Sun, Oct 6, 10:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: The New Wonder Woman Build Thread

Eric Walters ( ) posted Mon, 01 July 2019 at 8:50 PM

As Rokket said-it can't do micro displacement at render. It CAN do displacement if you use Subdivision on the model. I set the Figure type to Unimesh and set Subdiv to 2. I am still able to use the displacement maps I made earlier. Notice the scales? Displacement. Creature is one I made using Dawn and Zbrush in 2013. Miss B posted at 6:46PM Mon, 01 July 2019 - #4355767

I'm still a n00b when it comes to creating SuperFly materials from scratch, so wasn't aware that SuperFly couldn't do displacement. Have you tried both the Cycles and Physical Surface root nodes?

BTW, the suit's looking good. Nice going on modeling the stripes in. ๐Ÿ™‚DawnSilverGoblin.jpg

rokket ( ) posted Mon, 01 July 2019 at 8:53 PM

That's cool. But I already modeled the lines in there. I will keep this in mind when I do something else in the future, though.

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

Miss B ( ) posted Mon, 01 July 2019 at 9:53 PM

I just, out of curiosity, checked both the Cycles and Physical Surface roots, and both have displacement nodes. What that means as far as micro "micro displacement" goes, I have no idea, but as Eric mentions above, as long as you SubD, then you should get the look you want.

Now I'm interested in checking this out.

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

rokket ( ) posted Mon, 01 July 2019 at 10:48 PM

spider bump test.png This is my results. This one is the standard bump maps. No masking or anything else involved. The bump maps were set at .1 and rendered.

spider disp test.png This is the result for trying the displacement on the Poser Root node. I used the exact same maps, and same settings as the bump map, but only on the blue part of the costume. There are artifacts and the displacement doesn't look right at all.

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

Miss B ( ) posted Mon, 01 July 2019 at 11:43 PM

Have you tried the Cycles or Physical Surface roots. I would think they're more in line for SuperFly than the default Poser Surface root.

Butterfly Dezignz

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2019 at 8:03 AM

I will try the other two nodes after work tonight. I don't really know how to use cycles, but I'll try.

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2019 at 4:56 PM

Nope. It didn't work with the physical surface and I don't know cycles. If someone can show me that in cycles, I'd try it.

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2019 at 9:03 PM

update.png

A screenshot from Wings 3D. The skirt and belt are coming along...

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2019 at 10:40 PM

WW.png I have to redo that belt. I am not happy with it. The level of detail and getting things right seems to have gone out the window with the belt. I think I went too fast.

Are people losing interest with this?

Miss B ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2019 at 11:48 PM

Definitely not!

Butterfly Dezignz

BernieFB ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2019 at 3:27 AM

It's looking really good! I'm hoping to create my own model of Lynda Carter, from the 1970's television series.

RobZhena ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2019 at 5:07 AM

Iโ€™m a huge WW fan. Will you release your finished product?

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2019 at 7:13 AM

I am not sure. I don't know how much interest it will get, because of the body morphs I used to achieve the look. That might be a show stopper right there because people won't want to use it if they can't get it to look right, especially the boots. And I would have to list each and every morph that I used and the settings. Might not be worth the time it would take to package this one.

RobZhena ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2019 at 9:18 AM

I can spawn a full body morph for you..

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2019 at 9:20 AM

RobZhena posted at 7:19AM Wed, 03 July 2019 - #4355926

I can spawn a full body morph for you..

I will send you a PM after work.

rokket ( ) posted Fri, 05 July 2019 at 11:23 PM

WW.png Alright, the costume is done. Please give me feed back!!!

On to tackle my first ever hair model. I hope I survive it.

rokket ( ) posted Sat, 06 July 2019 at 2:47 AM

the hair.png Maybe I don't have to model the hair...

RobZhena ( ) posted Sat, 06 July 2019 at 6:49 AM

Great costume, great hair!

rokket ( ) posted Sat, 06 July 2019 at 8:21 AM

The problem now is that the scene I was had the costume build in is crashing Poser now. And I didn't save the body morph, so I am going to have to try to recreate it. Ouch.

rokket ( ) posted Sat, 06 July 2019 at 2:31 PM ยท edited Sat, 06 July 2019 at 2:32 PM

Wonder Woman WIP.png I thought I was getting somewhere... but: bad boots.png I can't get these boots to sit right because I lost that perfect body morph. And I don't want to redo them, so I am scrambling to figure out how I morphed her. Something isn't right, because I am not able to reproduce the morph, no matter how much I tweak it. I may have to take them back in Wings...

tonyvilters ( ) posted Sat, 06 July 2019 at 4:12 PM

I am pretty sure my "Projection" Video can Project the figure Full Body Morph into your boots. Look at my Video 2 on my YouTube channel under Tony Vilters Poser 2 Blender 2 Poser. Poser (non-pro) can use Video 3

Detailing Poser figures

That technique can also be used to "project" a Full Body Morph in clothing. Just set the Pokethrough Margin to the value that works best.

Best regards and all the best with your project.

rokket ( ) posted Sat, 06 July 2019 at 10:26 PM

These boots are dynamic.

BernieFB ( ) posted Sat, 06 July 2019 at 10:52 PM

Looking great! Keep it up!

rokket ( ) posted Sat, 06 July 2019 at 11:34 PM

I am not going to give up. I may have to export the new mesh and fit the boots to her from Wings, but I am going to get it done. I just don't want to do it right now because I have had a few beers watching UFC and I don't drink and model!

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 07 July 2019 at 11:14 AM

Hope you get it figured out because the figure and costume are amazing.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

rokket ( ) posted Sun, 07 July 2019 at 1:06 PM

SamTherapy posted at 11:05AM Sun, 07 July 2019 - #4356325

Hope you get it figured out because the figure and costume are amazing.

Thanks. I had a two hour break to get a much needed massage, but I am back on it after I eat lunch and get my 30 minute walk in. I make a point to do that every day if I can because I am too sedentary otherwise when I am not on a ship.

rokket ( ) posted Sun, 07 July 2019 at 1:52 PM

Now I am mad. I have to remodel the boots and the hand wraps because the original model was posed just differently enough to screw everything up with those pieces. The rest of it I just had to translate on the Y axis to get them to fit. I am going to see if the suit still causes scene issues, and if it's not that... I don't know what to say.

rokket ( ) posted Sun, 07 July 2019 at 2:25 PM

WIP.png Cloth sim with the suit. It needed some morph brush help when it was done, so I am going to attempt to rig it. I've rigged for LaFemme before, and it's a fairly easy process. I won't transfer morphs because I don't need to.

But the big concern is will that scene with the suit will crash Poser again.

rokket ( ) posted Sun, 07 July 2019 at 3:01 PM

WIP.png This is the rigged suit on LaFemme with no morphs.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 07 July 2019 at 3:09 PM

Outstanding work!

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

rokket ( ) posted Sun, 07 July 2019 at 3:14 PM

Rigged.png If you liked that, you'll love this, Sam... Rigged on my morphed Wonder Woman.

rokket ( ) posted Sun, 07 July 2019 at 3:16 PM

I am going to start rigging the parts of the suit that I already have ready to go: the tiara, the bracers, and then I will start modeling the harness.

rokket ( ) posted Sun, 07 July 2019 at 3:37 PM

Tiara.png

rokket ( ) posted Sun, 07 July 2019 at 4:25 PM

Wonder Woman.png Last image for today. Everything is rigged now, and working quite nicely. I am going to have to take the size of her legs down. But that's another issue.

rokket ( ) posted Sun, 07 July 2019 at 6:04 PM

bootz.png Took her legs down, reworked the boots. Since I modeled it from about 9 different parts, all I had to do was separate them and move some stuff, rescale...

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 07 July 2019 at 6:39 PM

As mentioned before, outstanding

rokket ( ) posted Sun, 07 July 2019 at 6:51 PM

I was wondering when you'd see this.

I am toying with the idea of uploading this to ShareCG. I am not sure yet if I will. It's a lot of work to get it right, and I don't have a lot of time before I ship out again.

rokket ( ) posted Sun, 07 July 2019 at 6:52 PM

The hand wraps, the harness and maybe the lasso. I already have a shield. I want to find a bunch of reference pics for her sword.

quietrob ( ) posted Sun, 07 July 2019 at 9:08 PM

I have most of the incarnations of Wonder Woman and this one, by the newest figure and a steady hand might just be the best on yet! Superb Work Rokket!

rokket ( ) posted Sun, 07 July 2019 at 9:10 PM ยท edited Sun, 07 July 2019 at 9:10 PM

quietrob posted at 7:09PM Sun, 07 July 2019 - #4356402

I have most of the incarnations of Wonder Woman and this one, by the newest figure and a steady hand might just be the best on yet! Superb Work Rokket!

Thank you, old friend. Coming from you that means the world.

quietrob ( ) posted Sun, 07 July 2019 at 9:13 PM

rokket posted at 7:12PM Sun, 07 July 2019 - #4356380

Wonder Woman.png Last image for today. Everything is rigged now, and working quite nicely. I am going to have to take the size of her legs down. But that's another issue.

Somehow, this bootless version is my favorite. Wonder Woman badass!

rokket ( ) posted Sun, 07 July 2019 at 9:17 PM

If there were ever a version of that in the comics, with her warrior garb on, I'd leave it like that. But in the movies she shows up in full armor...

rokket ( ) posted Sun, 07 July 2019 at 9:17 PM

armband.png Forgot about her arm band.

rokket ( ) posted Sun, 07 July 2019 at 9:19 PM ยท edited Sun, 07 July 2019 at 9:20 PM

ab.jpg

Vote: Yes, or No?

Miss B ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2019 at 12:25 AM

The general shape isn't bad, but I don't like that it's wrapped around her hands so much. It looks like she injured her hands badly.

Butterfly Dezignz

rokket ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2019 at 7:28 AM

These were just an example I picked up. It should have been more specific with the question. Should I model these again and add them to the costume, or does it look better without them?

rokket ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2019 at 4:48 PM

Wonder Woman.png I went ahead and did the hand wraps, I just did them a little different.

rokket ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2019 at 8:25 PM

I thought I had the harness done, but I didn't like it, and Poser is crashing on me again. I deleted it, and I am going to try to remodel it a bit later.

Miss B ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2019 at 9:07 PM

rokket posted at 10:06PM Mon, 08 July 2019 - #4356431

These were just an example I picked up. It should have been more specific with the question. Should I model these again and add them to the costume, or does it look better without them?

OK, in that case, considering the bracers are all the way down to her wrists, I'd say no, the costume doesn't need the hand wraps.

Butterfly Dezignz

rokket ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2019 at 9:11 PM

Miss B posted at 7:08PM Mon, 08 July 2019 - #4356517

rokket posted at 10:06PM Mon, 08 July 2019 - #4356431

OK, in that case, considering the bracers are all the way down to her wrists, I'd say no, the costume doesn't need the hand wraps.

I looked at about a dozen reference images. Early in the movie when she was wearing the 'Golden' costume, she had those wraps on. They go down past her wrist and under the bracers. They also cover the thumb and forefinger like a half glove. I left that out. But I covered her hand and around her thumb almost like a sports wrap. I made them minimal. The harness wrecked my scene, so I am rebuilding it. What a pain in the butt this is. I should get her the way I want her and save that morph instead of fighting it all the time. I'm a dork sometimes.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.