Mon, Jul 8, 6:19 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / New Poser Users Help

Welcome to the New Poser Users Help Forum

Forum Moderators: Anim8dtoon, RedPhantom, Staff

New Poser Users Help F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 07 11:30 am)

New to Poser? Ask questions here for expert help!

Subject: Using Dynamic Clothing

Cosmasad1 ( ) posted Thu, 19 December 2019 at 3:02 PM · edited Mon, 08 July 2024 at 5:09 AM

Can someone please tell me where/ how I can learn to place Dynamic clothing? I'm relatively new to Poser and downlaoded the Regency Dress from FRQ Dynamics for LaFemme and tried to use the Cloth room to conform it and I think failed, because when I changed the pose the dress didn't move. Is there a video somewhere or an explanation for this? Thank you.

donnena ( ) posted Thu, 19 December 2019 at 3:15 PM

dynamic cloth is good for the pose you draped the dress in... if you change the pose, you have to re-run the simulation!

;>

Andy!

kobaltkween ( ) posted Sun, 05 January 2020 at 12:43 PM

Did you look at its instructions and tips? If so, at what point did you get confused?

hornet3d ( ) posted Mon, 06 January 2020 at 10:11 AM

That is a good question from Kobaltkween as it is easy to get confused with dynamic clothing, at least I have found it easy. It is worth spending the time to get if to work though as the results are much better than conforming if the pose is a little more complex than the norm. It is also great as the clothing can interact with the scene. I always set the pose and run the simulation and bring the props to the figure in the later part of the simulation. What I mean by that is, if it is a sitting pose for example, I would bring the chair towards the figure rather than the other way around.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

kobaltkween ( ) posted Mon, 06 January 2020 at 3:28 PM

Well, and the product says it comes with instructions and tips. If costathomas followed those and had a problem, that's a lot different than not knowing where to begin.

hornet3d ( ) posted Tue, 07 January 2020 at 5:03 AM

kobaltkween posted at 10:32AM Tue, 07 January 2020 - #4375688

Well, and the product says it comes with instructions and tips. If costathomas followed those and had a problem, that's a lot different than not knowing where to begin.

I don't have the the Regency Dress in question but I do have a few of the dresses from Frequency my latest purchase being FRQ Dynamics: Acolyte Dress which is also shown as including 'Instructions and Cloth Room tips'. In addition to the readme document there are two PDFs one with a title of 'DynamicCloth - tips&tricks - extra' and one entitled 'Instructions - Acolyte Dress'. The first is a good general description for anyone starting with the cloth room and the second concentrates on the on dress in particular, for example it describes how to use an included morph for poses where the arms are extended above the head. As I am no longer a beginner to the cloth room it is hard to judge how a newcomer would see this but it does looks as though the information provided is extensive. It is text based so maybe harder than having images such as the images included with your 'Classic Contemporary 01 for Dawn' but is far more extensive than many other such products, some costing a lot more.

I felt your question was a good one in that I did not totally understand the difficulty costathomas was having. Taken at face value it would appear that costathomas had managed to run the simulation correctly but was then surprised when the dress stayed as it was when the pose was changed. If that is correct then the belief was that, after the simulation, the dress would work just as it it would if it had been conforming. I however wondered if costathomas was in fact keeping the pose but moving the figure was was surprised that the dress did not move with the figure. That is not what was said and it could just be my senile mind at play but I thought clarification would be useful.

The other reason for responding was also to try and encourage costathomas to stick with it, it took my many attempts to get my head around the cloth room but I am so glad I got there in the end. There are poses and scenes where Dynamic clothes are just far more realistic than conforming. You obviously know the cloth room very well along with it's benefits, it was good you answered the thread and I was just trying to add my support, small as it is due to my limited knowledge.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.