Thu, Sep 19, 4:43 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 4:23 pm)

Subject: what I would most like to see

Jin_Yindao ( ) posted Sun, 20 October 2019 at 8:19 PM · edited Fri, 12 July 2024 at 2:01 PM

First would like to see the hair room fixed so that hair does not penetrate the model, Never have got it to work for animations which is frustrating. Even if use two stands, one will always penetrate the model, even if the scull cap is slightly away from model.

Next would like to see an easy way to send part of the figure to a program of my choice to morph. When I try, I get the message "No facet"

and last would like to see documentation as to what each and every node does so know how to use them to enhance renders

Dive into Fantasy and Ride the Waves

I have many scenes in my head, but non of those are on paper.
I have yet to learn to bring those to life.
The ones that I give life, are not those I see

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sun, 20 October 2019 at 8:31 PM

The Reference Manual details what each and every node does in Poser.

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 20 October 2019 at 9:19 PM
Online Now!

What's lacking the manual pertaining to the material room nodes is the correct way to implement each node in connection to the PoserSurface and other associated nodes. Examples would, at least, guide you through basic node construction without involving too much math knowledge.

Jin_Yindao ( ) posted Mon, 21 October 2019 at 1:53 AM

@eclark1894, it doesn't tell you if it goes before or after another node. It doesn't tell you which nodes work in conjunction of which other node. It took weeks to figure out how to add a tattoo to a figure without having to edit the original image. still trying to figure out how to add a tattoo to two overlapping images like part is on legs, and part is on hip and getting right.

Dive into Fantasy and Ride the Waves

I have many scenes in my head, but non of those are on paper.
I have yet to learn to bring those to life.
The ones that I give life, are not those I see

EClark1894 ( ) posted Mon, 21 October 2019 at 4:04 AM · edited Mon, 21 October 2019 at 4:08 AM

So you want documentation on what each node does individually, AND what each node will do if you plug into each other node and what they will do together? Yeah, good luck with that. I don't mean to sound flippant, but that seems more of an experimentation, trial by error type of thing. Even if you write it down, judging from how many people actually don't read the manual, no will ever read the documentation.

ghostship2 ( ) posted Mon, 21 October 2019 at 10:22 PM

blender mat tutes on Youtube are helpful. Look for Blender Guru.

W10, Ryzen 5 1600x, 16Gb,RTX2060Super+GTX980, PP11, 11.3.740

EClark1894 ( ) posted Tue, 22 October 2019 at 7:03 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2019 at 7:10 AM

This comes directly from the Reference Manual and describes in one word, "infinite", why it would be "difficult" at best to write down all the interactions between nodes:

Material Room Node Connections The Advanced view of the Material room uses a plug system to connect nodes together. Node inputs typically appear on the right side of a node’s palette, and the node output typically appears in the upper-left corner of the node palette.

image.png

Node inputs and outputs. You can link nodes to other nodes, thereby controlling one node’s input with another node’s output. This interaction between nodes is at the heart of the Material room’s functionality and provides nearly infinite flexibility. Node interaction works by plugging values or colors from one node into another. Although only one node’s output can be connected to another node’s input at the same time, there is no theoretical limit to how deep these interactions can go. Available memory and CPU speed will play a role in setting practical limits.

Also, I can't speak intelligently on Firefly, as I never got to into it, but Cycles nodes tend to "gray out" to prevent you from plugging the wrong input to the node. I would assume Firefly does the same, but that's only an assumption at this point.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.