Sun, Oct 6, 8:24 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Note to whoever sends out emails - lose the silly headers

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 22 February 2020 at 1:37 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 6:42 AM

This arrived in my inbox just now:

Are you 😈 or 👼? Why not be both.

I have a rule that anything with weird looking characters gets deleted immediately because they're usually spam/scam or both. Lucky for you I saw who it was from. As it happens, I have no interest in Fairies, Faie, Faye, Sidhe or similar so it got deleted anyhow. Furthermore, you missed off a "?" at the end. Double whammy.

Please, please, pretty please with sugar on, stick to regular titles for yer emails or they may well be deleted out of hand.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

jennblake ( ) posted Sat, 22 February 2020 at 1:50 PM

I will let the person knows who sends those out to respond to this thread. 😄

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 22 February 2020 at 3:02 PM

Can you poke 'em in the eye for me? 😁

My Store

My Gallery

RodS ( ) posted Sat, 22 February 2020 at 10:58 PM

LOL @ Sam...

Jenn, can you also rattle the cage of whomever is responsible for "testing" those annoying pop-ups to have a gander at the (so far) 3 threads concerning that? People are not happy... ? Thanks!

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage

jennblake ( ) posted Sun, 23 February 2020 at 8:33 AM

😄 The ads were a "test" to see how it went. It's being done for 2 weeks. I have seen the response. 😄

RodS ( ) posted Sun, 23 February 2020 at 12:08 PM

We have to endure this for TWO WEEKS??????

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage

SchelleFire ( ) posted Mon, 24 February 2020 at 8:59 AM

The symbols are caused by an emoji. If you have certain settings on their email, it blocks the image and displays the code. It's not spam. It's your email.

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Mon, 24 February 2020 at 10:20 AM

SchelleFire posted at 11:19AM Mon, 24 February 2020 - #4381648

The symbols are caused by an emoji. If you have certain settings on their email, it blocks the image and displays the code. It's not spam. It's your email.

And many of us use text only email for security purposes. We block them on purpose. You may want to consider that. Or not, since your customer preferences don't seem to matter to you.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 25 February 2020 at 11:57 AM

SchelleFire posted at 5:54PM Tue, 25 February 2020 - #4381648

Yes, I know. My point is, any email coming in with that sort of thing displayed is immediately suspicious because anyone I'm in contact with doesn't use emojis in headers. It's an almost sure sign of a dodgy email or spam.

My Store

My Gallery

DreaminGirl ( ) posted Tue, 25 February 2020 at 3:24 PM

Professional businesses don't use emojis.. they use clear language

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Tue, 25 February 2020 at 3:31 PM

ǝsuǝs ɥɔnɯ ooʇ ǝʞɐɯ plnoʍ ʇɐɥʇ ʇnq

CHMedia ( ) posted Tue, 25 February 2020 at 3:33 PM

😂TwiztidKidd posted at 3:32PM Tue, 25 February 2020 - #4381827

ǝsuǝs ɥɔnɯ ooʇ ǝʞɐɯ plnoʍ ʇɐɥʇ ʇnq

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 25 February 2020 at 5:16 PM

DreaminGirl posted at 11:15PM Tue, 25 February 2020 - #4381825

Professional businesses don't use emojis.. they use clear language

Yay! Somebody gets it!

My Store

My Gallery

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.