Sun, Oct 6, 11:17 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: The New Wonder Woman Build Thread

rokket ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2019 at 10:15 PM

Wonder Woman.png I saved the morph so I could reuse it. I am still going to model the harness, but I really think she looks good without it.

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

rokket ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2019 at 10:42 PM

I wish I could delete that image. I forgot to take out one of the morphs on her legs and her knee guards are poking through. I am rendering the image again...

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

rokket ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2019 at 11:09 PM

Wonder Woman.png Better. And done.

jartz ( ) posted Tue, 09 July 2019 at 1:17 AM

I'm quite late to the party, but OMG, she's looking great! Lovely hair design and such an awesome outfit. So you did both dynamic and rig? Did you made the hair yourself?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus N50-600 - Intel Core i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz · Windows 10 Home/11 upgrade 64-bit · 16GB DDR4 RAM · 1TB SSD and 1TB HDD; Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 - 6GB GDDR5 VRAM; Software: Poser Pro 11x

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 09 July 2019 at 7:12 AM

I did both dynamic and rigged. The rigged costume works better because of the nature of it. No, I didn't make that hair.It's a Neftis hair for V4 that works well enough. I will be making hair for her, but it's going to be a long time down the road.

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Tue, 09 July 2019 at 11:10 AM

A splendid piece of work!

Miss B ( ) posted Tue, 09 July 2019 at 11:16 AM

Looking great rokket! 😉

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

movida ( ) posted Tue, 09 July 2019 at 1:12 PM · edited Tue, 09 July 2019 at 1:14 PM

she is gorgeous - congratulations I did like the original hand wraps :)

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 09 July 2019 at 4:43 PM

movida posted at 2:43PM Tue, 09 July 2019 - #4356591

she is gorgeous - congratulations I did like the original hand wraps :)

I liked them too, but I had issues making them fit, so I stopped messing with them. I am still trying to get the harness, though. I got a start on it at least.

BernieFB ( ) posted Wed, 10 July 2019 at 12:40 AM

rokket posted at 12:37AM Wed, 10 July 2019 - #4356407

ab.jpg

Vote: Yes, or No?

Years ago I proposed on a comicbook forum that Wonder Woman could wear a pair of cestus instead of re-designing her bracelets. Other fans argued against it. Ugh.

BernieFB ( ) posted Wed, 10 July 2019 at 12:41 AM

rokket posted at 12:41AM Wed, 10 July 2019 - #4356524

Wonder Woman.png Better. And done.

Great job!

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Wed, 10 July 2019 at 6:40 AM

She will fit very nicely in my runtime. Will she be released soon?

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 10 July 2019 at 4:44 PM

I have to clean up the cr2 files and get everything packaged up. I haven't run the whole costume through its paces, so I haven't messed with the weight mapping or anything yet.

She will be released, i just won't give a definite date yet.

Plus I am still trying to finish the harness, which is kicking my butt right now, and I am going to remodel the shield and sword to match the movie version of the shield, and the god killer.

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 11 July 2019 at 1:33 PM

It definitely looks incredible.

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 11 July 2019 at 4:06 PM

Thanks. I will post updates as I get things done. The harness is next on my list, but the shield and sword could come up if I get frustrated with the harness and drop it for awhile.

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 11 July 2019 at 5:06 PM

WIP.png There is more to the harness than first meets the eye. I managed to find some close up shots of where the harness connects at her hips, and these connectors are on both sides. She connects the lasso of truth to the right side. What is giving me fits is the strapping itself. I am thinking I will take it into Blender and use a spline to create it.

quietrob ( ) posted Fri, 12 July 2019 at 8:09 PM

Last Grocery run...Chili, cold chicken wings, sketti dinners, lemonade and coffee.

How is creating boots for the SM figures vs DAZ figures vs La Femme?

rokket ( ) posted Fri, 12 July 2019 at 8:15 PM

Boot heels are not as high as a high heeled shoe. So any of them I need to pre-pose the foot before modeling. I have only done V4 as far as DAZ is concerned, and you know I have done boots for a lot of Poser figures. LaFemme is pretty much the same as the rest. The rigging is easier because the weight maps are created so nicely.

rokket ( ) posted Fri, 12 July 2019 at 8:18 PM

Others can chime in. This is just my experience.

quietrob ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2019 at 3:42 AM

A random chance for knowledge. On this and other threads, weightmapping and rigging solutions have been discussed. I always thought that weight mapping aided in the proper bending of the joints as well inflating the proper muscle. i.e. Bend the forearm and your bicep inflates. If that's correct, how does that affect rigging heels/shoes?

rokket ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2019 at 4:44 AM

Pretty much the same way. You have to go in and tweak it, especially if you are using a donor rig. If you are rigging from scratch, just paint the maps until the shoe/heel is moving and bending with your character naturally and without too much in the way of bulging or inflating where it's not supposed to.

rokket ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2019 at 4:47 AM

When I did the suit for Wonder Woman, I had to go in and take out almost all of the weight maps that affected the skirt part of it, because when I did a side to side with the thighs, the front panels were deforming with the movement. I didn't want them to move hardly at all, so I took out the side to side movement. They still bend forward and backward the way they are supposed to. If she bends backward, to say, dodge a bullet a la The Matrix, the panels fall onto her thighs. Same if she bends forward. Adjusting the joint center and painting out the top parts of the weight maps on the panels got them where I wanted them.

Eric Walters ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2019 at 11:17 AM

Wow! Looking great Rokket!

rokket ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2019 at 11:22 AM

Eric Walters posted at 9:22AM Sat, 13 July 2019 - #4356880

Wow! Looking great Rokket!

Thanks!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.