Fri, Sep 20, 4:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: How to buy a removed product?

novelist999 ( ) posted Thu, 29 August 2019 at 11:46 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 4:26 AM

Is there any way to buy something that is no longer available in the marketplace? I want to buy these earrings. https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/es-winter-earrings/102379

novelist999 ( ) posted Thu, 29 August 2019 at 11:54 AM

Or these ones. https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/es---reinvention---for-es-winter-earrings/102489

EClark1894 ( ) posted Thu, 29 August 2019 at 11:56 AM

Only 2 ways I can think of would be to get the store to contact the vendor for you, or you contact the vendor yourself.

novelist999 ( ) posted Thu, 29 August 2019 at 12:05 PM

[EClark1894]

I'll try that. Thanks.

Miss B ( ) posted Thu, 29 August 2019 at 1:35 PM

I have often, over the years I've been buying content here, often wondered why items that are no longer available are still showing up in the store. I can't tell you how many times I've been disappointed when I saw the Unavailable button instead of the Purchase button.

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

EClark1894 ( ) posted Thu, 29 August 2019 at 2:26 PM

Miss B posted at 3:24PM Thu, 29 August 2019 - #4360752

I have often, over the years I've been buying content here, often wondered why items that are no longer available are still showing up in the store. I can't tell you how many times I've been disappointed when I saw the Unavailable button instead of the Purchase button.

Either the store or the vendor can tell you why it is no longer in the store. The vendor may sell or even give you a copy of the product.

novelist999 ( ) posted Thu, 29 August 2019 at 2:30 PM

Miss B posted at 2:29PM Thu, 29 August 2019 - #4360752

Yeah, me too. And I see so many things that I wish I could still buy.

novelist999 ( ) posted Thu, 29 August 2019 at 2:32 PM

EClark1894 posted at 2:30PM Thu, 29 August 2019 - #4360760

Either the store or the vendor can tell you why it is no longer in the store. The vendor may sell or even give you a copy of the product.

Yeah. I wrote to the vendor.

Miss B ( ) posted Thu, 29 August 2019 at 5:30 PM · edited Thu, 29 August 2019 at 5:31 PM

EClark1894 posted at 6:29PM Thu, 29 August 2019 - #4360760

Yes, I think I've done that before, but I've also had no luck because the vendor had gotten rid of it because it was old, and she/he didn't want to support it anymore.

Butterfly Dezignz

willyb53 ( ) posted Thu, 29 August 2019 at 8:46 PM

HI,

I 'think' that the items no longer for sale are still showing is that people that had ordered the product are still allowed to download it. Rendo keeps items available for those who have purchased it at some time.

Bill

People that know everything by definition can not learn anything

yarp ( ) posted Fri, 30 August 2019 at 12:53 AM

Same for me. I happened more than once that item I had plan to purchase were not available anymore. There are many items I would purchase if they were on sale again.
Last year Renderosity did re-open some old products for sale. It was a reeal feast for me.
Unfortunately you can't purchase everything I suppose :)

Yarp - author of P3DO Organizer for Poser

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 30 August 2019 at 8:15 AM

willyb53 posted at 8:13AM Fri, 30 August 2019 - #4360792

HI,

I 'think' that the items no longer for sale are still showing is that people that had ordered the product are still allowed to download it. Rendo keeps items available for those who have purchased it at some time.

That's probably it, but you'd think they could make those products not visible to those who haven't purchased them.

This is the first thing I ever bought at Rosity:

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/?ViewProduct=4736

?

ssgbryan ( ) posted Fri, 30 August 2019 at 12:13 PM

They would be even smarter to keep that content available for sale. People's buying habits change over time. Since I don't do pin-up art, most of what is currently made here useless for what I do. The 100 - 150 USD I used to spend here every month is now going to DAZ.

It is a pain to convert that content to use in Poser, but I don't really have a choice

Miss B ( ) posted Fri, 30 August 2019 at 12:51 PM

willyb53 posted at 1:48PM Fri, 30 August 2019 - #4360792

HI,

Bill

But we access those from "our" accounts, not directly from the store's product page. I can understand if they're tied together, and if removing the product page would remove all the product downloads for those who had purchased the item, but why does it have to show??? I can't believe there isn't a way to have the product page sitting on the server somewhere without being viewable by the general public.

Butterfly Dezignz

Penguinisto ( ) posted Fri, 30 August 2019 at 1:44 PM

Well...

Point the First: People drift away, drop off, change email addys and bank accounts, decide to not sell here anymore, or (well, given our ages here) die. Let's say that Rendo makes a sale, but the vendor is incommunicado - so where do the royalty checks go? While yes there's stuff like Escrow accounts, it's easier and legally safer to just not sell the thing anymore.

Point The Second: It's still visible because (my speculation, nothing more) like others have mentioned, Rendo still makes it available for download for purchasers, unlike stuff they do have to pull from the store completely due to any serious issues (technical, legal, etc - anyone else not see any of their purchased-then-refunded ByteMeOk gear in their download list? Yeah, me neither.) I'm guessing they still show it in case of any legal issue related research comes up as well.

Point The Third: Keeping it up there allows purchasers to go back and research stuff about it w/o having to hunt down a long-since-probably-deleted README file titled with a cryptic long-forgotten filename. So it lets you know things like: who was the vendor? What was it supposed to look like? What files were originally included? What were its original dependencies? What could it go with? Where did all the files originally go? You know, stuff like that...

Miss B ( ) posted Fri, 30 August 2019 at 8:20 PM · edited Fri, 30 August 2019 at 8:21 PM

Penguinisto posted at 9:15PM Fri, 30 August 2019 - #4360855

What was it supposed to look like?

One of the main reasons I have ALWAYS (and not just here at Renderosity) saved the main promo file of EVERYTHING I have ever purchased online over the past 19+ years. I never remember what something looks like if I haven't used it in quite a while, especially if I'm on a new computer, and haven't as yet reinstalled everything I used to have on the old computer. That promo image is an instant reminder, and since I save it with the vendor's name, that answers both those questions quick, and easy.

Butterfly Dezignz

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 31 August 2019 at 7:17 AM

Miss B posted at 7:14AM Sat, 31 August 2019 - #4360875

Penguinisto posted at 9:15PM Fri, 30 August 2019 - #4360855

What was it supposed to look like?

One of the main reasons I have ALWAYS (and not just here at Renderosity) saved the main promo file of EVERYTHING I have ever purchased online over the past 19+ years. I never remember what something looks like if I haven't used it in quite a while, especially if I'm on a new computer, and haven't as yet reinstalled everything I used to have on the old computer. That promo image is an instant reminder, and since I save it with the vendor's name, that answers both those questions quick, and easy.

A very good idea. I can look up an item if I bought it here or at DAZ or Hivewire. The product pages for stuff I bought at PoserPros, 3dCommune, RDNA, Cornucopia3D, etc. are long gone.

DreaminGirl ( ) posted Sat, 31 August 2019 at 10:08 AM

Saving the promos will only give you the promos. Still having access to the page will give you reviews, gallery images and other useful info that is changing. So I like that I can still access the pages. Some years ago they briefly stopped keeping those pages available, and lots of people complained.

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Sat, 31 August 2019 at 2:53 PM

I for one need to access store pages for items that are no longer being sold because I have to provide credit for merchant resources I use in my products - and I just unzipped a lot of them without the readme files at some point, so now I have to go digging my account's item list to find which package something I used belongs to. That's just one of the uses for them being kept there.

In my experience though, I can only reach the product pages if I A) click the link in my past purchases history or B) search for the item on Google. Renderosity itself doesn't show for me in the store or search any item that is no longer available. Not sure why it's showing up for some of you.

Also on why some items are deleted: sometimes it's not that the vendor isn't available or asked for something to be removed - items go into clearance and then get deleted if they go for several months without a single purchase. Pretty sure it's to clean up Renderosity's servers and store.

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

quietrob ( ) posted Sat, 31 August 2019 at 3:09 PM

Sorcha by Jojo. It shows up on Google and will link to the store with the dreaded unavailable tag. I want that morph cuz I love A4. But for the OP, the Vendor is still active and has products for some other application in his store.

I heard of deals being made with Vendors. Not only that, some vendors really came through after my hard drive crash. I did have the reciepts to their private stores for most but not all. I say give it a shot. Vendors like Yanelis, Sixius1, Predatron, Karanta, Karth and Dark Seal are amazingly talented and amazingly nice. If you weren't mentioned it's just cuz I can't list everyone that showed me kindness like Ironman13. They don't even produce for Poser anymore but they haven't forgotten us.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sat, 31 August 2019 at 3:39 PM

I recall that I had a hard drive crash a few years ago, and I lost several items from CP. Obviously, I couldn't just redownload the product from CP, but I knew who the vendor was and I had the order number. After contacting the vendor and providing the order number, I was given a link to redownload the product by the vendor.

SeanMartin ( ) posted Sun, 01 September 2019 at 10:50 AM

Or do it like DAZ does (one of the few things it does right, but anyway...) — it's in your download library, but marked inactive, and it's removed from the store. If you purchased it, you can still get it from your downloads, but it's gone invisible for everyone else.

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Sun, 01 September 2019 at 11:02 AM · edited Sun, 01 September 2019 at 11:02 AM

In a couple of cases I wrote to the vendor about some morphs I wanted but they either no longer had the items or said they were not going to 'bring them up to date'. They were all morphs for V4, who isn't exactly 'up to date' herself. I have a little list of things I missed and would love to have...

Redfern ( ) posted Wed, 04 September 2019 at 2:54 PM

Yeah, there are several clothing items for Aiko 3 which also could be used upon "Melody for A3" (Littlefox's CatGirl figure) which I'd love to get, but have LONG been "retired" and pleas to the maker/vendor go unanswered.

I was extremely lucky to finally reach JoeQuick as he once offered a "film noir" styled trench coat for Michael 4. But it took at least a couple of months before I successfully established a line of communications. More time I've been greeted only with silence because the maker has "left" this site though their membership implies otherwise..

Sincerely,

Bill

Tempt the Hand of Fate and it'll give you the "finger"!

MKDAWUSS ( ) posted Wed, 04 September 2019 at 10:12 PM

And here I was thinking they only became available once again on select Rendo sale periods where they let you buy discontinued items.

CobraBlade ( ) posted Fri, 06 September 2019 at 9:13 PM

I absolutely hate the clearance system with a passion. I know I have already brought this up before in this post, but that's how much I hate it. I can't express this enough.

It should be up to a vendor when/if they want to remove an item from here.

Poser scripts by Snarlygribbly

DreaminGirl ( ) posted Fri, 06 September 2019 at 11:50 PM

Regarding the clearance system, it is no longer in effect, and has not been for a couple of years. Items are no longer put in clearance unless the vendor ask for it! At the same time, they also allowed for any item that has been deactivated, to be activated again if the vendor ask for it. See something no longer for sale that you want? Ask the vendor if they would like to reactivate it. They might choose to do so, they might not, that's up to them.

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 07 September 2019 at 8:58 AM

DreaminGirl posted at 8:58AM Sat, 07 September 2019 - #4361357

Regarding the clearance system, it is no longer in effect, and has not been for a couple of years. Items are no longer put in clearance unless the vendor ask for it! At the same time, they also allowed for any item that has been deactivated, to be activated again if the vendor ask for it. See something no longer for sale that you want? Ask the vendor if they would like to reactivate it. They might choose to do so, they might not, that's up to them.

Interesting. I had no clue that was the case. Good news!

Miss B ( ) posted Sat, 07 September 2019 at 11:38 AM

I agree, very good news indeed.

Butterfly Dezignz

Penguinisto ( ) posted Sat, 07 September 2019 at 2:16 PM

DreaminGirl posted at 12:13PM Sat, 07 September 2019 - #4361357

See something no longer for sale that you want? Ask the vendor if they would like to reactivate it. They might choose to do so, they might not, that's up to them.

*raises hand...

So, umm, what about discontinued SmithMicro items (cough NearMe cough) and RDNA items that didn't belong to any one third-party vendor?

DreaminGirl ( ) posted Sat, 07 September 2019 at 2:37 PM

Penguinisto posted at 9:36PM Sat, 07 September 2019 - #4361388

DreaminGirl posted at 12:13PM Sat, 07 September 2019 - #4361357

See something no longer for sale that you want? Ask the vendor if they would like to reactivate it. They might choose to do so, they might not, that's up to them.

*raises hand...

So, umm, what about discontinued SmithMicro items (cough NearMe cough) and RDNA items that didn't belong to any one third-party vendor?

What? We're talking about Renderosity here. They are not responsible for other marketplaces..

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 07 September 2019 at 4:50 PM

Smith Micro moved all their stuff to Renderosity when Content Paradise shut down. I don't know if that included NearMe (I bought her from CP years ago). Or if Smith Micro is still here as a vendor. Did Rosity get all their products with the sale? That could be cool. They might put Near Me up for sale...or include her in Poser?

Penguinisto ( ) posted Sat, 07 September 2019 at 8:43 PM

DreaminGirl posted at 6:40PM Sat, 07 September 2019 - #4361390

What? We're talking about Renderosity here. They are not responsible for other marketplaces..

What Randy said - Rendo bought all of Smith Micro's Poser/Poser-related stuff (assuming this includes their ContentParadise items), and if I remember right, they did the same with RDNA's inventory when RDNA dissovled.

DAZ did much the same when they absorbed PoserPros long ago.

Individual vendors' stuff of course belongs to said vendors, but Content Paradise (Smith Micro) had a few items for sale that they themselves owned (as did RDNA). And that is why I asked.

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 07 September 2019 at 9:49 PM

I did some poking around. The vendor formerly known as Smith Micro is now known as Poser_Software. Among their products is...the Poser software. And a bunch of stuff that used to be for sale at Content Paradise, like Miki 4, the G2 figures, all those animals that were once weekly freebies, etc. The Smith Micro and sometimes Content Paradise watermarks are still on the promo images.

And a couple of the products are Moho add-ons, which I assume still belong to Smith Micro. So maybe there are some things still to iron out.

I did not see NearMe among the products, and I don't she ever migrated from CP. She was created by e-Frontier, so I don't know why she's not for sale. I can't believe the old CP guinea pig sold better than NearMe, and that's still for sale.

DreaminGirl ( ) posted Sat, 07 September 2019 at 10:31 PM

Penguinisto posted at 5:29AM Sun, 08 September 2019 - #4361417

DreaminGirl posted at 6:40PM Sat, 07 September 2019 - #4361390

What Randy said - Rendo bought all of Smith Micro's Poser/Poser-related stuff (assuming this includes their ContentParadise items), and if I remember right, they did the same with RDNA's inventory when RDNA dissovled.

DAZ did much the same when they absorbed PoserPros long ago.

Individual vendors' stuff of course belongs to said vendors, but Content Paradise (Smith Micro) had a few items for sale that they themselves owned (as did RDNA). And that is why I asked.

Items brought over from CP to Rendo will follow the same rules (but ONLY the stuff brought over, if SM owned the products, they are most likely ported over, if owned by other vendors, it was up to the individual owner if they wanted to port it over or not), as for RDNA, you have to ask Daz3D..

DreaminGirl ( ) posted Sun, 08 September 2019 at 12:00 AM

NearMe was created by efrontier, and was probably not licensed to be moved over from CP, just like Terai Yuki 2. From what I understand, Smith micro didn't own the products from efrontier, they just had the license to sell them. I could be wrong, you'd have to ask them

Penguinisto ( ) posted Sun, 08 September 2019 at 11:38 AM · edited Sun, 08 September 2019 at 11:39 AM

DreaminGirl posted at 9:35AM Sun, 08 September 2019 - #4361424

NearMe was created by efrontier, and was probably not licensed to be moved over from CP, just like Terai Yuki 2. From what I understand, Smith micro didn't own the products from efrontier, they just had the license to sell them. I could be wrong, you'd have to ask them

Quite possible, though it would be a shame (not for that one figure, but for all of them... inventory, especially decent pro-made stuff, is always a nice thing to have hanging around.)

I have the NearMe mesh and a huge bucket of stuff for it thanks to the awesome folks in Japan who went all-out to make freebies for it, but I wanted to see it and similar items back on the market so that folks would be inspired to make even more stuff for it... I can unlimber the ol' Rhino application and make stuff for it, I suppose...

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Mon, 09 September 2019 at 9:11 AM

NearMe was adorable - I never had the chance to purchase her, but I remember loving renders of her I saw around. I wonder how she'd look in Superfly. Wish she could be brought back.

- - - - - - 

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Penguinisto ( ) posted Mon, 09 September 2019 at 4:44 PM

She is cute as all get-out. I originally got it long ago for my step-sprog (err, stepdaughter... she's 24 now), when she wanted to get into CG - she stopped messing around with CG, but I stumbled across it when I was salvaging stuff out of a stack of old hard drives I came across. It's cute as hell, and I stumbled across a few pix she had made with it along the way... (think I'll print it out and stick it on the fridge just to mess with her and her mother the next time she comes up to visit...)

Spooky-000a.png

randym77 ( ) posted Mon, 09 September 2019 at 5:08 PM · edited Mon, 09 September 2019 at 5:09 PM

NearMe came with two textures, one for "Illustration" and one "Cartoon."

Here's both versions using Blackhearted's studio lighting and his recommended Superfly settings. Kind of overkill for NearMe...

nearmeSF.png

And here's a Superfly render (same settings), using flat "toon" lighting that dates from Poser 4.

nearmetoon.png

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Mon, 09 September 2019 at 6:02 PM

Yeah, the illustration type doesn't match well with Superfly I think.

Thanks for the examples tho!

- - - - - - 

Penguinisto ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2019 at 8:18 PM

Oh, small update: I did find that NearMe is still for sale on eFrontier's site. Just note that the site is in Kanji (Japanese), and that the purchase price is in Yen/JPY (Though they're only charging $18.03 USD at this morning's exchange rate):

http://efrontier.shop14.makeshop.jp/shopdetail/000000000424/ct10/page1/recommend/

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2019 at 8:59 PM

Interesting. I paid $16 for her back in 2007, FWIW.

Penguinisto ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2019 at 9:33 PM

...shipping fees? Japan's a long ways off. ;)

(the $18.03 figure, or 1944 JPY, is the tax/VAT-included price. Non-tax/duty-free/non-VAT price is 1800 JPY, or $16.71)

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2019 at 10:10 PM

So, basically 0% inflation in 12 years. ;-)

EClark1894 ( ) posted Fri, 27 September 2019 at 9:09 PM

Hmm, looks like you can get a Terai Yuki figure pack at that same site for 4,104 yen. I think that's $38.00 USD.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.