Thu, Sep 19, 6:34 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 5:58 pm)

Subject: Genesis 8 in Poser 11

taiuri ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2019 at 6:57 PM

willdial posted at 6:55PM Tue, 25 June 2019 - #4354592

Here is a link to a webinar that covers Genesis 3 in Poser 11: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEfMP7aQ-NE

Thank you for the link. I understand it's the same procedure for Genesis 8, don't I?

DarksealStudios ( ) posted Mon, 01 July 2019 at 1:49 AM

Video Unavailable. It would be so nice if it would just open like the good ol days.

My Store   My Gallery    Contact

yarp ( ) posted Mon, 01 July 2019 at 6:44 AM

Same for me: "Video unavailable". willdial, thank you for your effort in porting V8 to Poser.

Yarp - author of P3DO Organizer for Poser

willdial ( ) posted Mon, 01 July 2019 at 8:58 AM

The video was under Smith Micro's account. It looks like they pulled it down. I don't know who owns it now.

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Mon, 01 July 2019 at 9:14 AM

willdial posted at 10:13AM Mon, 01 July 2019 - #4355646

The video was under Smith Micro's account. It looks like they pulled it down. I don't know who owns it now.

Jenn mentioned in another topic that the tutorial videos that were under SM will be reposted eventually.

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Mon, 01 July 2019 at 9:14 AM

I can't help you with the video, although Jenn Blake posts they will hopefully make their way over to the Renderosity channel. Howeever, you can follow this link back to a converstaion at the Poser Forum from 2 years ago on G8 in Poser. Maybe it can tell you something that will help.

https://forum.smithmicro.com/topic/2745/genesis-8-in-poser-pro-11-done

MJHCreations ( ) posted Fri, 25 October 2019 at 10:15 AM

OK, got a Newbie question... What Am I doing wrong (see attachment)? I'm trying to use G8F (V8) in Poser, but getting an incomplete character when I load... Untitled-2.jpg

I've tried to export Poser companion (CR2) files from DSON, and exporting via File... No avail...

quietrob ( ) posted Fri, 25 October 2019 at 11:24 AM

I haven't tried to use Gen 8 in Poser but perhaps y'all could answer a couple of simple questions.

How do you get the clothing and hair ported over? How do you get the various morphs for different characters? How do they look in your parameter dial? A screen shot would be nice.

Ya, That's 3 questions.

quietrob ( ) posted Sat, 26 October 2019 at 7:29 AM

NVM. I have other projects I can work on.

westcat ( ) posted Mon, 27 January 2020 at 8:29 PM

HI there. I have Poser Pro 14 and Pro 11 but the XL xtended Library only seems to work in 14. Also I cannot seem to get anything loaded by DYSON It appears as a button in XL and the script shows up But how can I get Gen 3 into Poser via XL ! DYSONhelp.jpg DYSONhelp.jpg

westcat ( ) posted Mon, 27 January 2020 at 9:33 PM

westcat posted at 9:32PM Mon, 27 January 2020 - #4378002

HI there. I have Poser Pro 14 and Pro 11 but the XL xtended Library only seems to work in 14. Also I cannot seem to get anything loaded by DYSON It appears as a button in XL and the script shows up But how can I get Gen 3 into Poser via XL ! DYSONhelp.jpg DYSONhelp.jpg

Got Poser 14 to work it seems with XL but no figure ? NothingPoser14Pro.JPG

westcat ( ) posted Tue, 28 January 2020 at 5:56 AM · edited Tue, 28 January 2020 at 5:59 AM

willdial posted at 5:50AM Tue, 28 January 2020 - #4308360

You didn't need to copy and paste DAZ's promotion material here. I and several others feel that the improvements are minor. We have a difference of opinion and that is all.

Perhaps you can help me. For the past two years, I have not been able to find a comparison of Genesis 3's Dual Quaternion bends versus Triax bends. If you get a chance, could you post up a comparison of the methods. I'm sure that others would like to see that as well.

I just want to say I really appreciate all the work on interfacing DAZ Characters and clothes etc with Poser.
I find the Poser System to be much easier to use and the basic Poser firefly system to render much faster than DAZ for the exact same scene using using older G1 characters like V4 [like 5 minutes vs 1 hour +++ in some cases] That coupled with my familiarity with Poser's excellent animation system helps me make some nice animations quickly

Also interesting how duality plays out in so many things. MacDonald's Vs Burger King, Black Vs White, Democrat Vs Republican, Male Vs Female, and Poser Vs Daz :) LOL

willdial ( ) posted Tue, 28 January 2020 at 5:37 PM

@westcat

Genesis 3 requires Poser 11 to work properly. The zip file contains a User Guide on how to prepare Genesis 3 for importing. There used to be a webinar video on youtube. However, It was under Smith Micro account and deactivated with all the other Poser videos in Smith Micro's account.

philebus ( ) posted Wed, 29 January 2020 at 5:37 PM

I found Willdial's user guide to be very clear - so long as you follow his instructions, you'll get Genesis 3 and the bulk of its product line working in Poser just fine. Shoes can sometimes be a problem but most will work fine if you apply any included foot pose before adding them to the scene. There are some clothes that won't work and I'm afraid that most of the hair items won't work either, so it's better to re-fit older hairs.

If anyone is interested, I have a thread over on the DAZ Poser forums listing all the products that I've tested and the results - it could help you choosing what to buy and saving money on what doesn't work. I haven't had time to test everything that I've purchased yet but I think there's a long enough list to be useful (I would reproduce the list here but it's in a table which I don't think these forums support)..

jimros ( ) posted Thu, 30 January 2020 at 1:39 AM

Thank you philebus , an excellent resource.

westcat ( ) posted Thu, 30 January 2020 at 5:48 AM · edited Thu, 30 January 2020 at 5:57 AM

willdial posted at 5:43AM Thu, 30 January 2020 - #4308411

Would you post the comparison into a new thread. This thread is about Genesis 8 in Poser and let's not get off topic.

Thanks again for all your work I would love to be able to import both 8 and 3 into my Poser Pro 11 and I appear to be almost there but, when I try to load G3 using XL and DSON and having put both Poser and DAZ into the default Poser 11 pro content's writable folder I seem to get an error that indicates Genesis 3 or 8 is there BUT nothing shows up ... Also can you set up a Poser object scene like a home or bar or environment then put a G3 or G8 into it using this amazing system? thank you :) !

this is a pic scan with the Poser Bar scene [exteriour] set up

systemerror.JPG

westcat ( ) posted Thu, 30 January 2020 at 5:51 AM · edited Thu, 30 January 2020 at 5:54 AM

westcat posted at 5:49AM Thu, 30 January 2020 - #4378340

willdial posted at 5:43AM Thu, 30 January 2020 - #4308411

Would you post the comparison into a new thread. This thread is about Genesis 8 in Poser and let's not get off topic.

Thanks again for all your work I would love to be able to import both 8 and 3 into my Poser Pro 11 and I appear to be almost there but, when I try to load G3 using XL and DSON and having put both Poser and DAZ into the default Poser 11 pro content's writable folder I seem to get an error that indicates Genesis 3 or 8 is there BUT nothing shows up ... Also can you set up an object/Poser scene like a home or bar or environment then put a G3 or G8 into it using this amazing system? thank you :) and here is a pic of my runtime file in the C/user default ... for Poser Pro 11 content

local.JPG

Elzenga ( ) posted Tue, 02 February 2021 at 3:26 PM · edited Tue, 02 February 2021 at 3:28 PM

Does somebody know what goes wrong here? Reading about all the posts about successfully loading Genesis 8 in Poser 11 Pro, I do exactly the same as with Genesis 3, but Gen8 isn't loading correctly in Poser (see attached jpg).You can see at the parameter panel (right) it only has partially been loaded...... In the view nothing is visible. Whatever I try, this is the result. I'm using Daz Studio 4.15 and Poser Pro 11. If I do the same with Genesis 3, everything works as expected.

Poser.jpg

grafkdesigner ( ) posted Fri, 23 July 2021 at 4:49 PM · edited Fri, 23 July 2021 at 4:51 PM

I am seriously thinking of re-installing Poser Pro 2014 in my computer and want to be able to access and use all the elements of my Daz library (including, of course, G8 figures). What is the procedure, if there is one, to enable PP2014 to read the entire Daz library? In all honesty I'm hoping to use PP2014 as a replacement for Daz Studio 4.14 Public Build, though I won't delete it until I'm satisfied I can do the same kind of work in PP as I do in DS.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.