Fri, Oct 4, 12:20 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 8:39 am)

Subject: How do I get rid of the message missing file when I load some files?

MikeMoss ( ) posted Tue, 17 December 2019 at 11:00 PM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 12:20 PM

Hi

That's my question, I'm assuming the files is missing but I don't know what it's for since the job loads if I tell it to stop searching for it. I've had this over the years with a variety of files right now it's the...

cylTex.obj

file, what I want to know is how to try and clear the message and have it remember I don't want to load the file.

You would think that if I load the file and resave it, it would clear it but it doesn't. This is complicated because I have both Poser 11 Pro, and Poser 2014 Pro installed and several Runtime folders. I just finished figuring out which ones I'm using by changer the names to Runtime X and determining which ones don't load in Poser.

Know I'm going to try and find the file and place it someplace easy to connect to and see if that does it but I seems that there should be a way to clear the record, I've had this over the years with different files types in many different versions of Poser.

I finally decided to see what's going on! I've had it do this with everything deleted from the Poser file and there is no objects on the screen.

I think this happens when I load something and then decide to remove it.

Mike

If you shoot a mime, do you need a silencer?

structure ( ) posted Tue, 17 December 2019 at 11:50 PM · edited Tue, 17 December 2019 at 11:51 PM
Forum Coordinator

to resolve this issue you can

1. you can use voidtools everything to search for the file.

2. if this file is referencing an object in the scene that is no longer there. once you have loaded the scene - find the attached prop/figure ( looks like a cylinder ) edit the materials so that they no longer need the missing texture - resave the file.

3. Reinstall the offending item.

Locked Out

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Wed, 18 December 2019 at 12:08 AM

All Poser files have a line which indicates where the object file is stored on the system. It looks like this:

figureResFile :Runtime:Geometries:unrealBlue:Gymnastic Slippers.obj (in a CR2)

or this:

objFileGeom 0 0 :Runtime:Geometries:Glitterati:LaFemme:Gi_Poet:gi_lflhpoethat.obj (in a prop file)

the same it true for texture files with their own path.

All of these files can return an error if the files are not in the proper place and Poser can't find it when pointed in those lines.

The solution is to open the file, look at the location and move the files to the proper location. Or change the location to the place where they are actually found.

ironsoul ( ) posted Wed, 18 December 2019 at 12:29 AM · edited Wed, 18 December 2019 at 12:36 AM
Online Now!

structure posted at 6:26AM Wed, 18 December 2019 - #4373702

to resolve this issue you can

1. you can use voidtools everything to search for the file.

2. if this file is referencing an object in the scene that is no longer there. once you have loaded the scene - find the attached prop/figure ( looks like a cylinder ) edit the materials so that they no longer need the missing texture - resave the file.

3. Reinstall the offending item.

voidtools - what does this do when run?

quietrob ( ) posted Wed, 18 December 2019 at 12:36 AM

@MikeMoss Can you tell us what products you are using in the scene or perhaps what exactly is missing if you cancel the search by clicking NO and letting everything else load. I did a search for cylTex.obj thinking it might be the DAZ cyclorama but nothing came up. Perhaps someone else has the same products as you.

Otherwise I use Glitterati's method number 2. Have it reference a renamed null obj, make it invisible and then move on. Works for textures as well.

MikeMoss ( ) posted Wed, 18 December 2019 at 2:50 AM

Hi, Thanks for the help.

I found the file in Poser 14 Pro.

When I placed the file and directed it to the location a cylinder with a Texture on it appeared. The texture was what was missing.

I'm getting some other things like that show an error even when I open a new window, I think I will clean it out and start from scratch after backing up my files.

I started to have problems when I updated from 11 to 11 Pro. I must have screwed it up somehow.

Mike .

MikeMoss ( ) posted Wed, 18 December 2019 at 2:08 PM · edited Wed, 18 December 2019 at 2:18 PM

Hi, I'm back...

I have reinstalled Poser and Poser Support files the basic install is fine everything works great, but now I get back to my problem, I believe where I got off before. I installed my support files I saw all the files being installed but they are not in the Runtime directory.

Only a few basic files are installed and they are on drive C.

It gave me no options as to where to install the support files which I wanted in the Runtime in the D:PoserRuntime.

It did place Poser in the directory I indicated D:Poser If I reinstall the support files again how do I get it to put them in the logical place, or at least figure out where they are? I'll start searching when I get done typing this.

I always hate installing poser because it won't just let you specify an address for your support files and its own runtime.

All I got was a button that I couldn't uncheck. No Option to select an address.

PS, I notice that this forum delets puncuation like backslants etc?

Mike

MikeMoss ( ) posted Wed, 18 December 2019 at 9:28 PM

Hi, again.

I tried to find where the files ended up, but I didn't have any luck with the searching.
I placed one of my back-up runtimes in the D:Poser Runtime directory and it showed up in Poser as Poser in the Runtime list.

I think that everything is pretty much in place I'm going to go through my saved files again and see what connects but it's working.

I'd still like to know where it did install the content files, I could merge then into the Runtime and see it there are ones that are missing. Last time not all the lights were there. I think this was easier when I was not 81!

I didn't think of searching for Poser Content? I'll try that.

Mike

structure ( ) posted Wed, 18 December 2019 at 9:45 PM
Forum Coordinator

@4373705 Everything is a search program by voidtools, it is much faster and finds more than the default windows search.

when you installed did you leave the default directory for your runtime or did you change it? Some people have had issues using the default location, I suggest moving your default runtime to another drive when you are installing it.

Locked Out

structure ( ) posted Wed, 18 December 2019 at 9:45 PM
Forum Coordinator

Locked Out

MikeMoss ( ) posted Thu, 19 December 2019 at 2:44 AM · edited Thu, 19 December 2019 at 2:45 AM

Hi, I looked online to see if I could find some info, I see that many people are having the same issues, I thought it was just me. I'm going to start over in the morning.

I'm looking for some good instructions that tell me exactly how and where to install the components.

I installed the Program, on drive D then when I installed the Content it said it was going to install in the default location. I did not have any option to tell it where that was going to be.

When I opened the program none of the content was in Poser.

I installed an old runtime but not surprisingly many ".Obj files" etc were missing.

I want to know how to do a new install and have the content in or connected to Poser so that all the new content is available!

This was all working fine until the update. I'm installing on the latest Windows 10 Pro.

Thanks

Mike

MikeMoss ( ) posted Thu, 19 December 2019 at 12:55 PM

Hi, I finally got it working.

I had to install everything one class at a time via separate install files as I did from the Smith Micro downloader. That let me stipulate that the material was to be installed to the Runtime directory in the Poser 11 folder. Once I did that I was able to select them in Poser and have them show on the menu.

All they would have to do to fix this it let you chose where to install the update for the content during the process.

Mike

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.