Wed, Sep 18, 8:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Favorites: Poser 14 to Pose 11

jrmcdeath ( ) posted Tue, 28 January 2020 at 5:23 PM · edited Mon, 09 September 2024 at 10:37 AM

I apologize if this is a repeat. I did scroll through and didn't see this asked. Is there a way to mover your favorites from Poser Pro 2014 to Poser Pro 11? I just purchased 11 and sure would like my favorites to come with me from 2014. Any help is much appreciated!! -John

EClark1894 ( ) posted Tue, 28 January 2020 at 5:37 PM

If you're using the same computer, just attach the runtime of your Poser 2014.

jrmcdeath ( ) posted Tue, 28 January 2020 at 6:31 PM

Thanks for the reply!!! I am actually using a Runtime from Poser 6. Instead of creating a new Runtime in Poser 2014, I kept building the runtime in the Poser 6 folder. I added the library to 11 and it brought in/ populated all of the library goodies except for "Favorites". If that makes sense. I can't seem to find my Favorites anywhere on my computer. And I do not have a "Collections" folder that I can find.

SeanMartin ( ) posted Tue, 28 January 2020 at 6:51 PM

Not sure what "favourites" are, but you might take them and categorize them in a separate RT (maybe one called "Favourites", so you know what's in it), then link to that.

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider

EClark1894 ( ) posted Tue, 28 January 2020 at 9:27 PM

In order to add your Favorites folder to Poser 11 you will need to either rename the Folder or start a new RunTime Folder with your Favorites in it.

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 28 January 2020 at 10:47 PM · edited Tue, 28 January 2020 at 10:51 PM

Favorites folder is found under Poser 11 Content>Runtime>Libraries>Collections, is should be the same pathway for Poser 2014 but I haven't checked with my installation. If you have folders already set up in Poser 2014, it should not be difficult to copy them over to Poser 11.

Edit: Just tried it and it works.

jrmcdeath ( ) posted Wed, 29 January 2020 at 12:46 PM

Do you know where the favorites/collections were kept in Poser 6? I have been using the Poser 6 runtime. I never built a runtime in 2014. When I bought 2014, I just linked to my Poser 6 Runtime. I have added many items into my Favorites in 2014, but I just assumed that those favorites would have been kept in the Poser 6 runtime.

pikesPit ( ) posted Wed, 29 January 2020 at 8:58 PM · edited Wed, 29 January 2020 at 9:08 PM

your "Favourites" are always saved in the native Poser runtime. This is the place where your main Poser.exe is installed, e.g.: "D:Programs:SmithMicro:Poser1:1Runtime:Libraries:Collections" -->> OR! "D:Programs:SmithMicro:Poser11:Poser11 Content:Runtime:Libraries:Collections"

So what you MUST do is search for your old favourites, and copy them to the new Collections folder.

Three(!) problems though:

1: Your "Favourites" aren't actual poser files! They're just shortcuts to the file, created and read by your operating system and accompanied by gthe original thumbnail of your source file. To add more confusion, there are differences between Windows and MAC shortcuts, so they can't be interchanged.

2: ALL your "Favourites" (remember: they're just shortcuts!) are saved with an ABSOLUTE path(that's done per your OS and can't be modified). So if you modify your system setup and change drive letters (e.g., name former drive "D:" as drive "E:" = your shortcuts will probably become unavailable!

Solution: NONE. You eithermust rebuild your "Favourites" from scratch, or edit the path of every shortcut manually, using your OS "properties" option.

3: as long as you don't bind the library where your "Favourites" are stored, they won't be recognized by Poser anyway, thus your "Favourites" list will remain empty!

I hope this will help you, in one way or another?

Peter

**n.b.:

THIS ABSOLUTE CHAOS of runtimes that come with Poser MUST be eliminated ASAP!

Why have two different runtimes (three!! if you add the "Downloads" folder)?

Make it ALL ONE (1), (repeat: ONE!) runtime, and all the confusion about files not found is GONE.**

**n.b.2: Did anybody ever notice that text formating of this forum is FUBAR?????????????????

jrmcdeath ( ) posted Thu, 30 January 2020 at 12:54 PM

Alright. My Mac had hidden my "Collections" folder. That's why I couldn't find it. THANKS for the help and the answer. Everything seems to be running peachy now. ROCK ON!

learning3d ( ) posted Tue, 10 August 2021 at 4:05 AM

hborre posted at 4:03AM Tue, 10 August 2021 - #4378185

Favorites folder is found under Poser 11 Content>Runtime>Libraries>Collections, is should be the same pathway for Poser 2014 but I haven't checked with my installation. If you have folders already set up in Poser 2014, it should not be difficult to copy them over to Poser 11.

Edit: Just tried it and it works.

I have found the collections folder in explorer, and there is stuff in there even. Yet I have never seen this folder inside Poser. How do I find the collection folder inside of Poser? Because what Poser list as "favorites" is not the same as what is inside the collections folder.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Tue, 10 August 2021 at 4:38 AM

image.png

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

bagginsbill ( ) posted Tue, 10 August 2021 at 4:40 AM

Note also that every folder or item shown in the library has a right-click option to show that in explorer.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.