Wed, Oct 2, 11:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: New rendo figure free? erm no. it's $3.50. false adverts anyone?

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Tue, 29 January 2019 at 10:24 AM · edited Wed, 02 October 2024 at 11:27 PM

yup 100% off. free right?

except

"Shopping Cart Items do not meet the Minimum Purchase Price of $3.50"

Soooooo not free. a bit of the old false advertising?

DreaminGirl ( ) posted Tue, 29 January 2019 at 10:42 AM

Just get the shoes. A girl needs shoes ;)

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Tue, 29 January 2019 at 10:44 AM

I just want the figure for scaling future projects. I don't actually render humans.. just rooms etc so clothes are not needed....

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 29 January 2019 at 10:48 AM

If there was a minimum purchase, Rendo should have release her thru the Freebie Section somehow. I realize it's probably only a limited time, but still. If it's free it shouldn't cost anyone even a pair of shoes. I never gave away anything that required a minimum purchase. Just sayin ;)

Laurie

SeanMartin ( ) posted Tue, 29 January 2019 at 10:57 AM

Guys, it may just be a site coding glitch. Those happen. Just let the marketplace people know and they'll fix it.

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider

RedPhantom ( ) posted Tue, 29 January 2019 at 10:58 AM
Site Admin

I'm in agreement here. If they want a minimum purchase, it should say free with purchase of $3.50 or more. Or they should eliminate the $3.50. It's not like anything else in the market is less than that.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

SeanMartin ( ) posted Tue, 29 January 2019 at 10:58 AM

And if that's the only thing in your cart, then yes, the cart software will bounce you. But not the end of the freaking world. Just let them know so they can fix it.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Tue, 29 January 2019 at 11:49 AM
Site Admin

SeanMartin posted at 11:48AM Tue, 29 January 2019 - #4344508

And if that's the only thing in your cart, then yes, the cart software will bounce you. But not the end of the freaking world. Just let them know so they can fix it.

And how do you go about doing this? I sent an email and they said there was nothing they could do.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Tue, 29 January 2019 at 11:52 AM

if there's nothing they can do, it's not free. put it at 3.50 and be done with it.

Sorry sean but I WAS letting them know. this thread. then you came in being high and mighty. nothings changed...

ghostman ( ) posted Tue, 29 January 2019 at 11:54 AM · edited Tue, 29 January 2019 at 11:55 AM

Guess no LaFemme for then if they force me to buy something else without even have the chance to test her and see if i want to work with her.

"Dream like you'll live forever. Live like you'll die tomorrow."

Join PoserLounge Chat

Wolfenshire ( ) posted Tue, 29 January 2019 at 12:10 PM · edited Tue, 29 January 2019 at 12:16 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

I just purchased La Femme for $0. There was no $3.50 error code or restriction in the shopping cart; the sale went through as listed, $0. I was unable to reproduce the error reported.

Please provide screen shots so the programmers can investigate.

Edit: The $3.50 error did not appear, however the product has not listed in my purchased products.

I will pass this error on to the programmers with my screen shots. I still need the screen shots of any other errors that have been detected.

Wolfenshire, Moderator/Community Leader

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Tue, 29 January 2019 at 12:17 PM

shopcart.jpg

there ya go. method Paypal. don't have a card so thats not an option.

Wolfenshire ( ) posted Tue, 29 January 2019 at 12:21 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

Help request submitted

SeanMartin ( ) posted Tue, 29 January 2019 at 12:22 PM

It's probably PayPal that's causing it. I would bet that if you were using a card, it would be fine.

Wolfenshire ( ) posted Tue, 29 January 2019 at 12:28 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

Sean, I thought of that also. I tried using my paypal card and it didn't work. It's a programming glitch like you said. The issue has been sent up to be worked.

FlagonsWorkshop ( ) posted Tue, 29 January 2019 at 1:27 PM

That might be a tricky bit of programming, though hopefully it will be one line of code that has to be changed from "if x < 3.50" to "if (x < $3.50 and x > 0)" ....

Torquinox ( ) posted Tue, 29 January 2019 at 2:22 PM

Preston says there's no fix for that. @4344527

Torquinox ( ) posted Tue, 29 January 2019 at 2:22 PM

Wolfenshire ( ) posted Tue, 29 January 2019 at 4:04 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

Yes, PrestonW says there isn't a way to over-ride the issue. Someone obviously didn't know there was a min. purchase req. I certainly never head of it. Something will be done to correct the problem. Either change the price, change the ad, get a programmer to remove the $3.50 min. or something. Anyway, thank you to everyone for identifying a problem with a product listing. They are aware now and we just wait to see how they want to deal with it.

Richardphotos ( ) posted Tue, 29 January 2019 at 4:32 PM

I had the same issue. for sure they will fix it soon

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 29 January 2019 at 4:43 PM

Admin says there isn't going to be a fix, so we are stuck with it.

Laurie

Richardphotos ( ) posted Tue, 29 January 2019 at 4:44 PM

I looked through two pages of prime and found only 2 products costing $3.50 and those are textures requiring another product

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Tue, 29 January 2019 at 4:57 PM

Wolfenshire posted at 10:56PM Tue, 29 January 2019 - #4344596

Yes, PrestonW says there isn't a way to over-ride the issue. Someone obviously didn't know there was a min. purchase req. I certainly never head of it. Something will be done to correct the problem. Either change the price, change the ad, get a programmer to remove the $3.50 min. or something. Anyway, thank you to everyone for identifying a problem with a product listing. They are aware now and we just wait to see how they want to deal with it.

Too late to stop the negative press on other sites tho.

Torquinox ( ) posted Tue, 29 January 2019 at 5:59 PM

@Richardphotos: There are plenty of $3.50 Prime items and you can filter further for most desirable results

Torquinox ( ) posted Tue, 29 January 2019 at 6:16 PM

It doesn't much matter to me, though.You can throw me out of the discussion for saying this, but that figure is not very attractive. Even for free, the more I look at it... No. Sorry. Good luck, enjoy, I'm going somewhere else now.

Richardphotos ( ) posted Tue, 29 January 2019 at 8:08 PM

there are many vendors working on designing products for her from what I seen is available already

ShadowDemonLord ( ) posted Tue, 29 January 2019 at 9:34 PM

It should be an easy fix - flag it as free not 0.00 like the items in the freebie section. Or create a download link that is only active for the duration it was to be flagged as free. Either workaround should resolve the issue. If they want more people to try Poser they need to fix this. Otherwise, a golden opportunity will be lost.

3dcheapskate ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2019 at 2:36 AM · edited Wed, 30 January 2019 at 2:46 AM

RedPhantom posted at 3:34PM Wed, 30 January 2019 - #4344514

SeanMartin posted at 11:48AM Tue, 29 January 2019 - #4344508

And how do you go about doing this? I sent an email and they said there was nothing they could do.

'Nothing they can do' ?

How about moving it to the FreeStuff section until the '$0.00' price expires ?

Didn't think so. Too obvious. Too simple. And that'd let the people who didn't want to actually buy something from Renderocity get hold of it.

(And yes, you can call me a grumpy old cynical git)

The 3Dcheapskate* occasionally posts sensible stuff. Usually by accident.
And it usually uses Poser 11, with units set to inches. Except when it's using Poser 6 or PP2014, or when its units are set to PNU.

*also available in ShareCG, DAZ, and HiveWire3D flavours (the DeviantArt and CGBytes flavour have been discontinued).

3dcheapskate ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2019 at 2:52 AM · edited Wed, 30 January 2019 at 3:02 AM

Wolfenshire posted at 3:48PM Wed, 30 January 2019 - #4344522

I just purchased La Femme for $0. There was no $3.50 error code or restriction in the shopping cart; the sale went through as listed, $0. I was unable to reproduce the error reported.

Please provide screen shots so the programmers can investigate.

Edit: The $3.50 error did not appear, however the product has not listed in my purchased products.

I will pass this error on to the programmers with my screen shots. I still need the screen shots of any other errors that have been detected.

My screenshot attached. So why do some of us get this message, whereas others, like yourself Wolfenshire, don't.

One point worth noting - I have no Credit Card and no Paypal information stored at Renderosity. But it let me place my order regardless. Maybe that's it ?

So maybe it's simply showing the wrong error message ?

Maybe it should be showing the message:

"You do not have any valid payment method... for paying for your $0.00 purchase" ;o)

P.S. Using Firefox

metoo.jpg

And it usually uses Poser 11, with units set to inches. Except when it's using Poser 6 or PP2014, or when its units are set to PNU.

*also available in ShareCG, DAZ, and HiveWire3D flavours (the DeviantArt and CGBytes flavour have been discontinued).

Wolfenshire ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2019 at 3:28 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

@3dcheapskate I didn't get the message the first time I tested it, I've tried several times since and did get the message. I also didn't get the product either. All I can say is that Admin is aware of the issue and I'll let you know when I get some news. I did get a note there would be a meeting about the product, so will probably know something then.

3dcheapskate ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2019 at 4:03 AM

Wolfenshire posted at 4:54PM Wed, 30 January 2019 - #4344679

@3dcheapskate I didn't get the message the first time I tested it, I've tried several times since and did get the message. I also didn't get the product either. All I can say is that Admin is aware of the issue and I'll let you know when I get some news. I did get a note there would be a meeting about the product, so will probably know something then.

Ah, I misunderstood your post - I thought that you'd successfully obtained the item for $0.00.

I'll be waiting for further news... but without bated breath ;o)

cspear ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2019 at 4:19 AM

Everything is 'free' or rather $0.00 until you get to the payment stage, when "Shopping Cart Items do not meet the Minimum Purchase Price of $3.50" message is displayed. Minimum pricing for card and other electronic payments is now illegal in some places, including the EU. You can refuse to sell me something of low value if I want to pay on a card but you can not insist that I pay a minimum amount for using that card. You can have a store-wide policy of a minimum sale value. It is not clear on what basis the minimum price is charged, though I'm sure your lawyers would say it's the store-wide policy, in which case you should make that explicitly clear.

In that case you can not offer an item for $0.00 without breaking the policy. You should not be asking for CC details for a zero value transaction, this looks like data harvesting.

Surely the point of offering this figure for free is to let people assess it: if they like it they'll buy stuff for it, why are you messing this up?

Windows 10 x64 Pro - Intel Xeon E5450 @ 3.00GHz (x2)

PoserPro 11 - Units: Metres

Adobe CC 2017

raven ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2019 at 6:08 AM

They could have set it at the correct price in the store and just sent out a time limited coupon to cover the base price. Job done.

DreaminGirl ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2019 at 6:37 AM

raven posted at 1:37PM Wed, 30 January 2019 - #4344693

They could have set it at the correct price in the store and just sent out a time limited coupon to cover the base price. Job done.

no, because the cart would still total at zero

CHMedia ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2019 at 9:40 AM

I was informed that Renderosity's checkout process has always had a $3.50 minimum purchase. I was also informed that La Femme is not in the Freestuff area for records purposes. She is free for a limited time. We apologize for any confusion or frustration.

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2019 at 9:48 AM

so where is this minimum posted?

so I won't be getting the figure. fair enough... but a bit of advice. don't wait 24 hours to address an issue like this. Don't say it's free when it requires a minimum charge to obtain.

right now you've got a LOT of bad press pointing out this is not actually free. bad press renderosity can do without.

wheatpenny ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2019 at 10:08 AM
Site Admin

It is still free, because when you make the required $3.50 purchase you get the figure for no additional cost. The $3.50 is for the other item you bought, not for LaFemme.

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

Torquinox ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2019 at 10:17 AM

Right! The figure is free. You can get the figure for free, but due to a peculiar limitation of Rendo's shopping cart, you have to have a $3.50 balance in the cart. So, you buy something else you want that costs at least $3.50 (a small purchase), you put the figure in the cart, and you get the figure for free. If you want the figure for free, that's the answer. Perfect? No. Tolerable? Sure! Now we all know what to do, and Rendo staff knows how to avoid issues like this in the future. 😆

RedPhantom ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2019 at 10:51 AM
Site Admin

It's not so much that there's a minimum purchase required. It's that there's no mention on it until after you check out. There are very few things in the market place that are low enough to not make that requirement. The minimum came as a bit of a surprise and I think that's what most people are reacting to. If it doesn't say it on pages of products that are below 3.50, it should say it when you view your cart, before you try to check out.

Dulcinea ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2019 at 10:56 AM

it do say $3.50 at page botom in tiny print like thinking afterward.

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2019 at 11:03 AM

Dulcinea posted at 5:03PM Wed, 30 January 2019 - #4344740

it do say $3.50 at page botom in tiny print like thinking afterward.

that wasn't there last night ;)

Dulcinea ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2019 at 11:04 AM

also we clik link for item from MP first list (in red) and she not on page with all other items. only see her if clik second red link bundle link. fyi

tastiger ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2019 at 11:54 AM

Would it not be easier just to place the figure into "Free Stuff"? Or is that too simplistic for the world of big business 3D graphics assets?

The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive.
Robert A. Heinlein

11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-11900K @ 3.50GHz   3.50 GHz
64.0 GB (63.9 GB usable)
Geforce RTX 3060 12 GB
Windows 11 Pro

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2019 at 12:59 PM · edited Wed, 30 January 2019 at 1:08 PM

The brand new Poser model is free for a limited time only for promotional purposes. Get it while it's still free!! All you have to do is buy something else for $3.50 from the store. Alternatively you could ask a friend to gift this item to you when they check out... unless you have 0 friends...

tastiger ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2019 at 5:31 PM · edited Wed, 30 January 2019 at 5:32 PM

TwiztidKidd posted at 10:30AM Thu, 31 January 2019 - #4344759

The brand new Poser model is free for a limited time only for promotional purposes. Get it while it's still free!! All you have to do is buy something else for $3.50 from the store. Alternatively you could ask a friend to gift this item to you when they check out... unless you have 0 friends...

Not all of us have a discretionary budget when it comes to these things and what may be $3.50 to US types is not as cheap as it seems when you start taking into account exchange rates....

The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive.
Robert A. Heinlein

11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-11900K @ 3.50GHz   3.50 GHz
64.0 GB (63.9 GB usable)
Geforce RTX 3060 12 GB
Windows 11 Pro

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2019 at 6:36 PM

The ad should have read: 'Free with a minimum purchase of $3.50'. But the release was veiled with false advertising for the conditions that exist at checkout. Perhaps creating a link in a newsletter would have been a better alternative than sticking her in the Free Section.

cspear ( ) posted Thu, 31 January 2019 at 7:05 AM

If Renderosity were based in the UK I'd have set Trading Standards on to them because if a thing is advertised as being 'free', it has to incur no charge, unless it's made explicitly clear that the 'free' promotion is conditional. This should have been advertised as 'free with any purchase of $3.50 or more'.

People aren't moaning about this because they're skinflints, it's because Renderosity have taken it upon themselves to re-define the meaning of the word 'free'. The Oxford English dictionary defines it thus: "Given or available without charge".

This would have been far less damaging if Renderosity has sold La Femme for $3.50 and maybe offered a $3.50 voucher against, for example, the purchase of La Femme related goodies in future. It's a shame because she looks like a really good Poser character, but I can't find out because she's not actually free, and I'm beginning to wonder if Renderosity know what they're doing and / or are trustworthy. If they were to publicly recognise their error, make an apology and do something to sort this out it would do everyone more good than harm, but they'll probably put their heads in the sand until it all blows over.

Windows 10 x64 Pro - Intel Xeon E5450 @ 3.00GHz (x2)

PoserPro 11 - Units: Metres

Adobe CC 2017

Torquinox ( ) posted Thu, 31 January 2019 at 7:51 AM

To me it's an ironic situation, mildly amusing and no big deal. But people with complaints about the promo are right to complain. Rendo has been in business a long time and this should have gone a different way.

Vanguard- ( ) posted Thu, 31 January 2019 at 1:01 PM

This

cspear posted at 5:00AM Fri, 01 February 2019 - #4344839

If Renderosity were based in the UK I'd have set Trading Standards on to them because if a thing is advertised as being 'free', it has to incur no charge, unless it's made explicitly clear that the 'free' promotion is conditional. This should have been advertised as 'free with any purchase of $3.50 or more'.

People aren't moaning about this because they're skinflints, it's because Renderosity have taken it upon themselves to re-define the meaning of the word 'free'. The Oxford English dictionary defines it thus: "Given or available without charge".

This would have been far less damaging if Renderosity has sold La Femme for $3.50 and maybe offered a $3.50 voucher against, for example, the purchase of La Femme related goodies in future. It's a shame because she looks like a really good Poser character, but I can't find out because she's not actually free, and I'm beginning to wonder if Renderosity know what they're doing and / or are trustworthy. If they were to publicly recognise their error, make an apology and do something to sort this out it would do everyone more good than harm, but they'll probably put their heads in the sand until it all blows over.

takezo3001 ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2019 at 12:51 AM · edited Sun, 03 February 2019 at 12:57 AM

Why they don't release it via free stuff is beyond me... I may just buy Blackhearted's HD morphs, which is pretty much mandatory in my book!

takezo3001 ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2019 at 1:18 AM

Nahh, on second thought forget it, I won't pay $23.50 just to get a free figure because people don't know how to operate an online marketplace... (By having a bleedin' mandatory minimum purchase, who the f777 does that!?) if they were not out for a $3.50 kickback they would have simply offered it via the FREE section, I don't buy it that this is a bug, otherwise it would have been offered in the free section to begin with; no, they knew what they were doing by only offering a FREE product via rendo's idiotic shopping cart.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.