Sun, Oct 6, 8:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / New Poser Users Help

Welcome to the New Poser Users Help Forum

Forum Moderators: Anim8dtoon, RedPhantom, Staff

New Poser Users Help F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 7:51 am)

New to Poser? Ask questions here for expert help!

Subject: HELP I CAN'T IMPORT ITEMS INTO POSER

sisokels ( ) posted Tue, 23 January 2018 at 2:13 PM · edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 12:58 PM

Hello, I tried Moho about 2 months ago, fell in love with it and went on to buy Poser 11.1 pro last month with over seven hours of Steve Harms Tutorials. I have an issue that the support ticket has not solved- How do I import items to my work, I paid for some poser items from content paradise. I downloaded these items to a folder on my Desktop, but when I click on File/Import/Poser Doc or Prop, and attempt to import poser items I can't import 3D Object files or CR2 files, OBp files, you name it, even the poser content .mc6 files do not get imported. What could be wrong please? How do i import my items into poser!

donnena ( ) posted Tue, 23 January 2018 at 5:32 PM

Unzip the poser items into the Poser 11 Runtime you created when you installed Poser11.
When you open Poser, again, they will be in your Library.

;>

Andy!

sisokels ( ) posted Tue, 23 January 2018 at 6:08 PM

Okay thanks, Items are currently being downloaded, I used the menu/File/install from zip archive command

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 24 January 2018 at 9:06 AM

I wouldn't recommend using the install from zip feature. There may be instances that the content zip file does not adhere to hierarchy format protocols and may not install properly within Poser. Best bet, open the zip file and check that the actual primary folder starts at runtime. If it isn't, then it is nested somewhere within the hierarchy which can cause major problems and headaches in the Poser Library.

sisokels ( ) posted Wed, 24 January 2018 at 9:49 AM

Hmmm, this is a bit confusing for me Hborre, can you break it down in clear steps pls?

Miss B ( ) posted Wed, 24 January 2018 at 11:19 AM

I never unzip directly into my Runtime. I always unzip to a temp folder on my desktop, and then move items from the temp folder to the proper folder in my Poser Runtime. Takes a little longer, but is sooooo much safer.

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 24 January 2018 at 4:41 PM

Normally, with bought stuff, it's safe enough to simply unzip to the location where Poser keeps its Runtime folder. Where that is, depends a little on what you ticked off when you installed Poser. This time, mine ended up in users-shared files-shared documents, even though I was pretty sure I told Poser NOT to do so. Oh well, I found it and that's where I unzip new files into. Just check the folder with the Runtime. If suddenly there's a new folder, say you bought something called ... I dunno .. Steve's House. And there's a folder THERE, the same place as the runtime, called Steve's House .. then you know it wasn't made in compliance with for instance R'osity's policy for Proper Poser Paths. And then you'll have to move whatever is in Steve's House into your Runtime. But in 99% of the times, you're good by unzipping it to the (in my case) Shared Documents folder.

With all that said, it's always a good idea to peek inside the zip first. There might be a ReadMe specifying special places to install something.

And Miss B's way of doing it is certainly the safest way. I'm just generally lazy - and eager to see my latest acquisition ;) - if I can find it 😆

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

sisokels ( ) posted Wed, 24 January 2018 at 6:48 PM

At Miss B, when you unzip to a temporary folder on desktop, how do you finally import it to Poser... That is the question I have been asking. I need specific steps please how to import all the files manually.

Miss B ( ) posted Thu, 25 January 2018 at 12:34 AM · edited Thu, 25 January 2018 at 12:39 AM

I'm on a Windows 7 Pro laptop, so don't know exactly how you would do this with a Mac or Linux setup, but what I do is open my Runtime folder from PoserPro11, and then open the temporary folder next to it, and then I go folder by folder, and move the contents from the temporary folder to the corresponding folder in my PP11 Runtime.

Here are a few screenshots I just created while installing one of Biscuits hair products which I hadn't already installed. If you don't have a corresponding folder for a vendor already in your PP11 Runtime, then just move the entire folder from your temporary folder to your Runtime. Otherwise, just move the contents of the folder/subfolders to the appropriate folder (see screenshots) for the product you're installing.

InstallingDocumentation.jpg

InstallingGeometries-1.jpg

InstallingGeometries-2.jpg

InstallingGeometries-3.jpg

InstallingLibraries-1.jpg

InstallingLibraries-2.jpg

InstallingTextures-1.jpg

InstallngTextures-2.jpg

InstallingTextures.jpg

I hope these help you get started.

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

sisokels ( ) posted Thu, 25 January 2018 at 6:44 AM

Thanks Miss B, would try these steps and send a feedback. Cheers

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.