Thu, Sep 19, 6:44 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser Python Scripting

Welcome to the Poser Python Scripting Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

Poser Python Scripting F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 2:50 am)

We now have a ProPack Section in the Poser FreeStuff.
Check out the new Poser Python Wish List thread. If you have an idea for a script, jot it down and maybe someone can write it. If you're looking to write a script, check out this thread for useful suggestions.

Also, check out the official Python site for interpreters, sample code, applications, cool links and debuggers. This is THE central site for Python.

You can now attach text files to your posts to pass around scripts. Just attach the script as a txt file like you would a jpg or gif. Since the forum will use a random name for the file in the link, you should give instructions on what the file name should be and where to install it. Its a good idea to usually put that info right in the script file as well.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Another useful lib: Python Dynamics

adp001 ( ) posted Wed, 04 March 2020 at 8:01 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 6:40 PM

https://www.pydy.org/documentation.html

maur_2005 ( ) posted Fri, 13 March 2020 at 6:22 PM

it looks very interesting, There was a project called 'poser physics', unfortunately I think it was discontinued

adp001 ( ) posted Fri, 13 March 2020 at 11:30 PM

maur_2005 posted at 5:25AM Sat, 14 March 2020 - #4383482

it looks very interesting, There was a project called 'poser physics', unfortunately I think it was discontinued

Sadly this lib will not work with Poser. Because it needs SymPy & co. And a newer numerics library than the stoneaged lib that comes with Poser.

an0malaus ( ) posted Sat, 21 March 2020 at 2:47 PM · edited Sat, 21 March 2020 at 2:48 PM

@adp001 there may be hope that SymPy can be incorporated into Poser. NumPy and SciPy updates certainly can. Check this thread: Using SciPy module in PoserPro2012 where I've posted instructions. The packages need to be installed in an OS level Python 2.7 and linked into Poser Python to be accessible.

I see indications that Python 2.7.17 may bundle with Poser (at least on Windows), so some of the prerequisites and the ability to use pip and other package managers directly from within Poser may become available again. Hopefully they will do the same with macOS Poser Python 😁 [Hopeful]

My ShareCG Stuff

Verbosity: Profusely promulgating Graham's number epics of complete and utter verbiage by the metric monkey barrel.

adp001 ( ) posted Sun, 22 March 2020 at 4:21 AM

@an0malaus

Thanks,

I'm not so tight to Poser anymore. Because I move over to Blender. I have no plans to use Bondware-Poser any longer.

maur_2005 ( ) posted Tue, 31 March 2020 at 8:39 PM

I found this useful lib for physics: http://pyode.sourceforge.net/

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.