Fri, Sep 20, 10:35 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: GRRR! HELP!

BladeWolf ( ) posted Mon, 15 October 2001 at 10:34 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 10:20 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_221452.jpg

Ok, I downloaded Newts Low Rise jeans from freestuff, went to pop them on a model, and this is what happens... any ideas?

vkwebcommander ( ) posted Mon, 15 October 2001 at 10:44 PM

Attached Link: http://www.geocities.com/posermagic

...but I would select the hip of the pants and adjust the Scale by 1 or 2% and see if that worked...or select the model's hip and adjust teh Scale down by 1 or 2%... Sometimes just changing/adjusting the pose fixes it also... Just my .02 cents worth :) Tammi

BladeWolf ( ) posted Mon, 15 October 2001 at 10:55 PM

tried dat... Its something with the .rsr file I'm thinking.

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 15 October 2001 at 11:17 PM

Looks to me like there's empty polys or something :(. Laurie

BladeWolf ( ) posted Mon, 15 October 2001 at 11:22 PM

Where's newt? Ima gonna throttle him :)

CryptoPooka ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2001 at 12:10 AM

When I get frustrated with clothing that just WONT fit ... I make the body part hidden beneath it invisible. Usually solves the problem entirely so long as the area is covered by clothing or the pose.

wgreenlee1 ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2001 at 12:27 AM

all the rsr is is a pic for the libaries,i dont think its got anything to do with the actual item

BladeWolf ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2001 at 1:18 AM

this isn't a garment that doesn't fit right, the problem is is that there are swatches of polygons that are just GONE. I mean I rendered an image that you could SEE through the crotch. Anyone have any ideas on how to get rid of this?

CryptoPooka ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2001 at 1:21 AM

Okay, now that's just plain bee-zaar, yep yep. I've got the jeans, too. I'll take a look and see what happens on this end.

aleks ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2001 at 1:30 AM

bladewolf, try deleting the .rsr in geometries folder. it gets corrupted sometimes. the poser will make a new one when you insert the figure next time.

gryffnn ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2001 at 6:42 AM

Looks like the model has some reversed normals, which makes them transparent, unless the material is double sided. Load it separately and peek inside, you might see some scattered textured polygons. (How do you tell girl chromosomes from boy chromosomes? Peek inside their genes.) I think you can fix them with Poser's grouping tool or UVMapper, but don't have access to my notes right now. By the way, a more discriptive subject line would be more likely to catch the attention of a knowledgeable/helpful person who is scanning through the messages.

BladeWolf ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2001 at 11:32 AM

Thanks guys... sorry bout the subject line... that was to keep me from swearing like a drunk sailor :) I'll try that Aleks, thanks.

wyrwulf ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2001 at 12:58 PM

BladeWolf, are you using the Pro Pack? I don't have it, but I remember when it first came out, that any item that had parts regrouped with the Poser grouping tool would do that in PPP. I don't remember the fix. You could search this forum for the messages.

wyrwulf ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2001 at 3:35 PM

I downloaded the pants, and I'm pretty sure I'm right. There are custom geometry groups in the Cr2, which causes your problem in PPP.

jstro ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2001 at 4:50 PM

I don't know how to fix it but I've seen enough posts here to agree with gryffnn - reversed normals. It is fixable if that is what it is. I suggest you change the Subject line to Help with reversed normals! You'll get a solution in no time. Good luck.

~jon
My Blog - Mad Utopia Writing in a new era.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.