Mon, Sep 30, 9:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Freestuff

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, RedPhantom, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Freestuff F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 29 8:29 pm)

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum. The Freestuff Forum is intended for all  freestuff related postings within our community. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review, announce and give feedback in greater detail on various freestuff items offered.  Members can also post wishes of freestuff items they would like to see.

Notice: Links to offsite 'For Sale' items will be removed

Renderosity Free Stuff Area

Free Stuff Gallery

Free Stuff Guidelines

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Program to search through content

KeithTX ( ) posted Wed, 18 December 2019 at 1:34 PM · edited Mon, 30 September 2024 at 9:24 AM

I got tired of trying to figure what 3D content I had so I wrote a little program that lets me search through it using different criteria. It works well for me so I thought others might want to use it (free of course). You have to manually add your content information which may be off-putting for some, but the benefit is how quickly and easily you can find things using detailed search criteria.

You can get more info and download it from here

You can check out the help file here

Keith

Cobbler3D ( ) posted Wed, 18 December 2019 at 10:31 PM

Thanks Keith I have downloaded it and will give it a spin. I'm a software developer by trade and have been kicking around developing my own content management system and would love to see how others have tackled this beast.

Torquinox ( ) posted Thu, 19 December 2019 at 1:00 AM · edited Thu, 19 December 2019 at 1:02 AM

Thanks Keith! Sounds interesting.

Thalek ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2019 at 4:13 PM

I've been very fond of PzDB, but I'm not certain if it's supported or in development any longer. I certainly hope it is.

Nick2000 ( ) posted Tue, 24 December 2019 at 4:14 PM

Has potential, but the main drawback IMHO is having to add the items in the db. I tested it out and find it not very intuitive. Maybe a way to scan a db and provide a list with subcategories that can be chosen to cut down the time and extensive data entry by manual means. PzDB had potential, but not updated or anything now. Pity.

P3DO works but also needs a better way to categorize and scan a db too.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.