Thu, Sep 19, 8:08 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 6:38 pm)

Subject: Easier way to fit conforming clothes to heavily morphed figure?

DocMatter ( ) posted Tue, 07 June 2016 at 8:21 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 7:41 PM

I've got a V4 figure that is heavily morphed, but all the morphs come from the V4++ morph pack. When I want to conform clothes to her, I make sure I check all the boxes under the "When conforming..." area of the item, but only the morphs that are already in the clothes are activated when I conform them to her. I can fix this by painstakingly going through the "Copy morphs from..." drop down, but there are so many morphs, it takes a while. Is there an easier way to quickly transfer all the morphs that my figure is using to the clothing item? Thanks!

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 07 June 2016 at 8:48 PM · edited Tue, 07 June 2016 at 8:48 PM

Wardrobe Wizard? Built into Poser these days. It's worked for me in the past; ain't used it lately since all I tend to do is non-human stuff. You don't see too many Daleks in a corset and g-string. :D

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

DocMatter ( ) posted Tue, 07 June 2016 at 9:11 PM

I thought of that, but a) WW doesn't seem to be working for me (keep getting a "callback error", and b) I thought WW was for making clothes for V4 able to fit, say, Dawn. But I could be wrong. Either way, it's not working for me anyway. Harrumph!

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 07 June 2016 at 9:12 PM

It will do either, assuming it's working.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

icprncss2 ( ) posted Wed, 08 June 2016 at 6:07 AM

Which version of Poser are you using? Are you using the version of WW that goes with that version of Poser? Do you have the add on for V4 for WW? WW only comes with figure support for the figures that are part of each version of Poser's included content. If you have P11, that version of WW has support for all the included figures from Dork and Posette to Paul and Pauline. Figures like V4 require you to purchase an add on from Phil at PhilC.net.

WW has been able to add figure morphs to clothing long before Morphing Clothes and Poser's Fitting Room. I use it to adjust the fit of clothing to a heavily morphed base figure before adding the morphs to the clothing.

DocMatter ( ) posted Wed, 08 June 2016 at 9:13 AM

I guess that's it. I have Poser Pro 2014 and have never purchased the V4 add ons from Phil. Guess I'll give that a shot. Thanks!

icprncss2 ( ) posted Thu, 09 June 2016 at 6:49 AM

Be sure to read the documentation included with WW and on his site. Also check his WW forum. There is a lot of good information there as well. If you run into problems, either email him or site mail him here. So far, I've yet to encounter a problem that he hasn't come up with a solution.

DocMatter ( ) posted Thu, 09 June 2016 at 8:59 AM

I emailed Phil and he told me to read all the documentation in the Poser files (which I did), but I still can't see how WW can transfer the morphs from a heavily morphed V4 character into a clothing item already meant for V4 without going through and adding every used morph individually, which I can do (painstakingly) within Poser without WW. How do you do it?

bwldrd ( ) posted Thu, 09 June 2016 at 11:56 AM · edited Thu, 09 June 2016 at 11:58 AM

Another thing you could do would be to save out the object of your morphed v4, zero all the morphs and bring back in the morphed object you exported as a full body morph for v4, giving it a custom morph name. Then you'd only have 1 morph you'd need to copy over with the "copy morphs from" or WW. (which only recognizes full body morphs if I remember correctly).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Consider me insane if you wish, but is your reality any better?

3dcheapskate ( ) posted Fri, 10 June 2016 at 1:29 AM · edited Fri, 10 June 2016 at 1:34 AM

Try this (PP2014 - I think the option's only in the Pro versions, and a recent update at that?):

Select the figure you're trying to conform to, do Figure > Spawn Full Body Morph..., and give the morph a name starting with an exclamation mark (e.g. "!MyFBM"). A new morph will be added to the figure's set to zero. Don't touch it.

Load the clothing item and conform it, then do Figure > Copy Morphs From..., and select ONLY the FBM you just spawned (starting the name with an ! means it appears at the top of the list - that just makes it easy to find)

Dial the newly added "!MyFBM" morph on the BODY actor of the clothing to 1.0, and it should fit much better. Note: If the clothing has already picked up some super-conforming morphs from the figure you may have to dial those back to zero.

More details on the "Tips/Tricks/Tools for getting the best fit of clothes to the body - Suggestions and help with general ways of getting the best fit of clothing items to the bodies" thread over in CGbytes Poser forum, post #20 onwards - here's a link to post #21 of that thread http://www.cgbytes.com/community/forums.aspx?g=posts&t=115158&p=2#post125269

(N.B. The above link should be okay according this https://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/?thread_id=2901266&#msg4263735 - "Or like in your example a member may have gone through an ordeal and had it solved and should point their fellow member to what fixed it for them. I would put this on the scale of education/assistance/info the same would apply if the process was on YouTube etc." Having to justify an external link when I'm trying to help somebody is a total PITA ! )

The 3Dcheapskate* occasionally posts sensible stuff. Usually by accident.
And it usually uses Poser 11, with units set to inches. Except when it's using Poser 6 or PP2014, or when its units are set to PNU.

*also available in ShareCG, DAZ, and HiveWire3D flavours (the DeviantArt and CGBytes flavour have been discontinued).

DocMatter ( ) posted Fri, 10 June 2016 at 2:29 PM

I ended up doing pretty much what you just mentioned, 3dcheapskate, except I used WW to make the FBM (set to 1) and it set all the other dials back to zero. I then used the above method after that but didn't have to worry about any other morphs being picked up. Thanks for everyone's help!

estherau ( ) posted Sat, 11 June 2016 at 10:39 PM

poser 11 has a button to copy the morphs into the clothes, so as long as the clothes are designed for V4 in the first place, it only takes 5 seconds. Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

CHF73 ( ) posted Fri, 21 September 2018 at 9:31 AM

estherau posted at 9:31AM Fri, 21 September 2018 - #4272213

poser 11 has a button to copy the morphs into the clothes, so as long as the clothes are designed for V4 in the first place, it only takes 5 seconds. Love esther

What button would that be?

Nails60 ( ) posted Fri, 21 September 2018 at 10:44 AM

The basic method of copying morphs to clothes using ww is to load the morphed figure, then start ww and there is an analyse figure button (might be called analyse morphs, haven't used this for a while.)

Now you can convert clothing from v4 to v4 and include morphs.

Miss B ( ) posted Fri, 21 September 2018 at 10:45 AM · edited Fri, 21 September 2018 at 10:46 AM

It's actually a Poser Menu item --> Figure > Copy Morphs From...

Just be aware that it will copy ALL morphs from the character to the clothing, so if you only want specific morphs to be copied, you'll have to scroll down the dialog box that opens and deselect those you don't want to copy, or deselect the character, and then just select the few morphs you do want to copy.

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

FVerbaas ( ) posted Sat, 22 September 2018 at 6:05 AM · edited Sat, 22 September 2018 at 6:07 AM
Forum Coordinator

If you select a morph channel to be copied, Poser will automatically copy the dependent morph channels also and over-write any existing channels with the same name, unless you de-select them. This overwriting is not a problem of course as long as the over-writing information is the same as the original, but with the morph brush as powerful tool to edit morphs, chances are information is not the same. Maybe this is why functions are 'Pro' only. Functions may collide and users are expected to know what they are doing. Catching such incompatibilities would make both tools clumsy.

pgtyner ( ) posted Mon, 31 December 2018 at 10:50 AM

CHF73 posted at 11:49AM Mon, 31 December 2018 - #4336484

estherau posted at 9:31AM Fri, 21 September 2018 - #4272213

What button would that be?

Would this work the same way for Dusk and some of his more extreme morphs?

Nagra_00_ ( ) posted Mon, 31 December 2018 at 11:08 AM

You may try my free script available here at Redo.

Miss B ( ) posted Mon, 31 December 2018 at 1:18 PM

Thanks Nagra, going to download and check that out. 😉

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

FVerbaas ( ) posted Mon, 31 December 2018 at 2:36 PM
Forum Coordinator

Nagra_00_ posted at 9:34PM Mon, 31 December 2018 - #4342799

You may try my free script available here at Redo.

Very cunning script indeed. No time to test it now but it will be very helpful.

Many thanks!

tonyvilters ( ) posted Mon, 31 December 2018 at 7:07 PM · edited Mon, 31 December 2018 at 7:08 PM

The "easy way" is so simple that nobody mentioned it.

Load your heavy morphed figure.

Load and conform the clothing.

With the clothing selected, open the morph brush and create a new morph. Use the fit brush "with your morphed V4 set as goal and with a Poketrough margin of about 0.002", to paint over the conforming clothing. => The result is a perfect fitting clothing in a single morph. This works best in a neutral "T" pose to avoid issues later on when posing.

pgtyner ( ) posted Mon, 31 December 2018 at 9:30 PM

I will have to update my version of Poser because I am running number 9. Is there a similar script for Daz Studio?

mazzam ( ) posted Thu, 10 January 2019 at 9:25 PM

When you have bad poke through it is often because the figure is using morphs the wrong way. Look for negative morphs only a few are meant to be negative, breast size, nipple height, waist width, and hip size are the only ones that make sense when you think about it. So if you see thin at -.2 to make the figure bigger just set it to 0, etc. So you can avoid major grief by going to your V4 figure zero out the 'reverse action' negative morphs. If bad poke thru remains compare the figure morphs with the ones in the clothing and zero out the figure morphs that the clothing doesn't support. And if you reallly need them import them from the figure. Oh, and take the time to figure out how to use magnets. You can redesign the shape of clothing, bend skirts and do stuff that cause major pain with the morph brush.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.