Wed, Sep 18, 8:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Upgrading to Poser 11.2 and Keeping PP2014

movida ( ) posted Thu, 26 December 2019 at 10:25 PM

A_Sunbeam: are you getting any error message or does it just refuse to stay open? Does it open at all?

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Fri, 27 December 2019 at 1:01 AM

Poser opens, but Library says (1) no flash installed, get it, or (2) flash out of date, or (3) plug-in blocked, depending on which flash I'm trying. Have followed Firefox instructions for unblocking flash but no joy there either. This is on OS 10.14. Safari recognises flash plug-in but brings up a permission panel which will not go away.

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Fri, 27 December 2019 at 2:41 AM

Tried again, deleting installed flash and installing latest version - and this time it says 'plug-in failure' (and a report appears to send to Apple). Have also checked on MacBook running El Capitan and the flash works and I can use PPro 2014 on that. Maybe the problem has something to do with the OS on the iMac? I have a copy of the report to Apple if anyone would like to check it.

movida ( ) posted Fri, 27 December 2019 at 5:51 AM · edited Fri, 27 December 2019 at 5:53 AM

I know less than nothing about MAC's :) You're going to have to keep at the Flash situation, because that's the problem. Search Poser incompatibility with the OS or Flash incompatibility etc.,

movida ( ) posted Fri, 27 December 2019 at 6:10 AM

Could it be Kinect? There's a thread here about error message (Wacro error) for Kinect (windows) and it's been discontinued for windows. Don't know about MAC

Azath ( ) posted Fri, 27 December 2019 at 6:56 AM

You might be able to solve that issue using the XL - eXtended Library or the ShaderWorks Library Manager 2 the 3rd alternative is loading your assets directly from the explorer by drag and dropping them into Poser

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Fri, 27 December 2019 at 7:11 AM

Well I've got round the problem by altering 'Launch behaviour' to 'external'. The Library now loads in a floating window. Library Manager 2 gave me error messages. I've got XL somewhere; will check that as well. Thanks for the suggestions.

Azath ( ) posted Fri, 27 December 2019 at 7:27 AM

pyton script adaptions For PP 2014 >>

open the relevant script from the "ScriptsMenu" subfolders using Notepad ++ (or similar) and under:

ver = int(ver)

insert (on a new line):

if ver >= 10: ver = 9

This works for all Netherworks Pytons might also work for other versions

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Mon, 30 December 2019 at 1:37 PM

I note, by the way, that gate's account has been deleted. No reason given, though it would appear he had been rather critical of both LaFemme and LHomme. ....

Rhia474 ( ) posted Mon, 30 December 2019 at 2:31 PM
Online Now!

Owners of private websites do not need to give reasons for account bans/deletion, although in this case it may have to do creating multiple accounts after ban and deletion of original.

I have been pretty critical as well regarding L'Homme yet look, I am still here. Several others as well (though you can't find more of the post after a big thread has been deleted by the thread starter as was her right). I don't think constructive feedback and criticism would cause Bondware/Rendo to start deleting accounts of paying customers.

SeanMartin ( ) posted Mon, 30 December 2019 at 3:30 PM

A_Sunbeam posted at 4:30PM Mon, 30 December 2019 - #4375004

I note, by the way, that gate's account has been deleted. No reason given, though it would appear he had been rather critical of both LaFemme and LHomme. ....

No, there was the issue that he was distributing model meshes from games that he'd re-rigged for Poser.

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Tue, 31 December 2019 at 12:11 AM

SeanMartin posted at 6:07AM Tue, 31 December 2019 - #4375014

No, there was the issue that he was distributing model meshes from games that he'd re-rigged for Poser.

Ah. Was that ever proven, though?

Anyway, back to topic, the external library works just fine for my PoserPro 2014. Thanks to those who posted replies. Happy New Year!

Kerya ( ) posted Tue, 31 December 2019 at 2:49 AM

A_Sunbeam posted at 2:46AM Tue, 31 December 2019 - #4375042

SeanMartin posted at 6:07AM Tue, 31 December 2019 - #4375014

Ah. Was that ever proven, though?

Anyway, back to topic, the external library works just fine for my PoserPro 2014. Thanks to those who posted replies. Happy New Year!

No, it never was proven ... it's just one of those rumours that are getting out of hand.

As for PP2014: the internal library uses Flash, the external uses Adobe Air, which is probably why it is working.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.