Wed, Sep 18, 12:13 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 12:29 pm)

Subject: DAZ Auto Installer launched on Here

PaulHairy ( ) posted Sat, 01 June 2019 at 10:44 AM · edited Sun, 08 September 2024 at 8:46 AM

Due to popular demand DAZ Auto Installer is now available in the Renderosity Market Place. Main Window Installer.png

Have you got lots of DAZ content from various places stored on your hard drive that you never get around to installing? If so then this is the program for you.

Many years ago I remember looking around the forums for tutorials on how to install third party content. I also remember seeing numerous posts asking if there was anything that could install content automatically. The answer was always the same ‘no it is not possible’.

This to me sounded like a challenge so I set myself a challenge. I decided to try to create a program that would allow me to put all of my Raw downloaded content in one place and install it all with just one click.

DAZ content is not always correctly packed by the uploaders so my first challenge was to extract the files and reconstruct them correct format for DAZ Studio.

Uploaders also sometimes put a mixture of nested archives and exe installers in one package, if these are just extracted into the library folder it will not work.

I found clicking through lots of the old installer dialogs took forever, so I decided to try to automate this process too. What I ended up with was a program that could handle Folders, Rar Files Zip Files 7zip Files and exe files.

To quote one of my many satisfied customers “I just put all of my content in one folder before I go to bed and leave DAZ auto installer to it. All the content has been installed for me when I get up, it’s great.”

You can download a trial from https://www.dazautointaller.net

I hope you find it useful. Regards,

Paul,

donnena ( ) posted Sat, 01 June 2019 at 2:05 PM

THANK you!!!!!

;>

Andy!

ronaldknights ( ) posted Sat, 29 June 2019 at 2:03 PM

PaulHairy, DAZ Auto Installer looks promising. I really appreciate a great utility that makes installing stuff so easy. Just a gentle hint: you left out the "S" in your link above. I was a bit disappointed to see the app was only for PC. But there are ways around that problem. I assume you'll list the price in US dollars here at Renderosity?! Best wishes.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.