Fri, Sep 20, 12:54 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Welcome to the Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd

Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 16 2:29 pm)

banner

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: I can not Download files into my download section.

Volcilord ( ) posted Sun, 23 February 2020 at 3:22 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 12:48 AM

I thought I restored my download section in my Poser library. I have problem. It will not allow me to download any new or old props and other materals back into Poser for me. What want wrong?

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 23 February 2020 at 4:32 PM

Where is this Download file located on your hard drive according to Poser?

Volcilord ( ) posted Sun, 23 February 2020 at 6:18 PM

My Poser Program doesn't say where they are located. I was trying to reload my download files and its contents that I wiped out last week by mistake.

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 23 February 2020 at 7:16 PM

If you have a Download folder in your Library, refer to the image below:

image.png

Once you determine the path, click on the show in Explorer link to open the browser. By doing this, you will see if the current folder contains any content. Now, if your path leads to Program Files folder and you are running any Windows version above Vista then UAC blocking any content to be loaded there without administrative privileges. Another question, have you searched your hard drive for any additional runtimes?

Volcilord ( ) posted Mon, 24 February 2020 at 10:18 AM

I've been looking for additional runtimes but I'm not sure what I'm looking for.

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 24 February 2020 at 11:22 AM

A simple drive search will call up all the folders named Downloads or runtime. Which operating system are you currently using? If you are using Windows 7, 8 or 10 and you installed Poser using its default settings then you should find a Downloads folder in the location I highlighted in the image above. That pathway is Users>Public>Documents>Poser 11 Content>Downloads.

Volcilord ( ) posted Mon, 24 February 2020 at 2:27 PM

Thanks, I'll get to it.

Volcilord ( ) posted Mon, 24 February 2020 at 4:16 PM

I found the pathway but it still won't let me put it in.

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 24 February 2020 at 4:25 PM

Where is the Downloads folder located? If you are attempting to install to the folder under Program Files then it is preventing access. Give me a detailed step-by-step on how you are installing your files.

structure ( ) posted Tue, 25 February 2020 at 12:51 AM
Forum Coordinator

there does seem to be an issue on some systems with the public folder. Try moving your content to another location. and adding that location to poser.

Locked Out

Volcilord ( ) posted Tue, 25 February 2020 at 3:55 PM

I've always tried to go thru Renderosity's process to install their products. It isn't working now.

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 25 February 2020 at 4:13 PM

I always download my content from Renderosity, purchased or free, and install from the compressed file through Winzip, my preferred method. It is also possible to install through Poser itself, even though I prefer to see the folders in the compressed file to make certain everything is in the proper order. What methodology are you using to install Poser content?

Volcilord ( ) posted Wed, 26 February 2020 at 12:00 AM

I'm rather sloppy about it. I do need to organize my files better.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.