Mon, Sep 16, 10:42 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 14 4:17 pm)

Subject: Vue going subscription

doyle1 ( ) posted Mon, 03 December 2018 at 1:51 PM · edited Mon, 16 September 2024 at 11:54 AM

Bad news as far as I am concerned. $19.95 a month or $199.00 a year for the lowest creator package. You will have to reset your password to login. There does not appear to be an option to purchase,

kenmo ( ) posted Mon, 03 December 2018 at 1:56 PM

Yeah... Just got an e-mail from Helen Leblanc at e-onsoftware. Not good news. What happens if you opt out of the subscription? Will your older versions of Vue still work and be legal?

If not, time to learn Blender...

kenmo ( ) posted Mon, 03 December 2018 at 2:31 PM

Just went to my account an e-onsoftware and I am already being charged $19.95. Not sure if it's for my monthly subscription or what...BUT I did not place this order. Anyone else?

forester ( ) posted Mon, 03 December 2018 at 2:39 PM

Just checked. I do not seem to have an unauthorized monthly subscription charge.

DustRider ( ) posted Mon, 03 December 2018 at 3:37 PM · edited Mon, 03 December 2018 at 3:38 PM

If you were on a Vue artist product subscription plan at Cornucopia 3D, your "unused" payments were converted to the new subscription plan. You should receive an email sort of explaining it (see excerpt below from the email I got). I got one month, seems like I should have had more than one month, but they aren't real clear about how it was calculated.

From email I received: "In the coming days, all subscription fees you had accumulated within your former product subscription plan will be transferred to a Creator Solution subscription ($1 paid towards the old plan is automatically credited towards the new subscription plan). "

My Rendo Gallery ........ My DAZ3D Gallery ........... My DA Gallery ......

Greymom ( ) posted Mon, 03 December 2018 at 4:02 PM

Old password does not work. Still waiting on a password reset.

After all the wait and being kept in the dark for a year, I was hoping that they would come back up with a bit "thanks for waiting" sale, and let everything get sorted out before they hit us with the subscription plan.

There is really very little information on the differences between the versions, compared to the pages of comparison they had before. For example, there used to be a limit on the number of CPUs you could use for Vue Complete, so what is it for the new version?

Also still no word on Cornucopia 3D.

I am underwhelmed by this reboot.

mouser ( ) posted Tue, 04 December 2018 at 1:55 AM · edited Tue, 04 December 2018 at 1:57 AM

Just looked at the email from E-on and I'm shaking my head.

All of the links come up as invalid so I had to go to their website to find out whats going on.

The couldnt even do the email right how do I trust em with software let alone my credit card details.

Clowns to left & Jokers to the right.

Sorry but I dont rent software (just dumped Adobe CC for free Divinci Resolve)

bmdesigns ( ) posted Tue, 04 December 2018 at 4:39 AM

Old software will still still work! Please let us know which links are not working and we will fix them. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. :)

kenmo ( ) posted Tue, 04 December 2018 at 7:35 AM

bmdesigns posted at 7:29AM Tue, 04 December 2018 - #4341138

Old software will still still work! Please let us know which links are not working and we will fix them. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. :)

For one thing your contact link does not work. I clicked it to ask why there was an order placed by me for $19.95 and the link failed. AND I DID NOT PLACE THAT ORDER.

AND I will not be placing any orders on your site based upon how you handled your previous issues.

2 years and so little communication from e-on. Yesterday a youtube video was posted on the e-on channel. It was all marketing hype and NOTHING of interest to the end user about your Vue product.

Sorry but you disregard your customers for 2 years. Now you want us to return and rent your software. That does not bode will with me. A loyal e-onsoftware customer since Vue Espirt ver 4.

bmdesigns ( ) posted Tue, 04 December 2018 at 8:51 AM

Can I ask one favour? PLEASE submit your concerns/issues via the website? That way we can officially record and track issues. It does not matter which enquiry page you use so long as it gets to us.

kenmo ( ) posted Tue, 04 December 2018 at 10:41 AM

bmdesigns posted at 10:40AM Tue, 04 December 2018 - #4341150

Can I ask one favour? PLEASE submit your concerns/issues via the website? That way we can officially record and track issues. It does not matter which enquiry page you use so long as it gets to us.

Did you not read my post? I tried to use your contact link. It does not work. Kindly resolve the issues with your website....

aeilkema ( ) posted Wed, 05 December 2018 at 12:57 AM · edited Wed, 05 December 2018 at 1:11 AM

Well, I just have to say one thing.... bye bye E-On Software. I don't do subscriptions, period. Haven't checked if Vue still works, since I'm migrating to a new pc. I've got no desire to create a new account at E-On, since I won't be upgrading anymore, hopefully I can still install my old Vue.

Even if I would be interested, I wouldn't know what to choose. The info is so limited and even confusing that I've got no clue what's what. What's the difference between these Vue versions? What is and isn't included? Also the pricing is rather odd, going from $20 to $75 is a huge step..... and it's not even clear what you're getting. Where's the list of features, where's the comparison? What am I even subscribing to? How about a plan with PlantFactory? Did it even occur to you that there's plenty of people who don't want or need it.

Why not do what Terragen does? Offer both a subscription and perpetual purchase.

By the way.... Benefit from a fantastic, hyperactive community of users where you can share, inspire, and learn from one another scrap that line please, we all know it's a lie. You destroyed that years ago and you don't even offer a space for interaction anymore.

I've been with Vue since the release of version 1. It was awesome in the beginning, but the glory days are long gone and I'm afraid you just might have destroyed what's let of it. Subscription is way too risky ..... when you close the doors or go bankrupt, we're left with nothing at all. Call me old fashioned, but I want to own my software and not pay $200 and then not being able to use it the next year. Sorry, don't do scams.

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

ironsoul ( ) posted Wed, 05 December 2018 at 1:51 AM · edited Wed, 05 December 2018 at 1:57 AM

Applying upgrade discount I think it used to workout about $150 pa to keep Vue Complete up to date. If its now $200 that's a 33% increase plus we lose the perpetual license. E-o have been gone off line for too long to make those demands, they need to encourage users back not drive them away.

ironsoul ( ) posted Wed, 05 December 2018 at 2:56 AM

Correction to last post - subscription includes plant factory creator so extra cost not without benefit but still put off by lack of perpetual license. Allegorithmic offer both options plus sub gives access to material library which seems a better approach to lure people in.

kenmo ( ) posted Wed, 05 December 2018 at 8:17 AM

aeilkema posted at 8:14AM Wed, 05 December 2018 - #4341216

Well, I just have to say one thing.... bye bye E-On Software. I don't do subscriptions, period. Haven't checked if Vue still works, since I'm migrating to a new pc. I've got no desire to create a new account at E-On, since I won't be upgrading anymore, hopefully I can still install my old Vue.

Even if I would be interested, I wouldn't know what to choose. The info is so limited and even confusing that I've got no clue what's what. What's the difference between these Vue versions? What is and isn't included? Also the pricing is rather odd, going from $20 to $75 is a huge step..... and it's not even clear what you're getting. Where's the list of features, where's the comparison? What am I even subscribing to? How about a plan with PlantFactory? Did it even occur to you that there's plenty of people who don't want or need it.

Why not do what Terragen does? Offer both a subscription and perpetual purchase.

By the way.... Benefit from a fantastic, hyperactive community of users where you can share, inspire, and learn from one another scrap that line please, we all know it's a lie. You destroyed that years ago and you don't even offer a space for interaction anymore.

I've been with Vue since the release of version 1. It was awesome in the beginning, but the glory days are long gone and I'm afraid you just might have destroyed what's let of it. Subscription is way too risky ..... when you close the doors or go bankrupt, we're left with nothing at all. Call me old fashioned, but I want to own my software and not pay $200 and then not being able to use it the next year. Sorry, don't do scams.

I DO NOT understand or respect Renderosity when they do not allow links to outside of Renderosity. If other websites and forums were to follow with this practice it would render the web USELESS. Matter of fact it was a link on another website that lead to my discovery of Renderosity. Now imagine that...

kenmo ( ) posted Wed, 05 December 2018 at 8:19 AM

Instead of a youtube video showcasing a new company logo and how great a company Bentley is... WHY not a video explaining the details about Vue?

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Wed, 05 December 2018 at 9:13 AM

I really don't like their web site. clicking links lead you back to other links. You want to know more, but the link sends you back where you've come from. this is all big bling, bling and you don't get any real informations at all. Sorry Vue, you're dead.Bummer.

Greymom ( ) posted Wed, 05 December 2018 at 10:38 AM · edited Wed, 05 December 2018 at 10:41 AM

This item really caught my eye on E-On's FB page!

**There is inherent flexibility built in, for instance you can subscribe to Creator and when necessary swap to Professional for a month for example and then change back! " **

Ok, now this makes the subscription plan much more palatable to me. I did not expect this flexibility. The "Creator "addition would (from the limited details) do almost all of what I want. So if I needed to export, or do higher-res stuff, or needed more render nodes, it looks like I could switch to "Pro" for a month or two and use those features, then switch back. I can control my costs, and still keep the software working. I will have VUE 2015 Infinite to fall back on as needed.

Also, there will apparently be an option to get a code to activate the locked Cornucopia3D products with your current install. That is a huge relief. Looking for the details on that, as the info is second-hand.

Given all this, I am willing to spring for the "Creator" addition subscription for most of the year, and switch to "Pro" for a while when/if I need it. This will be similar in cost to the old maintenance plan.

ironsoul ( ) posted Sat, 08 December 2018 at 12:12 PM · edited Sat, 08 December 2018 at 12:12 PM

I've been working with this model since 2004 since steam released half life, the fundemental problem is it just takes some a** h** at board level to block all access and hold every user to ransom. I'm ok depending on Amazon and such to hold my movies but they are not my means of living. This is not good, from a risk level products like Blender have less risk associated with them.

martinjfrost ( ) posted Sat, 08 December 2018 at 1:21 PM · edited Sat, 08 December 2018 at 1:22 PM

It would be very nice before I subscribe to a particular plan, to know exactly what I can and can not do with that plan. So what can we import/export for instance? What is still locked in to vue? What are the render limitations?

All of the stuff that was really clear in the old website. I like the idea of being able to switch between plans, if thats a thing. But there is a huge lack of information around these new plans. Anyone got any info? Also what support is there for poser and daz studio imports?

Greymom ( ) posted Sat, 08 December 2018 at 1:42 PM · edited Sat, 08 December 2018 at 1:44 PM

martinjfrost posted at 1:28PM Sat, 08 December 2018 - #4341487

It would be very nice before I subscribe to a particular plan, to know exactly what I can and can not do with that plan. So what can we import/export for instance? What is still locked in to vue? What are the render limitations?

All of the stuff that was really clear in the old website. I like the idea of being able to switch between plans, if thats a thing. But there is a huge lack of information around these new plans. Anyone got any info? Also what support is there for poser and daz studio imports?

Yes, this is crucial information that should have been available as soon as the new plan was announced. The ability to switch between plans has been mentioned by the tech service folks on the FB page, but appears to contradict the terms of service on the website. The old comparison between the various versions of VUE 2015 was 48 pages!! compared to the less than half a page we have now.

I have heard through the FB page that we will be able to keep using and activating our old stand-alone purchases, and that at they will be able to provide a code to unlock the Cornucopia3D purchase so they can be used with the new and old software. But, at this point, these claims are not confirmed, and they are still trying to figure out what happened to my account.

If all these things pan out, I will probably be willing to go with "Creator" and switch to "Pro" for a while if I need it, once "Creator" has enough new features. If not, then I will cut my losses and go with something else. Quadspinner's new GAEA software looks like a contender to me.

I really feel for all the Vendors who sold at Cornucopia3D, and hope that they can find a new "home".

I will update if I can get more information, or confirmation of some of the Tech Service posts.

HartyBart ( ) posted Tue, 11 December 2018 at 10:48 AM

Thanks for the update from FB, Greymom. Nice to know that:

"they will be able to provide a code to unlock the Cornucopia3D purchase so they can be used with the new and old software."

I had some locked content the store just before the hack, and even though it's only a few items I had made a good scene with it that I can no longer load. I'm glad now that I didn't spend more with them, that Black Friday.

Learn the Secrets of Poser 11 and Line-art Filters.

Greymom ( ) posted Tue, 11 December 2018 at 7:36 PM

They have recovered my E-ON account, and I am going to try to activate my VUE 2015 INF this week on a new machine. Then we will work on unlocking some of the Cornucopia3D content.

cyberknight1133 ( ) posted Tue, 18 December 2018 at 12:24 PM

I don't mind a reasonably priced monthly plan, but to get the same function as Infinite, instead of paying $598 to own the software outright, I can pay over $700 for ONE MONTH. what puts the frosting on the cake is the fact that my only reason for upgrading from 2015 is that there is a bug that makes it damn near unusable. And it's a bug that Vue was made aware of shortly after it's release by a few other users with the same problem. If I can't find a copy I can buy outright through a 3rd party vendor, I'm done with Vue. I've used it faithfully since 3.5.

mouser ( ) posted Wed, 19 December 2018 at 1:31 AM

mouser posted at 6:30PM Wed, 19 December 2018 - #4341137

Just looked at the email from E-on and I'm shaking my head.

All of the links come up as invalid so I had to go to their website to find out whats going on.

The couldnt even do the email right how do I trust em with software let alone my credit card details.

Clowns to left & Jokers to the right.

Sorry but I dont rent software (just dumped Adobe CC for free Divinci Resolve)

I already replied to the origional email and got no reply, so what exactly are you asking?????

cyberknight1133 ( ) posted Thu, 20 December 2018 at 7:59 AM

Correction to my post. $700 a year, not a month. Still outrageous. I'm hoping to find a copy of 2016 to pick up somewhere. If not, I'm done with Vue. Does anybody have any suggestions for software with similar capabilities?

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Sun, 23 December 2018 at 1:41 AM

e-on is now Bentley Systems. And we are no longer Vue customers. Plain and simple.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

kenmo ( ) posted Thu, 27 December 2018 at 9:10 AM

In the past there were a few versions Vue Esprit, Studio, Complete, Infinite, xStream, come to mind. There may have been others. Plus a free version.

Now there is only two. Creator and Pro.

Creator seems more like Esprit based on my playing with my version. I started out with Esprit and later upgraded to Studio and later to Complete as I could not afford Infinite BUT wanted a few of the more advanced features. Seems silly not to offer an in between version for people who used Studio or Complete.

I am leaning more with staying with Complete 2016 R6 then downgrading to Vue Creator 1.0.

jugoth ( ) posted Fri, 28 December 2018 at 4:43 AM

Hello i spent over 7 grand on your products but sorry we don't support vue 10 and down anymore. please spend 5 grand on a new computer to run our latest program. oh yes you must pay us $100 a month to use new program. but you wont own it

judyk ( ) posted Fri, 28 December 2018 at 11:53 AM

@4342578 Hi kenmo,

I've been reading what I can find about Vue Creator over the last couple of days, with the idea of maybe trying a year's subscription. Although anything like a helpful list of features for the three options is conspicuous by its absence, it appears to me that Creator is pretty much like the old Vue Espirit Complete, while the Professional version is the old Infinite / Xtream (I think these two only differed in whether they could run stand-alone or not), and the Enterprise version is Infinite / Xtream with extra seats and some content.

I didn't originally intend to even look at a subscription version, but I see that the monthly $19.95 for Creator gives you not only Vue (Complete) but Plant Factory as well. This is quite an attraction for me, and maybe for some others who create nature-based scenes. This is the good news from my point of view, but the bad news, which is significant, is that Vue Creator is missing a few features that did exist in the old Espirit Complete, namely: 1) you can't export anything, 2) you can't render at anything over 4096 x 2150 pixels, and 3) you can't use compositing. There's no Python scripting or plugins to integrate with other products, but I don't think that Espirit had those anyway. The page where I found that information is here: https://info.e-onsoftware.com/blog/e-on-software-takes-users-to-cloud-nine-with-new-releases

And that information is echoed on this short review page here: http://www.cgchannel.com/2018/12/e-on-software-revamps-vue-and-plantfactory/

I can live without compositing, but the reduction in potential picture resolution is a big worry and will particularly affect anyone who wants to produce high quality prints. There is no more detailed information I can find on the bar on exporting, so it's not clear whether you can't export anything (presumably you can still save rendered images), or just not some things. Even if it's just some things, I can remember saving up for a long time to buy the Exporter expansion for Vue Espirit, and it's quite a slap in the face to lose that facility now unless I take out a much more expensive subscription for the Professional version.

I'm still undecided, but maybe the information above will help others to make up their minds. If you've decided and are happy to take out an annual licence, a slightly reduced (by $10) subscription is being sold by Novedge here: http://www.cgchannel.com/2018/12/e-on-software-revamps-vue-and-plantfactory/

judyk ( ) posted Fri, 28 December 2018 at 11:53 AM

wabe ( ) posted Sat, 29 December 2018 at 4:02 AM

Hi Judyk (and others). Simply read this: https://info.e-onsoftware.com/blog/e-on-software-takes-users-to-cloud-nine-with-new-releases

There you find details about the new features and the differences between the subscription models. And keep in mind, all that is not listed as a difference is the same therefore for all three versions.

What all oversee mostly is, that the render limitation to 8 CPUs of the complete Artist line (Pioneer, Esprit, Studio, Complete) is not there anymore, nor the encryption of plants for example. But obviously, these fallen limitations that were discussed over many years in the past, were not really relevant for users of the Artist line.

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

jugoth ( ) posted Sat, 29 December 2018 at 6:08 AM

Tec speaks for new programs mean lot people will not be able to use

judyk ( ) posted Fri, 04 January 2019 at 5:26 AM

I've taken the plunge and gone for an annual subscription to the Vue Creator and Plant Factory package. PF is entirely new to me so there is going to be a long learning curve, and the Vue interface has changed a lot, so I won't feel qualified to comment much on the package until I've got familiar with it, but the first things I've noticed (comparing with Vue 2016, which was the latest version I had), is that rendering seems a little faster for complex scenes, that the render settings I've used for Vue 10 and 2014 now need tweaking for Creator (expected, I guess), and that the atmosphere presets I bought or created for Vue 10 work OK in Creator, which wasn't the case with 2014. I've reported a couple of problems, and so far the response from E-On has been helpful and fast (I got a reply on New Year's day). I went for the annual subscription because the monthly one is an automatically renewing option that has to be cancelled a month in advance, which I have a problem with, and because to be honest I think it will take me the best part of a year to get familiar enough with the two applications to decide whether the software is still for me.

kenmo ( ) posted Fri, 04 January 2019 at 11:18 AM

I had contact with Bentley and I found their reply to be very quick. One of the quickest to any software company.

I find the rendering to be faster in Vue Creater then Vue 2016 R6. And I'm starting to like the interface a bit more then 2016 R6. But is it worth the price tage of $19.99. So far I would have to say NO. And Plant Factory does not interest me. Too bad they did not offer Vue with out Plant factory for $10/month. I may then take the plunge or give it consideration.

I love Vue. It's super easy to use. My only complaint with the software is the function editor. I think it's crap, not very intuitive and has no place in a super easy app like Vue. The function editor needs to be revamped!!!!!!!!

I dislike Barry Marshall's Vue tutorial as he focuses too much on the function editor. Which as I have said is a very big turn off for me.

mouser ( ) posted Sun, 17 March 2019 at 2:03 AM

Man I am glad I stopped at version 10, it was fun while it lasted but all good things come to an end.

No real new features but a rental service for what we used to own, hmmm.

No its time to admit to myself that what is being offered is increased ongoing cost for the same old thing.

RIP Vue, you where good in your day;)

kristinf ( ) posted Mon, 18 March 2019 at 8:49 AM

kenmo posted at 1:36PM Mon, 18 March 2019 - #4343077

I had contact with Bentley and I found their reply to be very quick. One of the quickest to any software company.

Lucky you. I was a customer from 2004 to 2017 (vue 4 pro through all the infinites up until 2016) and a few weeks ago I had to reinstall windows and messaged them for a activation code and got no response at all. I have spent many thousands of pounds on the program and in cornucopia3d's store but feel completely unvalued. The reason I stopped staying up to date with Vue was simply because I was trying to renew my maintenance contract a year or two ago and no one could even be bothered to respond then either.

"I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end" - Margaret Thatcher 1989

wabe ( ) posted Tue, 19 March 2019 at 2:59 AM

kristinf, may I ask to whom you have written? But anyhow, can you please write an email to support@e-onsoftware.com please. I promise you, you will get an answer within 24 hours. But please, refer to this thread here so that I can trace things internally.

wabe ( ) posted Fri, 22 March 2019 at 2:22 AM

I'm a bit confused now. It is almost a week now since I replied here to this thread. But can't see any ticket to technical support coming in where someone mentioned this thread here. Is the problem solved?

Osper ( ) posted Tue, 09 April 2019 at 12:13 PM · edited Tue, 09 April 2019 at 12:26 PM

Wow................I bought a new computer last year and went from Windows 7 to 10. Nothing worked including Vue11 infinite. So I reinstalled and discovered it was calling for a disk 2 (either it didn't come with one or I lost it in the move we made. But when installing it deleted the old Vue files....mistake!!!!! After that I discovered that Windows 10 changed the way the file hierarchy was done. Which is why Vue couldn't find its files. Contacting Eon support they couldn't help. So I tried to buy the latest version including emails to sales.....nothing except ads in return. Today I go to their site and find.........".rent a Vue". No dice not on my part. I have been with Vue since V4. I buy, I don't rent. I guess it's going to be back to Bryce .

3DDellusion ( ) posted Thu, 09 May 2019 at 6:31 AM · edited Thu, 09 May 2019 at 6:35 AM

Just for balance, I want to say that I've requested legacy activation twice this year as well as contacted them with a question about features in the new Vue and I've gotten a response within 24 hours or faster every time. So my customer service experience has been good.

elperdido ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2019 at 9:06 PM

thats for me the end for further Vue Products ... to hell with the new License systems , in future the people have nothing ,all only leased .

Danny_G ( ) posted Wed, 31 July 2019 at 2:18 PM · edited Wed, 31 July 2019 at 2:19 PM

I used Vue years ago, v8 I think, didn't like it all that much. Now a few days ago I downloaded the Trial version and I was more then impressed with the UI, render quality and how well if manages itself with the hardware you are running. The way things are going I am going to buy an annual license and see how things go from there.

Danny_Gordon
New World Digital Art

RAGraphicDesign ( ) posted Thu, 08 August 2019 at 7:17 AM

Hi everyone, I use for years Vue. First I had Vue d'Esprit 5, then Vue 6 Complete and finally the Vue 10 Complete. For technical reasons I should reactivate the complete Vue 10 Complete, on the old iMac (which would not work the new versions) but the window that opens, containing a box for my name, one for the activation code, and another with the Cornucopia link , it doesn't work ... of course. I try to ask for something from technical support of e-on, or some other address ...?

My Store

My Freestuff

FrankT ( ) posted Thu, 08 August 2019 at 12:34 PM

RAGraphicDesign posted at 6:34PM Thu, 08 August 2019 - #4358933

Hi everyone, I use for years Vue. First I had Vue d'Esprit 5, then Vue 6 Complete and finally the Vue 10 Complete. For technical reasons I should reactivate the complete Vue 10 Complete, on the old iMac (which would not work the new versions) but the window that opens, containing a box for my name, one for the activation code, and another with the Cornucopia link , it doesn't work ... of course. I try to ask for something from technical support of e-on, or some other address ...?

support@e-onsoftware.com

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

RAGraphicDesign ( ) posted Fri, 09 August 2019 at 9:47 AM

Thank you FrankT

My Store

My Freestuff

FrankT ( ) posted Fri, 09 August 2019 at 1:28 PM

RAGraphicDesign posted at 7:27PM Fri, 09 August 2019 - #4359004

Thank you FrankT

I've had very fast responses and they've been extremely helpful with activation and Cornucopia purchases

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

Infinityseed ( ) posted Thu, 17 October 2019 at 12:03 AM

I just want to share my experience. I was on the payment plan for future releases of Vue back when e-on/Bentley went through their little phase. Waiting for quarter after quarter for next year release of Vue was ridiculous. Let's not overlook the fact that these people funded the transition to the new subscription service off the backs of those who were waiting for the next year of upgrading. When I reached the end of my payment plan, they kept taking money out of my account. Was going through a lot then and didn't notice at first. When I did the math, they had taken something like a half a year more payments than they should've. They didn't want to refund the money, so I had to threaten social embarrassment online to get them to budge. On top of it all, the JA in charge over there denied he had anything to do with E-on, which was a straight up lie I caught him in. Then, when they finally coughed up the refund, they told me not to tell anyone--for obvious reasons.

If you paid many months into something for no good reason, only to be given one month of subscription under the new plan, you need to go back, do the math and demand they give you a straight dollar for dollar conversion or take them to court. Just saying.

I don't rent software anymore. Microsoft, E-on, and others are sniffing all the cash that Adobe is pulling in and they want some of the action. If we don't stop them now, they will have us by the curly hairs. Refuse to pay to rent software. It's the only hope we have. Solidarity!

estherau ( ) posted Fri, 14 February 2020 at 8:32 PM

What does no compositing mean? Does that mean you can't take a render from vue and superimpose a poser person in photoshop? Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

Dale B ( ) posted Sat, 15 February 2020 at 11:16 AM

estherau posted at 11:11AM Sat, 15 February 2020 - #4380491

What does no compositing mean? Does that mean you can't take a render from vue and superimpose a poser person in photoshop? Love esther

The compositing function in Vue lets you render in layers that can be saved separately. So with no composting you can't create separate alpha masks, illumination and/or shadow channels, R-B-G as separate images to be used in a NLE like Photoshop or GIMP. You could probably create the Vue image, make the Poser image the alpha, and superimpose it over the Vue image, but nothing more complex than that.

HartyBart ( ) posted Thu, 20 February 2020 at 3:45 AM · edited Thu, 20 February 2020 at 3:46 AM

Ah, I see, thanks for the clarifications on what "Compositing" means, re: the cheaper versions of the new subscription Vue. 'No multipass or alpha channels' would be another way of saying it, then.

Learn the Secrets of Poser 11 and Line-art Filters.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.