Thu, Sep 19, 10:35 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Welcome to the Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd

Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 16 2:29 pm)

banner

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: Help Destroyed needed files

Volcilord ( ) posted Thu, 20 February 2020 at 10:18 AM · edited Tue, 10 September 2024 at 7:16 AM

In an effoort to remove 1 bad prop from the Library Pallet I wiped out all of my Downloads. What do I do to get them back?

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 20 February 2020 at 10:47 AM

Not much can be done if you actually used the delete feature in the Library. Exactly, how did you attempt to delete your prop?

donnena ( ) posted Thu, 20 February 2020 at 10:57 AM

it's tedious, but you can re-download and reinstall all your purchases from both DAZ and Renderosity.
Conversely, you may have the original files and just need to unzip them into your runtime?

;>

Andy!

Boni ( ) posted Thu, 20 February 2020 at 3:37 PM

I keep all my downloads on an external drive ... grouped by year and month I've downloaded them before installing into my runtimes. This is my precaution and a suggestion for moving forward.

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

RedPhantom ( ) posted Thu, 20 February 2020 at 3:50 PM
Site Admin

If they are truly erased, you might have some luck with some data recovery software.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Boni ( ) posted Thu, 20 February 2020 at 4:40 PM

Even when you unzip and install software into a new location, generally the original file remains ... at least for me. Could you have these files somewhere?

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

Volcilord ( ) posted Thu, 20 February 2020 at 4:49 PM

Yes I did use the Delete feature in the Library. So do I need to reload my Poser 11 program to get it back? Anything special I need to know when doing it?

Nails60 ( ) posted Thu, 20 February 2020 at 5:58 PM

When you say "the delete feature" do you mean the remove library feature, at the top right of the library window, or the minus sign near the bottom which only becomes visible when you select an object.

If the former, just choose the add library feature (next to the delete feature) This will open a navigation window, go to the downloads folder, which is in the poser 11 content, select this (or the runtime folder in it, either will do), and click and it should be restored to your library window.

Volcilord ( ) posted Thu, 20 February 2020 at 6:53 PM

This is the one that removed the entire Downloads Library below Poser 11 content for Figures, Poses and everything.

Nails60 ( ) posted Thu, 20 February 2020 at 6:57 PM

As I said, it will not have deleted anything from your hard drive, you can add it back with the add library feature.

Volcilord ( ) posted Thu, 20 February 2020 at 7:00 PM

Thanks! It worked. I Appreciate your help.

hornet3d ( ) posted Thu, 20 February 2020 at 9:09 PM

Glad it worked out and you did not lose anything but it might be a good time think about your backup routine. Like Boni I keep all the downloaded files on an external drive but I tend to be a very cautious person so I also keep a back up of all of my runtimes both locally on an external drive and also in the cloud. That means if the a drive fails I can just point Poser to the backup drive (or more likely a clone of the backup drive) and I am back in business. If that fails I can reinstall my content from the back up of my downloads. If that fails I have to go hunting for all my content at the different marketplaces, assuming they still exist, then redownload and reinstall all of the downloads.

I can give some pretty strong guarantees on the last option, first it is going to take a very long time and second, you will not recover all of your previous content.

In case I am coming on a little strong on this I need to explain that I worked in a computer repair shop for many years and data loss is a daily occurance. I have seen the grief and headache caused when treasure photos or college projects and the like are lost forever. This trends make data backup a soap box topic for me, my aim is not to criticise or annoy anyone, I am just trying to protect data and impress how important it is before anyone loses it.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

Volcilord ( ) posted Fri, 21 February 2020 at 3:14 PM

It looks like I did it wrong. I brought up a Downloads folder but it won't let me put anything in it.

Volcilord ( ) posted Fri, 21 February 2020 at 5:30 PM

Thanks everybody for your help and your ideas.If worse comes to worst I can always reload the original disk.

hornet3d ( ) posted Sat, 22 February 2020 at 1:19 AM

I think I would do a search for some content you know you have before doing a full reload, you could try a known prop/figure or even search for *.cr2, you will get lots of hits with the latter but that will at least show if the files actually exist on your drive. If there are no hits then clearly you have managed to delete them but it could by you have just deleted a link to files that are still there.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 22 February 2020 at 3:55 PM

As a matter of clarification, it is not possible to delete any of the runtime folders displayed in the hierarchy panel of the Library. The keyboard delete button has no effect nor will right-click for the contextual menu to bring up the delete command. A runtime folder can only be removed from the Library by selecting the remove Library icon at the upper right-hand corner of the Library window. Usually, through this method, the runtime is retrievable if you know where you placed it initially. However, if you are using conventional content and download folders in Poser's primary folder located in c:/Program Files, expect not to see any content because of UAC protection. Your actual content is stored in a shared location on the drive. Unfortunately, since there are actually 2 Download folders, it is easy to add the wrong folder to the Poser Library.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.