Fri, Sep 20, 2:31 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: My Raistlin WIP

3-DArena ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2001 at 10:39 PM · edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 6:56 PM

file_222329.jpg

I am working on Raistlin from Dragon Lance... I have modified the Kane texture (for personal use) with a golden tinge for Raistlin's golden skin. The eyes are from my Windows to the Soul package (at 3-D Arena) and added to the modified Kane texture. He still needs work, so suggestion?

3-D Arena | Instagram | Facebook

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo

3-DArena ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2001 at 10:40 PM

file_222330.jpg

here is the body... also needing work....

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo

3-DArena ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2001 at 10:42 PM

I do know that I need to modify the eyebrows so there is no brown showing through.... possibly wringkle the forehead a bit, but I want him to look sickly as he is, but not old...

-Galileo

Derty ( ) posted Sat, 20 October 2001 at 12:27 AM

Looks good, the eyes are great! I think maybe his face should be a little more gaunt looking, and all the pictures of Raistlin I've seen he has black very arched eyebrows, and black eyelashes. His staff is usually about 2 or 3 feet taller than he is and has a relitevly small dragon claw holding a crystal ball, and in some pics (red robed)he usually has many pouches, bags, bones, feathers and various other goodies hanging from his belt. You probably already know all this :). Some pics I think are good the best of him to do refrence on are by Keith Parkinson, Jeff Easley, and of coures the old cover of Dragons of Spring Dawning by Larry Elmore. I have been a Dragonlance and especially Raistlin fan since the series came out and I'm guilty of doing several drawings of him myself and can't wait to see how he comes out for you in a 3D model. Will he be available in the store?

3-DArena ( ) posted Sat, 20 October 2001 at 12:51 AM

Are his bropws dark?? I wasn't sure about that. I am intentionally not following any book covers or such as I want him to be my perception from reading it. Yes, I will add his pouches and bags (I actually had posted that here too, but my stupid computer kept failing to post grrr). I will be creating a better staff, but I'm no modeller so we shall see how that turns out. No he won't be available in the store because I am using the Kane texture. But if I find a different usable texture to modify I will make him available when he is done. The eye textures are available in teh Mall at 3-D Arena, in fact the eye package started out because I was making hourglass eyes and then moved on to crescent moons slits and humans (got a bit carried away). But you are right, I need to find some way to make him more gaunt, the old dial does it a bit, but I don't want him to old, just thin and yet still attractive inhis own way... I am determined though to keep at it :~)

-Galileo

AprilYSH ( ) posted Sat, 20 October 2001 at 1:26 AM

I imagined him more bent over from being so spent. Interesting project! :D

[ Store | Freebies | Profile ]

a sweet disorder in the dress kindles in clothes a wantoness,
do more bewitch me than when art is too precise in every part

3-DArena ( ) posted Sat, 20 October 2001 at 7:55 AM

*lol, I did bend him, it's why his waist looks so funny lol Right now I'm working mostly on his body shape though.. He does need to be "tired" somewhat ;~)

-Galileo

pokeydots ( ) posted Sat, 20 October 2001 at 9:47 AM

Looks good, I think maybe the eyelashes need to be darker, but thats just me :)

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================
Processor Type:  AMD Phenom II 830 Quad-Core
2.80GHz, 4000MHz System Bus, 2MB L2 Cache + 6MB Shared L3 Cache
Hard Drive Size:  1TB
Processor - Clock Speed:  2.8 GHz
Operating System:  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
Graphics Type:  ATI Radeon HD 4200
•ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics 
System Ram:  8GB 

shadowcat ( ) posted Sat, 20 October 2001 at 2:39 PM

After having just finished reading "soulforge" last night the book that covers Raistlin's life from the age of 6 til the time the companions begin their journey to search for the old gods, the descriptions of him are fairly fresh in my mind soo.... It is unlikely he has black eyebrows, as he and his twin have reddish-blonde curly hair in the book at best they would be a medium brown. He would also have more "wave" to his hair. I don't think that eyelashes change color, even my grandfather has dark eyelashes although all other hairs are white (eyebrows are salt & pepper though). His skin is not only gold colored, but also somewhat metallic. The book says that this is caused by a magical armor applied to his skin by Fistidalous (I know I spelled it wrong) to allow Raistlin to surive a part of his test at the tower of wayreth. For the "bent over look" instead of bending him at the waist maybe you could lower the collar and bring them forward? As to the morphing part, maybe you could wait on that because Mike 2 is just around the corner, and he might have a "sickly" morph like vicky 2 does. But I have a morph for sucking in the checks that can give a more guant look to mike's face if you want it. (you'll have to wait til tomorrow as I'm not at home right now) boy I ramble alot, I'll shut up now

3-DArena ( ) posted Sat, 20 October 2001 at 3:30 PM

file_222333.jpg

Thank you shadowcat (& everyone else) I am being careful regarding the metallic look to his skin until after i finish his face. I don't want to give him too much shine as I never got the impression that it was an overpowering tint. I thought he and Caramon had auburn hair, thanks for verifying that. Here is a newer look for his face. I'm having trouble making him look sickly and yet not old or totally unattractive. As he is just a golden, sickly, thin version of caramon (Who I will do after I finish Raistlin)

-Galileo

3-DArena ( ) posted Sat, 20 October 2001 at 3:32 PM

oh, btw hair for caramon is curly (as is kitiara's) but as curly hair grows it gets wavy instead, also this hair is temporary so I can check his face against the white/silver stringy kind of hair. The finished image I will paint the hair on.

-Galileo

Derty ( ) posted Sat, 20 October 2001 at 9:10 PM

The eyebrows being darker makes him look even better. I'm not sure what color they are supposed to be, in art especially smaller pics its hard to tell. Here is a place that has pics of Raistln and Caramon of you decide to use it, and for the people who don't know who Raistlin is : http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/9754/pictures.html This is some site i found sometime ago - has decent pics. ...again, good luck with your project, can't wait to see it finished.

Derty ( ) posted Sun, 21 October 2001 at 1:21 AM
shadowcat ( ) posted Sun, 21 October 2001 at 11:34 AM

I like the newer one except for his nose (personal opinion only)

SergeantJack ( ) posted Sun, 21 October 2001 at 9:24 PM

Yeah, I have a suggestion: give him to me!!! I'm in the middle of re-reading Dragonlance, and I love Raistlin.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.