Fri, Sep 27, 10:30 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 3:35 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: a raydream 5.5 render question

dgaff62765 ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2001 at 12:02 PM · edited Fri, 27 September 2024 at 10:24 AM

hello all my question may seem old hat but maybe that will make it easy to answer for most. i'm still working in RD5.5 . when i render the final image i have to kick up the dpi above the norm. it seems RD5 does'nt anti-alias as well as other 3d programs. anyone know why or if this natural for raydream. beyond this i love the program. i stayed away from Carrara because i heard the interface was odd (like poser3's or something) dgaff

AzChip ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2001 at 6:42 PM

In RDS they don't call it "anti-aliasing," but rather "adaptive oversampling." To set it, under render settings, select "best" in the little box called "adaptive oversampling." This reduces the jaggies, although it's not the best anti-aliasing I've seen. I still tend to render my images larger and reduce them in Photoshop (or AfterEffects for animations), but using the oversampling option is a good start. I'm still with RDS because Carrara had more bugs than the average bee-hive until Eovia fixed it. Now, I think, the only thing that's holding me back is fear. I think I'm about to make the jump, though.... Hope this helps. - Dex

willf ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2001 at 10:52 PM

It took me a long time to switch over to Carrara after RDS 5.5 (regardless of the bugs). I just felt more comfortable with RDS as I've used it since version 3. That being said, I havn't used RDS now for at least 8 months. The anti-aliasing is better in C but I still render oversize & reduce to final image size also.

fabien_nguyen ( ) posted Thu, 18 October 2001 at 4:19 PM

Attached Link: http://creafab.free.fr

A solution could be the increase of rays in the render settings. I also use the optimal anti-alias. CREAFab, la crtion numique autrement...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.