Fri, Oct 4, 12:16 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 8:39 am)

Subject: How can I get Poser 11.2 to use the Runtime folder in directory?

MikeMoss ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 8:36 AM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 12:16 PM

That's my problem, I have done the install twice, in different ways but is puts the Runtime folder on my C: drive in my Users forder even though I have intructed it (I thought) to put content in the Poser Dirctory.

I want it to use the Runtime thats already in the Poser 11.2 directory.

I tried adding it as an alternate directory but is doesn't show up in the Poser library menu.

Whe I tried adding it again it said is was already added but it's not in the menu.

How do I get it to use the Runtime in my Poser Folder which is on my D: drive?

I've had problems with this before I don't want all those files on my C: drive.

Any help aprieciated.

Mike

If you shoot a mime, do you need a silencer?

MikeMoss ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 8:40 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2019 at 8:43 AM

PS. I have all the content downloaded and ready to install including all the legacy stuff it works if I put it in the Runtime on C: but I can't get it to see the one on D:Poser 11.2Runtime

I notice that the forum leave out all my backslants?

ghostman ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 8:53 AM

You need to add it as a new Runtime in your library i'm afraid. So just open the little plus sign up on the right in your library and browse to the runtime to add it.

"Dream like you'll live forever. Live like you'll die tomorrow."

Join PoserLounge Chat

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 9:01 AM

It sounds like he tried that.

I tried adding it as an alternate directory but is doesn't show up in the Poser library menu.

Whe I tried adding it again it said is was already added but it's not in the menu.

There was someone else complaining about a similar problem. Maybe this is an actual bug?

ghostman ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 9:04 AM

No it works since i've done it my self several times.

Join PoserLounge Chat

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 9:18 AM

Sure, but just because it works for you doesn't necessarily mean it works for everyone. It's the nature of bugs. If they happened to everyone, every time, they'd have been caught by now.

ghostman ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 9:20 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2019 at 9:21 AM

randym77 posted at 4:20PM Thu, 19 September 2019 - #4362648

Sure, but just because it works for you doesn't necessarily mean it works for everyone. It's the nature of bugs. If they happened to everyone, every time, they'd have been caught by now.

True that. My wrong.

Join PoserLounge Chat

Snarlygribbly ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 10:14 AM
  1. Check that you're adding the external runtime correctly by choosing the actual runtime folder, not the parent.
  2. Check that you have set Poser to show ALL libraries, because it may be set to show only one
  3. Check the LibraryPrefs.xml file to see what Poser thinks your library choices are. This file can be edited manually if need be (but make a backup first!)

Free stuff @ https://poser.cobrablade.net/

MikeMoss ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 12:05 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2019 at 12:11 PM

Hi

I figured it out, the problem was that on my 4k monitor the interface was so small I couldn't see the little arrow that brings up the dropdown list to select the new Runtime it was almost invisable.

Once I enlarged my interface to 125% I could see the arrow which let's you select a different Runtime that gives you a list that shows only that Runtimes entries.

I don't know why it doesn't make the built in runtime the default and let you chose otherwise if you wish.

I still have a lot of work to do, I think I would have not chosen to install all the stuff that tries to sell you stuff if I had known what I was doing I may start over and try to get it back to basics with my own stuff back in.

I may have to make the interface even bigger.

I would have liked to not have uninstalled my old version but it wouldn't continue until I did, even in a new directory.

DCArt ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2019 at 2:09 PM

Once I enlarged my interface to 125% I could see the arrow which let's you select a different Runtime that gives you a list that shows only that Runtimes entries.

If you have a 4K monitor, use 200%

As for the install issues, see my response here

MikeMoss ( ) posted Fri, 20 September 2019 at 12:27 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2019 at 12:27 PM

Hi

I can see the stuff pretty well on my 3440 by 1440 monitor at 124% without the interface getting in the way. But I do think I'll try 133%

Mike

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.