Thu, Sep 19, 4:08 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 4:00 pm)

Subject: H Girl - Darkseal

rokket ( ) posted Mon, 01 July 2019 at 7:37 PM

I want her.

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

DarksealStudios ( ) posted Mon, 01 July 2019 at 8:13 PM · edited Mon, 01 July 2019 at 8:17 PM

😅 rokket

Boots took longer cause they are conforming. Again, nothing textured yet. Gonna take a break for a bit. I'll probably do some artsy render before adding more stuff and things.

Also, I "plan" to release all this stuff as one package. I might price it higher than my past items cause it will have a bunch of hair and clothing all in one. I might make another texture for her as well, but I'm still thinking. Suggestions are always welcome. And I do have a patreon 😇Octane samples 560 elapsed 00-00-29.png

My Store   My Gallery    Contact

mouser ( ) posted Mon, 01 July 2019 at 8:39 PM

DarksealStudios posted at 11:31AM Tue, 02 July 2019 - #4355606

mouser posted at 1:19AM Mon, 01 July 2019 - #4355600

I take it this wont be a Genesis 8 figure? (please correct me if I'm wrong)

Since the RSSY hair & clothing converter I'm kinda steering clear of other figures.

She looks damn fine but whats the point if the bulk of hair & clothes dont fit?

No, it's not a Genesis 2345678 figure, I make figures. I don't know what a RSSY converter is. Clothing can always be converted if you take time to do it. The point is there are other things in this world than daz figures. But thank you for the point of view. It's what I'm looking for. Is it worth making new characters for people to play with? Or is Genesis the only thing that matters in the marketplace anymore? I'm not being sassy, I really want to know

Understood Just to clarify where I'm coming from the RSSY DS plugin allowed me to automate and convert almost all Daz3d Millenium & genesis figures to fit to Genesis 8 except for Millenium 3 or earlier (so far).

This means over 90% of the content I have purchased over the years is usable, its a big deal for users who have spent $ over the years.

I dont want to spend time converting stuff just for one lone figure when I can automate the process for the figure I have.

Just something to keep in mind.

Dont get me wrong she is a damn fine figure but I have only so much cash I can spend and compatability is a factor.

Being able to default to the one generation of base figures makes things very convenient and cost effective.

Best of luck;)

DarksealStudios ( ) posted Mon, 01 July 2019 at 9:08 PM

mouser - Yeah no, I totally get where you're coming from. But it's not a Gen figure, cause I make my own. I understand that a lot of people only want to daz, only want to use Genesis, but that's also why I'm posting in the Poser - OFFICAL Forum, to ask people who are using poser and poser figures if they are interested in something like this. I also understand people will convert from Daz to Poser, but others will not bother.

Sorry you won't get her because she's not another Gen figure. Thanks for the input!

rokket ( ) posted Mon, 01 July 2019 at 9:12 PM

I say it again... I want her.

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

GhengisFarb ( ) posted Mon, 01 July 2019 at 9:45 PM

rokket posted at 7:43PM Mon, 01 July 2019 - #4355730

I am like you. V4/A4/M4 was the last DAZ product I will bother with. All of the Genesis figures look too much alike to me. The art created with them is gorgeous, but it all looks the same. Blah.

TOTALLY agree, but when V4/A4/M4 I pretty felt the same way but they eventually either grew on me or just got so much made for them that it no longer seemed true. Still, gen 3 is my favorite (Aiko 3, Victoria 3, David, Aiko Toon and Hiro Toon).

mouser ( ) posted Mon, 01 July 2019 at 10:54 PM · edited Mon, 01 July 2019 at 10:56 PM

DarksealStudios posted at 1:52PM Tue, 02 July 2019 - #4355779

mouser - Yeah no, I totally get where you're coming from. But it's not a Gen figure, cause I make my own. I understand that a lot of people only want to daz, only want to use Genesis, but that's also why I'm posting in the Poser - OFFICAL Forum, to ask people who are using poser and poser figures if they are interested in something like this. I also understand people will convert from Daz to Poser, but others will not bother.

Sorry you won't get her because she's not another Gen figure. Thanks for the input!

Cool

Like I said damn fine figure and I like what I see but ask anyone who knows me (tight ba$tard).

As for Genesis 8, its not the best but its costs vs balance thing mostly its all the legacy content I've purchased over the years.

It looks like you have plenty of customers looking anyway;)

DarksealStudios ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2019 at 1:35 AM

mouser posted at 1:32AM Tue, 02 July 2019 - #4355784

...but ask anyone who knows me (tight ba$tard).

Why you think I make my own stuff? I'm a tight bastard too! The only difference is I took all that money that might have been spent on Genesis stuff and bought art software instead. 3d tools, texturing tools, rendering tools, etc...

mouser ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2019 at 5:12 AM

DarksealStudios posted at 8:06PM Tue, 02 July 2019 - #4355790

mouser posted at 1:32AM Tue, 02 July 2019 - #4355784

...but ask anyone who knows me (tight ba$tard).

Why you think I make my own stuff? I'm a tight bastard too! The only difference is I took all that money that might have been spent on Genesis stuff and bought art software instead. 3d tools, texturing tools, rendering tools, etc...

I did some modeling classes with Maya but my talent is average at best in that field.

So I look out for people with talent like any good CGI vulture;)

consumer573 ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2019 at 5:31 AM · edited Tue, 02 July 2019 at 5:38 AM

I haven't used anime style characters at all, but that is probably because I haven't really had access to any that I particularly like. "The girl" didn't quite do it.

I like Darkseal's work. I like the characters you show here.

That being said, I would have to start my characters from scratch, and my pocketbook is a limitation. I would love to have access to a stable core group of really good manga characters on Rendo. Something that others could build around. If you would be able to do that I'd also like to see it get around Rendo's questionable policy of putting things on clearance. I'd like to see some good manga/anime style core characters as a mainstay, something that's not going to go away if it has a slow ramp to a cult following (or more) and I think Darkseal has something that could work. I mean, Daz still sells M2 and V2 characters.

My understanding, too, is that something that will work in Poser will work in Daz, but not vice-versa or am I wrong?

I don't currently use DAZ. Poser only.

danidh ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2019 at 1:36 PM

Very nice! Fan of the Chibi version, too.

LeeMoon ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2019 at 1:41 PM

I'm keeping an eye on your development of both the female and male characters. What you've shown so far is wonderful. I'd be interested in picking up a dual pack of the male and female with clothing and accessories for both. There are all kinds of shenanigans those 2 could get into. Thank you for sharing these early peeks into development! I'll be thrilled to see the final release. Keep doing awesome work!

DarksealStudios ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2019 at 2:25 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

mouser - I do the same. Like a vulture (too) I scour artstation and deviantart for amazing works and drool, wanting to get to that next level. I don't work hard enough, but I'm trying.

consumer573 - Thank you! Most poser items will work in daz without issue. Sometimes materials need a little tweak but basically if it says "Poser 6 and above" you can be pretty sure it will work in Daz as long as it is NOT a PMD INJ, which store the morphs in a separate file that poser accesses. Those morphs need to be in the cr2 file, not separate. As far as Daz stuff goes, I know people use converters to get daz stuff to work in Poser, but I am not experienced with that... since I only really use Poser myself.

I would love to see more anime stuff available too. That's why I have so much of it that I make. I don't know if you are familiar with some of my other works, and I don't know about TOS here and linking to cough other stores... so I'll just post images. I have a deviantart you could follow the bread crumbs to. Here are just a few images of some of my past anime style figures for poser... animefighterstanding1.jpgGiFrontandBack.jpgKingoftheDead_firefly.jpgADRSPlus_ChibiFaced.jpgmagurglewallpper.jpgJustMangaDollCENSORED.pngMaangaManbigandsmall.jpgSoldierStanding.jpg

DarksealStudios ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2019 at 2:34 PM · edited Tue, 02 July 2019 at 2:37 PM

danidh - thanks! I'll try to put up another chibi version soon, I need to render out more chibi

LeeMoon - Thank you, but the male will be a ways off, since the girl isn't finished yet 😅

I couldn't post any more images in the last post, so here are a few more of my past anime style... There may be more than this, but you all probably know all this stuff...

darkknightaction1.jpgMSScarBoltsNeck.jpgeditgreenskincloseup.jpgmythallincluded.jpgskinnymanhallway1.jpgSharonaArtisticRender.jpgmadsquidy.pngkiwiknight2 copy.jpgfrontback_no728.jpgKeiwithBall.jpgAz3View.jpg

DarksealStudios ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2019 at 2:40 PM

ugh, sometimes it shows the same image twice instead of another image that is supposed to be there, oh well. last one then back to the topic at hand... halfnudestanding.jpg

LeeMoon ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2019 at 3:20 PM

No worries, Darkseal, regarding the male version. I'm patient and will wait for high quality products. Your previous figures are also outstanding. There are a few that pique my interest. Anyway, don't let me distract you from your work. It's always a joy to watch a developer show off their works-in-progrees, and I'm truly enjoying this thread.

GhengisFarb ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2019 at 4:34 PM

Well, my main attraction to her (other that she'll work in Poser which is a YUGE attraction) is that she has those THICK knees and legs. So many "anime" characters are pencily and waifish thin. And we all now how bad a waifish thin mint can be.

DarksealStudios ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2019 at 9:25 PM

LeeMoon - I need the distraction sometimes. It keeps me working more frequently, especially if I know people might be interested.

GhengisFarb - Yeah, I wanted more of an athletic build for a 20-30 something girl/woman. Also... I just liked the look when poking around in other peoples art. 😄

I had PT today, so I'm beat. I'll be picking back up tomorrow!

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2019 at 9:30 PM

Following with much interest.

CobraBlade ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2019 at 12:34 AM

Looks really good. The best advice I can provide to make it as commercially viable as possible is to try and include everything you can think of in the base package.

When character hunting to make my anime wrestling game I did like the look of Aiko Toon & Hiro Toon (Gen 3 figures). But while I really like the hair and clothes that came with them, there wasn't much there so couldn't create many characters. Then there wasn't much elsewhere that match the original style either, so I gave up on that idea.

Then I came across Maya's Anime Doll Kit. It pretty much already had everything you'd need for whatever characters you wanted to create with its hair and clothing pieces. From there I was happily hunting down any additional items I could get for them since I already had such a great base to start with and everything else I brought was just a bonus that expanded upon that.

Poser scripts by Snarlygribbly

GhengisFarb ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2019 at 7:07 AM · edited Wed, 03 July 2019 at 7:08 AM

CobraBlade posted at 5:00AM Wed, 03 July 2019 - #4355893

When character hunting to make my anime wrestling game I did like the look of Aiko Toon & Hiro Toon (Gen 3 figures). But while I really like the hair and clothes that came with them, there wasn't much there so couldn't create many characters. Then there wasn't much elsewhere that match the original style either, so I gave up on that idea.

Then I came across Maya's Anime Doll Kit. It pretty much already had everything you'd need for whatever characters you wanted to create with its hair and clothing pieces. From there I was happily hunting down any additional items I could get for them since I already had such a great base to start with and everything else I brought was just a bonus that expanded upon that.

I don't get what you people have against Aiko Toon, I saw this and I'm all "Oh no you didn't!" I just spent 35 minutes throwing AikoToon into Poser giving her Xenya hair for LaFemme, DeathBringer loin cloth for V4 (deceased - killed by DAZi regime because it could be used in Poser), Pirate Girl belt for Mavka (available here at Renderosity) and she wearing her AikoToon boots. Then threw in Summoner's Steam Reaper and Steam Ucorn for ambiance because you should never be lonely in Poser Only. [None of those elements for other figures were converted they were just conformed and adjusted with scale to AikoToon]SciFi-0001bRendo.jpg

quietrob ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2019 at 11:48 AM

That loincloth is a killer! I love it all! Thanks for posting these, DSeal and GhengisFarb! There is so much that can be done with these characters. The opportunities for mixing and matching realism with fantasy are endless.

DarksealStudios ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2019 at 7:48 PM

CobraBlade - That's what I'm thinking of doing for sure

GhengisFarb - awesome pic!!!!!

quiterob - it is endless! Thats why it's hard to think up what to do next. I think i have an idea though...

DarksealStudios ( ) posted Fri, 05 July 2019 at 7:46 PM

Quickie render to show some of the new clothing... lil-devilgirlsmall.jpg

DarksealStudios ( ) posted Sat, 06 July 2019 at 12:36 AM

One more, then I'll move on to more clothing

nightneonhgirlSMALL.jpg

quietrob ( ) posted Sat, 06 July 2019 at 2:01 PM · edited Sat, 06 July 2019 at 2:06 PM

DarksealStudios posted at 12:00PM Sat, 06 July 2019 - #4355850

ugh, sometimes it shows the same image twice instead of another image that is supposed to be there, oh well. last one then back to the topic at hand... halfnudestanding.jpg

This is my new favorite. The Postwork here is incredible. It's the proper blending needed for a painterly look or if you want to turn it into a high quality comic. And before I forget, the previous one WAS my new favorite. It reminded me to say that the Breassss morph for V4 is not only is the best breast morph out there (and a lot of them are very good) but the Breasss Morph also transfers copies to clothing like a dream. It's a must have if you're still using V4.

DarksealStudios ( ) posted Sun, 07 July 2019 at 4:29 AM

Thanks quiterob for the awesome words! Firefly gives me that painterly look when I want to go with this style. Glad you like Breassesses for V4 😄

LeeMoon ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2019 at 8:55 PM · edited Mon, 08 July 2019 at 8:55 PM

Darkseal, I'm just starting to tinker with one of your earlier figures (and a clothing set for him) that isn't available here. The images you posted in this thread got my interest up! Just purchased him today and am very happy with the delightful attention to detail, control handles, and ease of posing. I will certainly be looking forward to the new figure(s) given the satisfaction I'm seeing from the character and add-on thus far. Well done and thank you!

722 ( ) posted Tue, 09 July 2019 at 2:33 AM

I like your work . Here are some of the figure i have , and played with the Textures.Blue2.jpgBlue3.jpggreen.jpgyellow.jpgred.jpg I have some of bug boy latter. Love to have bio Armour for Dawn 2.0 and Le Fem

722 ( ) posted Tue, 09 July 2019 at 3:41 AM

Here's bug boy Bug Boy texture test2.pngBug Boy texture test.png

karanta ( ) posted Tue, 09 July 2019 at 4:54 AM · edited Tue, 09 July 2019 at 4:56 AM

I also love the chibi version. Very well done figure. And it's really great to see new figures! I'm definetly interested in her :)

My Renderosity Store

SpiritWolf448 ( ) posted Tue, 09 July 2019 at 4:52 PM

Late to the party. Sorry.

But yes, definitely interested in this one. makes a note to self

Run, wolf warrior, to realms eternal....

DarksealStudios ( ) posted Tue, 09 July 2019 at 8:34 PM · edited Tue, 09 July 2019 at 8:35 PM

Thanks All!

LeeMoon, glad to see you like one of my figures

722 - Lookin good!! Looks like you are tweaking those mats pretty easily.

karanta ans SpiritWolf448, thank you for letting me know you are interested!

If anyone has any kind of ideas or types/genre of clothing please feel free to post images/links. I'd like to know what clothing you'd like to see go with the figure. Now that the Holiday for summer is over I can get back to work. I'm working on a dress right now and will post it up when I'm done. I have a few more ideas of what to make for her, but I'd really like if the community (you all) would like to have for her. Thanks in advance!!

karanta ( ) posted Wed, 10 July 2019 at 3:06 AM

Where will you release her?

My Renderosity Store

DarksealStudios ( ) posted Wed, 10 July 2019 at 11:53 AM

I think I will release her here on Renderosity, since I created the thread here, but it's not 100% yet.

karanta ( ) posted Wed, 10 July 2019 at 1:06 PM
LeeMoon ( ) posted Wed, 10 July 2019 at 2:02 PM

DarksealStudios posted at 1:44PM Wed, 10 July 2019 - #4356626

Thanks All!

LeeMoon, glad to see you like one of my figures

Darkseal, I have several more of your creations in my wishlist. The Manga Man and Soldier for Manga Man were the products I just purchased. I wanted to see what kind of quality they were and how well they worked for me. I've got to say that I'm impressed. I love the style/look of that figure and the clothing. They render beautifully and I'm tinkering around in Poser Pro 2014 to get a render style that suits the character and my taste. Have a bit of an anomaly when switching between clothing or trying to use 2 Manga Man figures with different outfits. Might have made a mistake in installing something into the proper folder(s). Will double check and try to correct it myself.

I've always enjoyed browsing through the stores and looking at your various products. From my unique perspective, I had wanted to see much more information about what the products included (morphs, texture templates, pose sets, etc.) and that kept me from making a well informed purchase. A number of vendors put what I consider a minimum amount of information into their product descriptions. That's what makes me shy to purchase something. I have to see reviews, sample renders from purchasers or beta testers, and even non-artistic renders of the product before I feel comfortable buying it. That's not likely representative of (many) others and is more unique to me. Not a criticism, just a personal wish for my buying practices. Like I mentioned earlier, I am extremely impressed by Manga Man and the add-on Soldier for him. I'm also looking at picking up the Dark Knight suit as well, once I sort out the clothing anomaly I'm getting.

Can't wait to see how H Girl (and the male counterpart) develop. She's stunning already and the male base prototype looks fantastic. Keep up the extraordinary work and have an awesome day!

DarksealStudios ( ) posted Wed, 10 July 2019 at 3:59 PM

if you can describe your anomaly i will try to recreate on my end LeeMoon. Sometimes I get lazy when making my final product descriptions. It can be hard doing all the things it takes to make the figure. When it comes to promoting it and making the description and ad images sometimes I get lazy :( Some products I'll list everything, others I don't. I am inconsistent that way. The price will usually reflect what I feel to be right for the amount of morphs or clothing included in a figure. If it's like $10 it will have some basics, $12 it will have more, $15 more and maybe some advanced rigging, ...$20, etc, etc, etc... Usually the images will reflect many of the morphs as well, but not all unless I post a list in the image section of the product.

DarksealStudios ( ) posted Wed, 10 July 2019 at 4:02 PM

Here's another dynamic piece to include. Again, not textured, the different color reflects material zones (center, arms, legs, and main color) I'll start something more complex soon, I got to do a small side project first, I am always available for commissions 😇

drnamiclowcutdress1.jpg

LeeMoon ( ) posted Wed, 10 July 2019 at 6:08 PM

DarksealStudios posted at 5:53PM Wed, 10 July 2019 - #4356664

if you can describe your anomaly i will try to recreate on my end LeeMoon. Sometimes I get lazy when making my final product descriptions. It can be hard doing all the things it takes to make the figure. When it comes to promoting it and making the description and ad images sometimes I get lazy :( Some products I'll list everything, others I don't. I am inconsistent that way. The price will usually reflect what I feel to be right for the amount of morphs or clothing included in a figure. If it's like $10 it will have some basics, $12 it will have more, $15 more and maybe some advanced rigging, ...$20, etc, etc, etc... Usually the images will reflect many of the morphs as well, but not all unless I post a list in the image section of the product.

Thank you for the response, Darkseal. I don't want to hijack this thread with a support issue. What I observed was when changing the clothing on Manga Man, from say his Moon clothes to the Soldier clothes, the Soldier pants and shirt would come in as an untextured version of the Moon pants/shirt. Seems like Poser was being emotionally attached to the 2 pants.obj files and shirt.obj files. LOL! It's likely a bug in Poser. I think I've solved this by duplicating the Soldier pants.obj and shirt.obj geometry files and renaming them SoldierPants.obj and SoldierShirt.obj and doing the same with the .cr2 files. Then I made the filename adjustments in the .cr2 files. A quick test let me use both sets simultaneously on 2 loaded Manga Men and swap the clothing elements between them. It was a simple fix and nothing that I'm worried about. Might be good to note for other customers if they have this issue. Could just be me on the Mac with Poser Pro 2014. Thank you so much for the help! Much appreciated!

Yeah, I do a lot of research before buying something. I just like to know exactly what I'm getting or be reasonably sure about the purchase ahead of time. What you're showing us with respect to development renders and especially the morph dials gives me a lot of comfort in seeing what I will be able to control on the figure(s). Thank you for sharing those details as you continue to work on H Girl!

DarksealStudios ( ) posted Thu, 11 July 2019 at 12:20 AM

I'm glad you got it sorted LeeMoon, I can get lazy when naming things but if you have "deep" set in your preferences it "shouldn't happen"... though I've heard that before a few years ago about some other thing I made. Everything is in different folders in the geo runtime, so it REALLY shouldn't happen... poser be posering.

LeeMoon ( ) posted Thu, 11 July 2019 at 9:49 AM

DarksealStudios posted at 9:45AM Thu, 11 July 2019 - #4356691

I'm glad you got it sorted LeeMoon, ... poser be posering.

Yep, I had the library preferences set for Deep. Like you said, Poser be Posering. LOL! It was a super easy fix and took no time to do. I've been having a blast using Manga Man and will be getting the Dark Knight suit and more goodies from your store. Thank you for the excellent products!

DarksealStudios ( ) posted Thu, 11 July 2019 at 2:40 PM

LeeMoon posted at 2:39PM Thu, 11 July 2019 - #4356708

Thank you for the excellent products!

Thank you for taking the time to send me a review!

DarksealStudios ( ) posted Fri, 12 July 2019 at 4:45 PM · edited Fri, 12 July 2019 at 4:46 PM

I added a "ripped" morph for fun, painted a greyscale texture for eyes to be used with any diffuse color. just a quick render

ripped1.png

DarksealStudios ( ) posted Fri, 12 July 2019 at 7:28 PM

Patreon just requested a morph, so I put in... another quick render. I did over 20 morphs in the last 2 days, so it looks like i'll have to update that list eventually.

Octane samples 1712 elapsed 00-01-12.png

quietrob ( ) posted Fri, 12 July 2019 at 7:54 PM

Well, she is named H-Girl and that expression is perfect considering, no?

Ahe...No names mentioned TYVM

DarksealStudios ( ) posted Fri, 12 July 2019 at 8:06 PM

Yeah, still trying to find a more appropriate name if i'm gonna post on this store... I might just make it HGirl. Here's a black and white texture for making toon shaders I painted

Octane samples 1584 elapsed 00-00-20.png

DarksealStudios ( ) posted Fri, 12 July 2019 at 8:27 PM · edited Fri, 12 July 2019 at 8:31 PM

wip next set of clothing... still need a loin cloth, maybe some other stuff... we'll see how it develops.

wipbarbarian.jpg

DarksealStudios ( ) posted Fri, 12 July 2019 at 8:30 PM

i think that's enough for today.... i need a break! I expect to be able to get back to the swing of things after Monday... possibly Wednesday of next week. I havbe a busy schedual for the next few days ?

DarkSkills ( ) posted Wed, 17 July 2019 at 6:10 PM

Definitely liking what I'm seeing here!

Stay Focused.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.