Mon, Sep 9, 5:36 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Customers

Welcome to the MarketPlace Customers Forum

Forum Moderators: tim, msansing, ebasham

MarketPlace Customers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 08 1:12 am)

Contact and Support Information:

To reach our Marketplace staff, please open a support ticket at
support.renderosity.com

Our goal is to respond to support tickets within 24 hours, 7 days a week.

Subject: Please Add 32-BIT SUPPORT DROPPED To Poser Store Pages

3dcheapskate ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2019 at 4:00 AM · edited Mon, 02 September 2024 at 4:49 AM

Full details of the reasons in this thread - Unable to install 11.2 on a 32-bit machine (11.1 was fine)

Something like this would suffice...

norefund.jpg

The 3Dcheapskate* occasionally posts sensible stuff. Usually by accident.
And it usually uses Poser 11, with units set to inches. Except when it's using Poser 6 or PP2014, or when its units are set to PNU.

*also available in ShareCG, DAZ, and HiveWire3D flavours (the DeviantArt and CGBytes flavour have been discontinued).

3dcheapskate ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2019 at 4:12 AM

This forum software is extremely aggravating !

The title of this thread is:

Please Add "32-BIT SUPPORT DROPPED" To All Poser Store Pages

And it usually uses Poser 11, with units set to inches. Except when it's using Poser 6 or PP2014, or when its units are set to PNU.

*also available in ShareCG, DAZ, and HiveWire3D flavours (the DeviantArt and CGBytes flavour have been discontinued).

wheatpenny ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2019 at 10:08 AM
Site Admin

Edited to fix the title of the thread.

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

jennblake ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2019 at 12:37 PM

This line is in the description of the product page:

(64-bit OS required for installation)

Jenn

3dcheapskate ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2019 at 5:36 PM · edited Wed, 25 September 2019 at 5:39 PM

Thanks Jenn, although a more accurate (honest?) statement would have been "We've amended this statement on the product page to read:" because yesterday it said "(64-bit OS required for 64-bit installation)" as the screenshot here shows.Personally I would have also removed the 'for installation' so that the Windows requirements simply read "(64-bit OS required)"

But I can't argue with your amended text, since it's absolutely true. A 64-bit Windows OS is required for installation. And if you can't install it then you obviously can't run it.

I'm just slightly disappointed (but not at all surprised) that Renderosity think this is sufficient, when a simple "Poser 11.2 no longer provides 32 bit support" at the top of those pages would be absolutely, unambiguously, 100% clear.

jennblake ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2019 at 5:43 PM

I was not trying to say it was there previously. I edited it and let you know it is now there.

3dcheapskate ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2019 at 12:31 AM

My apologies Jenn. 😇

KageRyu ( ) posted Sun, 03 November 2019 at 1:07 AM

While it is a shame to see 32 bit support gone (same for WinXP support TBH) I do need to ask how many 32 bit machines are still out in circulation? I do not think many are still made new are they? I know I was still using 32 bit for my workstation 2 years ago, but it was a 10 year old machine and I just simply am too poor to upgrade often. Even when that particular machine was built, 64 bit existed, but was still not widely supported in the consumer market (Windows XP64 just came out and was bug ridden and problematic) and I made the call to go with 32 bit. And while I do have many 32 bit machines as backups and file servers, at their maximum memory cap they could barely handle some of my work in Poser Pro(7) and Poser 2012 made them cry - queue manager for 2012 and 2014 often crashed on them, or ran so slowly because of the need for heavy page file use. It is hard for me to imagine many still wanting to use Poser, or most any 3D software on a 32 bit machine these days.

I am not asking to be difficult, I am honestly curious if many still use or buy 32 bit hardware these days?

The New HD Toaster from Wamco toasts bread more evenly and acurately than Standard Toasters. Take advantage of the FULL resolution of your bread and try one today, because if your toast isn't in High Definition, you are not getting the most of your toast!

hornet3d ( ) posted Sun, 03 November 2019 at 5:13 AM
Online Now!

theKageRyu posted at 11:10AM Sun, 03 November 2019 - #4369030

While it is a shame to see 32 bit support gone (same for WinXP support TBH) I do need to ask how many 32 bit machines are still out in circulation? I do not think many are still made new are they? I know I was still using 32 bit for my workstation 2 years ago, but it was a 10 year old machine and I just simply am too poor to upgrade often. Even when that particular machine was built, 64 bit existed, but was still not widely supported in the consumer market (Windows XP64 just came out and was bug ridden and problematic) and I made the call to go with 32 bit. And while I do have many 32 bit machines as backups and file servers, at their maximum memory cap they could barely handle some of my work in Poser Pro(7) and Poser 2012 made them cry - queue manager for 2012 and 2014 often crashed on them, or ran so slowly because of the need for heavy page file use. It is hard for me to imagine many still wanting to use Poser, or most any 3D software on a 32 bit machine these days.

I am not asking to be difficult, I am honestly curious if many still use or buy 32 bit hardware these days?

A couple of years ago I worked in a computer shop and we often tried to make one good computer out of some of the faulty machines left with us. The idea was to make a little more money, recycle some of the working pieces and also give people on a very tight budget access to a computer, even if a low spec one. Even then we never recycled 32 bit equipment and, if I am correct it has not been made for ten years or so.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

FlagonsWorkshop ( ) posted Wed, 06 November 2019 at 1:14 PM

The last Intel chip for PC's that did not have 64 bit support was the Pentium 4 which finished it's run in 2008. So yes, you are talking at least a 10 year old computer. Note: Some Pentium 4's did support 64 bit, that's just the last chip Intel made that didn't. For embedded computing 32 bit chips still exist, you will not find those in PC's.

That isn't to say people weren't running 32 bit OS on 64 bit platforms, there is no reason you couldn't still do that. Except of course it would be extremely stupi... er "inefficient" to do so.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.