Sun, Oct 6, 5:39 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 29 9:32 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: an idea for converting poser weight maps to triax

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Mon, 28 October 2019 at 7:09 PM · edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 4:44 PM

if poser, ds, and carrara use the same color scheme in it's weightmapping

and if we knew the value of the color, a red for example. seeing red, yellow, green

and if we knew the value of that red poly

it should be as simple as a search and replace

a poser red value for a carrara red value

using a relational database would be simple for it swap the number.

the only program language i know is vba for access and excel. microsoft gives the access runtime engine for free. basically,

import a text file, swap numbers etc, output a report to a new text file, named with the appropriate file .extension .

thinking of making one that could do the blended or triax weight conversion,

examined a bunch of figure files,

so far the weight on each axis is the same exact numbers.

problem is, still need ds to uncompress files.

it is possible to call winzip or 7zip to run in a shell in the database.

while the rar trick works on car and cbr files, it doesn't work on duf or dsf files.

the dson editor automatically reads a compressed file, dunno how d3d did it. : kissing_heart:

At least the ds uncompress script can run on a whole folder theres also a batch script in ds to convert dsa to duf files, dsa material presets dont run in carrara, needs to be duf

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

headwax. ( ) posted Mon, 28 October 2019 at 7:15 PM

love your mind work Mysty, thank you!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.