Thu, Oct 3, 12:16 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Welcome to the Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd

Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 03 11:45 am)

banner

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: DSON Importer - Genesis 2 Figures Can't hide body parts?

mmitchell_houston ( ) posted Tue, 22 October 2019 at 1:23 PM · edited Thu, 03 October 2024 at 10:27 AM

I just recently started playing around with the Genesis 2 figures. DSON does a pretty good job of importing the figures, but once I have the figure in Poser Pro 11.2, I run into a weird problem.

I cannot hide individual body parts.

For example, I had some poke through on the G2F fig, so I wanted to hide her forearm and hips. But I couldn't do it. I selected the body part in the Hierarchy Editor and then tried to toggle off the visibility – and it didn't work. So next I clicked on the body part and then used the Properties panel and clicked off the checkbox for Visibility. That didn't work, either.

The only thing I can do is hide/show the ENTIRE body (that works fine). But individual body parts? Nope.

Anyone experience this, and is there a workaround?

- - - - - - - - - -
System: 
Alienware m16 R2 Laptop | Windows 11 Home | 64GB RAM |  Intel Core Ultra 7 155H 1.40 GHz | Nvidia RTX 4070 Laptop GPU 8GB 4608 CUDA Cores
mikemitchellonline.blogspot.com   |   Poser Noir Comics Tutorial   |   Illustrations Honored by Renderosity

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 22 October 2019 at 1:36 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2019 at 1:38 PM

Forearms work for me, however, you need to select the pelvis to make the hip invisible. Make sure that her subdivision is off. That may interfere with the viewing.

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 22 October 2019 at 1:47 PM

image.png

mmitchell_houston ( ) posted Tue, 22 October 2019 at 5:30 PM

hborre posted at 5:29PM Tue, 22 October 2019 - #4367999

image.png

Thanks. I tried each of the three Sub Division options, and I got the same results each time. In other words, I still cannot hide the individual body parts. Any other possible culprits?

- - - - - - - - - -
System: 
Alienware m16 R2 Laptop | Windows 11 Home | 64GB RAM |  Intel Core Ultra 7 155H 1.40 GHz | Nvidia RTX 4070 Laptop GPU 8GB 4608 CUDA Cores
mikemitchellonline.blogspot.com   |   Poser Noir Comics Tutorial   |   Illustrations Honored by Renderosity

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 22 October 2019 at 9:58 PM

I just tried a new scene with a fresh G2F and I still get the response, whichever body part I select to turn invisible will do so in the Hierarchy window. The only thing I can suggest is clearing the preferences cache and reload the figure. I am assuming that you are loading the Genesis 2 figure from the Poser CF files, right?

an0malaus ( ) posted Wed, 23 October 2019 at 4:13 AM

It may not be immediately obvious which named body part actually contains the geometry you want to hide in a DSON imported Genesis figure within Poser. Since dual-quaternion rigging requires that the twist axis be done on a different body part. The specific limbs affected by this are the shoulders, split into lShldrBend and lShldrTwist, forearms, split into lForearmBend and lForearmTwist, and the thighs, split into lThighBend and lThighTwist actors, with identical splits on the right side of the body. One of those two (Bend or Twist) will have the geometry you need to hide. I don't remember exactly which.

My ShareCG Stuff

Verbosity: Profusely promulgating Graham's number epics of complete and utter verbiage by the metric monkey barrel.

mmitchell_houston ( ) posted Wed, 23 October 2019 at 1:11 PM

an0malaus posted at 1:09PM Wed, 23 October 2019 - #4368061

It may not be immediately obvious which named body part actually contains the geometry you want to hide in a DSON imported Genesis figure within Poser. Since dual-quaternion rigging requires that the twist axis be done on a different body part. The specific limbs affected by this are the shoulders, split into lShldrBend and lShldrTwist, forearms, split into lForearmBend and lForearmTwist, and the thighs, split into lThighBend and lThighTwist actors, with identical splits on the right side of the body. One of those two (Bend or Twist) will have the geometry you need to hide. I don't remember exactly which.

I'm not seeing any of the body parts you mentioned. This is what I see:

Right Shoulder

• Right ForeArm
    • Right ForeArmEndPnt

Were you describing the parts of Genesis or Genesis 2?

- - - - - - - - - -
System: 

mmitchell_houston ( ) posted Wed, 23 October 2019 at 1:31 PM

hborre posted at 1:20PM Wed, 23 October 2019 - #4368048

I just tried a new scene with a fresh G2F and I still get the response, whichever body part I select to turn invisible will do so in the Hierarchy window. The only thing I can suggest is clearing the preferences cache and reload the figure. I am assuming that you are loading the Genesis 2 figure from the Poser CF files, right?

To confirm, yest, I'm loading the characters from the CF files (I double-checked). Apparently, the problem is coming from the fact that, even though I am selecting the 'Subdivision Off' option, it is still on.

I cleared the Undo/Redo cache under preferences. Then I cleared the DSON Importer cache. Neither of those fixed the problem: I keep importing the figure with Subdivision turned on.

- - - - - - - - - -
System: 

mmitchell_houston ( ) posted Wed, 23 October 2019 at 1:34 PM

hborre posted at 1:31PM Wed, 23 October 2019 - #4368048

I DID FIND A WORKAROUND

Subdivision_Screenshot.jpg

Load the figure with Subdivision on.

1. Then use the Hierarchy Editor and turn off the body part in question.
  2. With that body part selected, go to the Parameters for that part and set the SubDivision Exclude dial to 1.

The body part will then be hidden.

- - - - - - - - - -
System: 

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 23 October 2019 at 6:50 PM

Glad you figured out your issue on your system. As I said, my G2F responds exactly as it is supposed like any other figure. At least we have a solution. YAY.

mmitchell_houston ( ) posted Thu, 24 October 2019 at 12:37 AM

hborre posted at 12:36AM Thu, 24 October 2019 - #4368156

Glad you figured out your issue on your system. As I said, my G2F responds exactly as it is supposed like any other figure. At least we have a solution. YAY.

Yeah, it's weird. But I thought documenting the solution would be helpful to others.

- - - - - - - - - -
System: 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.