Wed, Sep 18, 8:24 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Comic Stuff

quietrob ( ) posted Sat, 14 December 2019 at 4:07 PM · edited Sat, 14 December 2019 at 4:13 PM

Ohh, Tres au calme! C'est si Bon.

Now I want to know who is the stranger in the corner. Once I know I'll still be drawn (so to speak) into that comic's house. I see you also saved it as a Template. Smart work. The title can go anywhere, in any form as not to obscure the art. The top stuff is pretty stable. Are you using ComicLife, Gimp, or CS6?

By the way, that figure in the corner looks tough. Just plain tough. Hey! Sitemail!

Here is a freebie... Unapproved CCA.jpg

quietrob ( ) posted Sat, 14 December 2019 at 4:21 PM

rokket posted at 2:19PM Sat, 14 December 2019 - #4373300

Spider Gwen is done. I will be to sea until after Christmas, so I will have to wait a couple weeks until I can post the final render.

In the meantime, I am going to play with making it a toon.

Absolutely looking forward to seeing her! The work in progress was so good. I can't wait to see the final version!

🐪

knyghtmare2021 ( ) posted Sat, 14 December 2019 at 4:37 PM

quietrob posted at 4:36PM Sat, 14 December 2019 - #4373346

Ohh, Tres au calme! C'est si Bon.

Now I want to know who is the stranger in the corner. Once I know I'll still be drawn (so to speak) into that comic's house. I see you also saved it as a Template. Smart work. The title can go anywhere, in any form as not to obscure the art. The top stuff is pretty stable. Are you using ComicLife, Gimp, or CS6?

By the way, that figure in the corner looks tough. Just plain tough. Hey! Sitemail!

Here is a freebie... Unapproved CCA.jpg Stranger in the corner is The Knyghtmare lol

knyghtmare2021 ( ) posted Sat, 14 December 2019 at 4:52 PM

Cover10.jpg

The new and improved cover for Issue 10. Gotta say, I love the new elements!

quietrob ( ) posted Sat, 14 December 2019 at 6:27 PM

knyghtmare2021 posted at 4:20PM Sat, 14 December 2019 - #4373363

Cover10.jpg

Heck Yeah! The extra information really works. You have a bad/good guy that creates mystery in the corner. You get the rebel-I'm not fitting in a box with the UNAPPROVED Label and the title now tilts toward the genre you're working in. Without knowing what the story was about, I was thinking elves and perhaps something not so dark. The entire cover looks more traditional but professional. Pretty good! It just struck me that it's information and that puts our cortex to work. I mean, now I HAVE to know what is an Everstar (Original name. That is not easy) Nicely done!

knyghtmare2021 ( ) posted Sat, 14 December 2019 at 7:46 PM

quietrob posted at 6:34PM Sat, 14 December 2019 - #4373370

knyghtmare2021 posted at 4:20PM Sat, 14 December 2019 - #4373363

Cover10.jpg

Heck Yeah! The extra information really works. You have a bad/good guy that creates mystery in the corner. You get the rebel-I'm not fitting in a box with the UNAPPROVED Label and the title now tilts toward the genre you're working in. Without knowing what the story was about, I was thinking elves and perhaps something not so dark. The entire cover looks more traditional but professional. Pretty good! It just struck me that it's information and that puts our cortex to work. I mean, now I HAVE to know what is an Everstar (Original name. That is not easy) Nicely done!

Well, as far as the context of the current arc, you're not wrong (Elves). But the over all theme is much better represented by the new cover format. So much so, I went and redid all the covers for the first nine issues and replaced them on the website. They all look so much better.

rokket ( ) posted Sat, 14 December 2019 at 8:52 PM

quietrob posted at 6:50PM Sat, 14 December 2019 - #4373349

rokket posted at 2:19PM Sat, 14 December 2019 - #4373300

Spider Gwen is done. I will be to sea until after Christmas, so I will have to wait a couple weeks until I can post the final render.

In the meantime, I am going to play with making it a toon.

Absolutely looking forward to seeing her! The work in progress was so good. I can't wait to see the final version!

🐪

It's a rare (for me) action pose. I usually just do some sort of majestic hero pose and don't do action poses when I post WIP's or finished costumes. But it's Spider Gwen. The costume begs to be in action.

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

knyghtmare2021 ( ) posted Wed, 18 December 2019 at 4:33 AM

KM in Library.png

Just a fun render of the Knyghtmare in one of the sets I've built using various elements. I hope ya like it!

quietrob ( ) posted Wed, 18 December 2019 at 12:32 PM

Dude looks menacing enough. He has a Grave Robber (The wrestler) feel to him. I can almost feel his very outfit coming to life to snare his opponents for a well deserved thrashing. Nice set by the way. Don't containers come in handy as your building a scene?

knyghtmare2021 ( ) posted Wed, 18 December 2019 at 12:49 PM · edited Wed, 18 December 2019 at 12:51 PM

quietrob posted at 12:48PM Wed, 18 December 2019 - #4373736

Dude looks menacing enough. He has a Grave Robber (The wrestler) feel to him. I can almost feel his very outfit coming to life to snare his opponents for a well deserved thrashing. Nice set by the way. Don't containers come in handy as your building a scene?

Not far off the mark, as that is not an outfit, at least in the context of the store. That's him. And yes, containers make for great scene fillers lol

Do you, by chance, mean The Undertaker?

quietrob ( ) posted Wed, 18 December 2019 at 1:25 PM

knyghtmare2021 posted at 11:22AM Wed, 18 December 2019 - #4373739

Not far off the mark, as that is not an outfit, at least in the context of the store. That's him. And yes, containers make for great scene fillers lol

That's him? Makes him more scary. And yes The Undertaker is exactly who I meant. Dude was freakin' scary enough but he used to drag around a coffin with him for his victims. Something that has been copied in Anime and Kung Fu films. I don't really know who did it first but he did it best. You know, I can only imagine his opponents fear when they realize (or find out the hard way) that isn't his outfit.

knyghtmare2021 ( ) posted Wed, 18 December 2019 at 1:32 PM

quietrob posted at 1:32PM Wed, 18 December 2019 - #4373740

knyghtmare2021 posted at 11:22AM Wed, 18 December 2019 - #4373739

That's him? Makes him more scary. And yes The Undertaker is exactly who I meant. Dude was freakin' scary enough but he used to drag around a coffin with him for his victims. Something that has been copied in Anime and Kung Fu films. I don't really know who did it first but he did it best. You know, I can only imagine his opponents fear when they realize (or find out the hard way) that isn't his outfit.

HEHEHE.

We should collaborate on a story sometime.

knyghtmare2021 ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2019 at 8:46 AM

Eddensville cityscape, the city a good majority of LOTK takes place in. Made from various city/building sets. Some free, some bought.

Eddensville.png

knyghtmare2021 ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2019 at 2:00 PM

The above scene is gonna get some MASSIVE changes in the next few days. Stay tuned.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2019 at 3:35 PM

If you know how, you could use GIMP or Photoshop to put the text on the cover BEHIND any elements you don't want obscured.

knyghtmare2021 ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2019 at 3:55 PM

EClark1894 posted at 3:54PM Mon, 23 December 2019 - #4374218

If you know how, you could use GIMP or Photoshop to put the text on the cover BEHIND any elements you don't want obscured.

Yeah, I've used that trick before. I don't use it often. I don't want it to be over-used.

knyghtmare2021 ( ) posted Tue, 24 December 2019 at 1:31 PM · edited Tue, 24 December 2019 at 1:32 PM

The rebuilt Magic Shop first Floor. I've been busy this morning.... Magic shop NEW.png

Front door.png

knyghtmare2021 ( ) posted Sat, 04 January 2020 at 3:47 PM

Eddensville.png

Pandora's Box exterior.png

2nd World 3D does some quality work. Cityscape (Eddensville in the comic) is Polygon City. Magic Shop (Pandora's Box) is more piecemeal. But looks great in the larger city scene

knyghtmare2021 ( ) posted Sun, 05 January 2020 at 5:53 AM

I forgot to mention the Magic shop is a FULL interior and exterior scene with interior and exterior lighting.

quietrob ( ) posted Tue, 07 January 2020 at 12:25 PM

Oh that Cityscape is all that I thought it was. I went for Limo's that were so gorgeous but it turned out they were not optimized for Poser. Luckily for me, Kanaa is as kind as he is talented. As soon as he optimizes for Poser, I'm going to break my piggy bank again. That meant that I missed the Cityscape at 50 percent off.

As for the rest, Nice posts! I'd say more and hopefully I will but I'm going for surgery in about 3 hours and I had dream last night. That dream was me being united in great joy with the love of my life who passed almost 2 years ago. My dreams often tell the future. If only they would tell me who will win the Super Bowl this year. (I predicted the Ravens will win the Super Bowl)

Just wanted to let you know that you're not alone and why I've been gone.

Eddie (rokket) if I really don't make it...you get my runtimes. Over a terabyte. Each.

HartyBart, I forgive you for calling me a swine in my own thread. Eclark, I'd like one more epic battle that forces the mods to delete posts and issue warnings to both of us again. Ha!

Sam Therapy...don't get cocky. Have a Niknak. (Great Post Retro and Ghost)

Say a Prayer...wish me luck...sacrifice a goat...whatever works for you, Y'all.

knyghtmare2021 ( ) posted Tue, 07 January 2020 at 3:24 PM

quietrob posted at 3:24PM Tue, 07 January 2020 - #4375804

Oh that Cityscape is all that I thought it was. I went for Limo's that were so gorgeous but it turned out they were not optimized for Poser. Luckily for me, Kanaa is as kind as he is talented. As soon as he optimizes for Poser, I'm going to break my piggy bank again. That meant that I missed the Cityscape at 50 percent off.

As for the rest, Nice posts! I'd say more and hopefully I will but I'm going for surgery in about 3 hours and I had dream last night. That dream was me being united in great joy with the love of my life who passed almost 2 years ago. My dreams often tell the future. If only they would tell me who will win the Super Bowl this year. (I predicted the Ravens will win the Super Bowl)

Just wanted to let you know that you're not alone and why I've been gone.

Eddie (rokket) if I really don't make it...you get my runtimes. Over a terabyte. Each.

HartyBart, I forgive you for calling me a swine in my own thread. Eclark, I'd like one more epic battle that forces the mods to delete posts and issue warnings to both of us again. Ha!

Sam Therapy...don't get cocky. Have a Niknak. (Great Post Retro and Ghost)

Say a Prayer...wish me luck...sacrifice a goat...whatever works for you, Y'all.

Best wishes, Rob. Hope you pull thru.

SeanMartin ( ) posted Tue, 07 January 2020 at 9:46 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

Sorry for not posting of late, but going through a period of extreme self-doubt about the quality of my work after devoting so much time and energy to it.

I'll get over it, I'm sure, but right now... life as a comics artist kinda sucks, and not in a good way.

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 08 January 2020 at 11:31 PM

Been trying to get my laptop ashore so I can upload Gwen Stacy again... I am in Thailand, not for fun, for work. And getting off the ship while things are still open that don't feature girls in tight dresses and various adult beverages is a difficult thing to do. And I am too old and too married to entertain the ladies. So I wait until I can take a Saturday or Sunday off...

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

Boni ( ) posted Thu, 09 January 2020 at 5:58 PM

Just to add a couple renders of comic style I'm using inside of Poser ...

toon2.png

ToonTest.png

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

rokket ( ) posted Sat, 11 January 2020 at 2:24 AM

SpiderGwen.jpgSpiderGwen2.jpg The promised shots of Spider Gwen in action. I didn't toon them because I am not going to use her in a comic, but I had to create the costume.

knyghtmare2021 ( ) posted Fri, 17 January 2020 at 8:06 AM

KM on Bridge.png

I've had this image in my head since I bought Polygon City. Turned out just as I'd hoped!

rokket ( ) posted Fri, 17 January 2020 at 8:10 AM

Very nice work.

knyghtmare2021 ( ) posted Sun, 19 January 2020 at 5:43 AM

Corridor.pngtest 2.pngtwo story room.png

I've come a long way in a short time in regards to set design and lighting

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sun, 19 January 2020 at 12:57 PM

knyghtmare2021 posted at 1:55PM Sun, 19 January 2020 - #4376920

KM on Bridge.png

I've had this image in my head since I bought Polygon City. Turned out just as I'd hoped!

Question: Are you using Wind Force or is your Knyghtmare coat modeled to look like it's flapping in the breeze?

knyghtmare2021 ( ) posted Sun, 19 January 2020 at 1:22 PM · edited Sun, 19 January 2020 at 1:23 PM

EClark1894 posted at 1:21PM Sun, 19 January 2020 - #4377157

Question: Are you using Wind Force or is your Knyghtmare coat modeled to look like it's flapping in the breeze?

Its rigged lol. Its actual the Veronica Year 3 Coat for V3 converted to M4

knyghtmare2021 ( ) posted Wed, 22 January 2020 at 4:27 AM

New SNAZZY webcomic banner....

Banner.jpg

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 29 January 2020 at 11:53 PM

We need a like button here... Nice work, Knyghtmare2021.

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 29 January 2020 at 11:56 PM · edited Wed, 29 January 2020 at 11:56 PM

ww.png

So, every once in awhile I get an urge to re-imagine already established comic characters. I did this as a second skin suit, and the boots are a bit clunky. But the boots, bracers and tiara and belt are all rigged. The lasso (I could have done a better job with that, but it is what it is) is smart propped to the belt.

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 29 January 2020 at 11:59 PM · edited Thu, 30 January 2020 at 12:01 AM

Green Lantern.png

The only character they left out of Justice League. It should have been Hal or John, not a lantern from 1000 years ago only mentioned in passing...

This is a really fast thrown together second skin suit. I am currently trying to decide if I just model a suit or fix the errors and issues with the second skin. The boots and ring are props for M4 that I already had in my runtime. The mask was another quicky just to see what it would look like. If I decide to finish this, I'll make a second skin mask to go along with the suit. That way, I don't have to worry about how it fits around the eyes.

knyghtmare2021 ( ) posted Thu, 30 January 2020 at 5:50 AM

Tony Fort Exterior.png

Another exterior shot from LOTK. This is Tony's 'fort', an abandoned research facility he bought and made into his home/bunker/base of operations. I've already posted images of the various interior levels.

The trees are all just single sides squares with trees painted on. The grass is zbrush fiber mesh and displacement mapping on the ground to add depth.

knyghtmare2021 ( ) posted Thu, 30 January 2020 at 6:02 AM

rokket posted at 6:02AM Thu, 30 January 2020 - #4378329

Green Lantern.png

The only character they left out of Justice League. It should have been Hal or John, not a lantern from 1000 years ago only mentioned in passing...

This is a really fast thrown together second skin suit. I am currently trying to decide if I just model a suit or fix the errors and issues with the second skin. The boots and ring are props for M4 that I already had in my runtime. The mask was another quicky just to see what it would look like. If I decide to finish this, I'll make a second skin mask to go along with the suit. That way, I don't have to worry about how it fits around the eyes.

Thanks! I usually don't liike Wonder Woman redesigns, but I like that one! And your GL is pretty cool too! Agreed on the like button!

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 30 January 2020 at 8:06 PM

I guess you and I are the only ones keeping this thread alive.

I wonder what happened to quietrob, the OP?

bantha ( ) posted Fri, 31 January 2020 at 5:24 AM

If you can send me the second Skin suit, I could try to make a bump/displacement/normal map for it with ZBrush. I wanted to try this for quite a time.

A ship in port is safe; but that is not what ships are built for.
Sail out to sea and do new things.
-"Amazing Grace" Hopper

Avatar image of me done by Chidori

knyghtmare2021 ( ) posted Fri, 31 January 2020 at 11:54 AM

rokket posted at 11:53AM Fri, 31 January 2020 - #4378406

He had surgery a while back. I spoke to him a while back and hes on the mend last I heard.

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 05 February 2020 at 4:46 AM

knyghtmare2021 posted at 2:46AM Wed, 05 February 2020 - #4378448

rokket posted at 11:53AM Fri, 31 January 2020 - #4378406

He had surgery a while back. I spoke to him a while back and hes on the mend last I heard.

Oh. Ok. Thanks for the update.

rokket ( ) posted Sat, 08 February 2020 at 2:45 AM · edited Sat, 08 February 2020 at 2:45 AM

Green Lantern Jessica.png I've toyed with Jessica Cruz's costume before, with less than satisfying results. I thought I'd give it one more try.

quietrob ( ) posted Mon, 17 February 2020 at 10:51 PM

First of all, sorry for being AWOL. I posted about it and Knyghtmare was kind enough to inquire within. That was nice, Knyghtmare. I once saved a life by just checking up on an old friend. I wasn't that far gone but it was to know I was missed. rokket, thanks for asking about me. That kind of stuff really matters. At least it does to me.

rokket that mesh is something special. Your Jessica Cruz should be used in the movies. Nicely done. Plus your reimagined Wonder Woman is very classy. My detractors call me a sexist but I'm not the one who set the standard by putting a woman in a corset and dominatrix boots. (I just surpassed it. Not skimpy enough. I'm still waiting for the Sexy Generalettes Bundle) Your Wonder Woman is more adorable but that outfit is more functional. It works better today as much as earlier versions did in the seventies when they replaced her outfit to fit with the liberated women of the times.

Anyway, I hope you guys are doing fine!

knyghtmare2021 ( ) posted Tue, 18 February 2020 at 12:39 PM

I think its time for the Dark Knight to make his presence known in this thread. Watch this space.

knyghtmare2021 ( ) posted Wed, 19 February 2020 at 8:22 PM

received_1576876232474964.png

Poser 11 Superfly render. No post work.

knyghtmare2021 ( ) posted Sat, 22 February 2020 at 11:45 AM

So, now that I got the Batman render out of my system.... I've been updating Knyghtmare! Actually, I've updated the whole cast, but lets concentrate on Mr. Scary, shall we?

The Knyghtmare.png

The Knyghtmare's 'suit' is made with displacement, so I refined and smoothed his displacement maps. I've added scratches to the prop elements, and worked with the bump maps to try and get everything matching. Harder than it sounds.

KM close up chest.png

There is a subtle painted shadow under his chest horns to help them pop. I also resculted the chest horns a bit to get them to have a better highlight.

KM Knuckles.png

...and thats just METAL.

All the spikes are displaced. I'm pretty pleased with how he looks now.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.