will also be usable in Daz studio, as this would be an excellent competitor for Genesis/V 8, this is just what SM/Daz needs to up their game...Which is fine as you're still light years ahead, and I've already bought this, you just don't know it yet! ?

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Mon, 05 February 2018 at 12:31 PM · edited Mon, 05 February 2018 at 12:32 PM

No sorry, she is Poser only. But! as long as you don't do animations, bake your PE scene as an obj static, that you export to DS. You will still need to make DS Iray skin shaders for her.

takezo3001 posted at 7:25PM Mon, 05 February 2018 - #4323775

Holy crap, I just might have to dust off poser once this hits as poser's characters suck in comparison; (including the ancient V4) and that was one of the major reasons why I never use poser as much anymore! I wonder if this will also be usable in Daz studio, as this would be an excellent competitor for Genesis/V 8, this is just what SM/Daz needs to up their game...Which is fine as you're still light years ahead, and I've already bought this, you just don't know it yet! ?

mfdoff ( ) posted Tue, 06 February 2018 at 1:08 PM

I truly miss the interface of poser and have for many years, the easy of lighting, posing, etc... When I saw the introduction of Evolution Demo and a few renders of the possibilities I had a ray of hope once it was in the hands of gifted artist to refine, since that time however I see nothing but old V4 clothing and props refitted for a model that is still decades behind Victoria 8 and maybe time would be best spent on getting V8 imported into Poser along with her clothing, poses, etc... than to try and play catch up on the model. Poser is ahead on the interface, get it to work with the content and the artist will return then we'll have the best models after we get the artist.

Jules53757 ( ) posted Thu, 08 February 2018 at 8:16 AM

For These interested in some Bodymorhs for PE, I added some here into the freestuff area. https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/ullis-bodymorphs-for-project-evolution-pe/78679

Ulli

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

RobZhena ( ) posted Thu, 08 February 2018 at 9:16 AM

Jules53757 posted at 10:16AM Thu, 08 February 2018 - #4324024

For These interested in some Bodymorhs for PE, I added some here into the freestuff area. https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/ullis-bodymorphs-for-project-evolution-pe/78679

Thank you!

jartz ( ) posted Thu, 08 February 2018 at 10:43 PM

Jules53757 posted at 10:43PM Thu, 08 February 2018 - #4324024

Excellent. Thanks!!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus N50-600 - Intel Core i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz · Windows 10 Home/11 upgrade 64-bit · 16GB DDR4 RAM · 1TB SSD and 1TB HDD; Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 - 6GB GDDR5 VRAM; Software: Poser Pro 11x

takezo3001 ( ) posted Fri, 09 February 2018 at 3:27 PM · edited Fri, 09 February 2018 at 3:28 PM

-Timberwolf- posted at 3:16PM Fri, 09 February 2018 - #4323825

No sorry, she is Poser only. But! as long as you don't do animations, bake your PE scene as an obj static, that you export to DS. You will still need to make DS Iray skin shaders for her.

Thanks for the info, as I said it will make poser viable for me again...Unfortunately, while the node-room is a joy to work within, its texture management is not really C&P friendly as you can't even use a scroll-bar like every windows program ever! But I will be able to put up with it for this character!

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Sun, 11 February 2018 at 11:10 AM

thanks :-) I like (your) custom body morphs. It's good to add some variety. I hope, we're not going into that pre-dialed morph set trap again, as we did on V4. Jules53757 posted at 6:06PM Sun, 11 February 2018 - #4324024

calmday ( ) posted Sun, 11 February 2018 at 3:23 PM · edited Sun, 11 February 2018 at 3:26 PM

mfdoff posted at 3:19PM Sun, 11 February 2018 - #4323915

........., since that time however I see nothing but old V4 clothing and props refitted for a model that is still decades behind Victoria 8 and maybe time would be best spent on getting V8 imported into Poser along with her clothing, poses, etc... than to try and play catch up on the model. Poser is ahead on the interface, get it to work with the content and the artist will return then we'll have the best models after we get the artist.

you seem a lot more experienced than I. Not to create dissension, but I'm just confused. Is it the actual model construction, or just the look of it, you think are decades behind? Are there any Proj E models that are beautiful, gorgeous, or pretty? The products I see in the store, mostly look like girl next door types at best: frumpy, large waists. large bodied.....

CHK2033 ( ) posted Mon, 12 February 2018 at 12:10 PM

-Timberwolf- posted at 12:07PM Mon, 12 February 2018 - #4323825

I got her in (demo version ) fully pose and morph ready in around 5-10 minutes.and Iray shader ready in 2 or less minutes (not really cause its that easy but because im just quick like that. lol) ,did a nice pose of her and it renders real nice in Iray from what i seen (but i cancelled the render just wanted to see if I could do it or not, curiosity testing i guess after reading your comment.) but then again I dont think im the average user either. I'm also pretty sure if he wanted her in there he would have released her compatible to both himself so out of respect for creator I will leave that or rather the info on that alone,maybe he does it himself down the line sometime.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

HP Zbook 17 G6,  intel Xeon  64 GB of ram 1 TB SSD, Quadro RTX 5000 

RobZhena ( ) posted Tue, 13 February 2018 at 6:05 PM

TheDarkerSideOfArt posted at 7:03PM Tue, 13 February 2018 - #4324256

-Timberwolf- posted at 12:07PM Mon, 12 February 2018 - #4323825

I got her in (demo version ) fully pose and morph ready in around 5-10 minutes.and Iray shader ready in 2 or less minutes (not really cause its that easy but because im just quick like that. lol) ,did a nice pose of her and it renders real nice in Iray from what i seen (but i cancelled the render just wanted to see if I could do it or not, curiosity testing i guess after reading your comment.) but then again I dont think im the average user either. I'm also pretty sure if he wanted her in there he would have released her compatible to both himself so out of respect for creator I will leave that or rather the info on that alone,maybe he does it himself down the line sometime.

Heck! Let people know! I talk about hacking DAZ-only stuff for use in Poser all the time. More sales of PE would be good.

RorrKonn ( ) posted Tue, 13 February 2018 at 6:10 PM

What is the full version PE's polycount ? I looked in Poser pro 14 and the subD's where zero. so PE's demo polycount is around 75936 ? What is the full version PE's polycount ?

CHK2033 ( ) posted Tue, 13 February 2018 at 6:56 PM · edited Tue, 13 February 2018 at 6:59 PM

Sorry man I look at it like this He worked a very very long time (years) on bringing this character to life as a Poser exclusive figure, And yeah I know people have posted many times how to get certain things from one program into another which wasn't made to work in the other program. But I'm just not one of those people..sorry, like i said if he feels down the line that is what he wants to do..then I'm pretty sure he will do that himself its his figure.

HP Zbook 17 G6,  intel Xeon  64 GB of ram 1 TB SSD, Quadro RTX 5000 

RorrKonn ( ) posted Wed, 14 February 2018 at 3:24 AM

wait poser figures work in DAZ don't they ?

not to derail my own question

What is the full version PE's polycount ? I looked in Poser pro 14 and the subD's where zero. so PE's demo polycount is around 75936 ? What is the full version PE's polycount ?

Jules53757 ( ) posted Wed, 14 February 2018 at 3:41 AM

The mesh is the same for Base and Demo so the Polycount is the same.

Ulli

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

RorrKonn ( ) posted Wed, 14 February 2018 at 3:46 AM

Jules53757 posted at 4:46AM Wed, 14 February 2018 - #4324328

The mesh is the same for Base and Demo so the Polycount is the same.

ouch

Thanks for the info

DarthJ ( ) posted Fri, 16 February 2018 at 3:42 PM

Cheap stuuufff here (or something like that) :

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/?thread_id=2817948&page_number=17#msg4324511

DarthJ ( ) posted Sun, 18 February 2018 at 12:47 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

And if nobody understood that : there is a freebie waiting at the end, some poses for Evolution Basic figure. An example, Never Safe For Work.

EVO POSE PHONING S.jpg

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.