Thu, Sep 19, 3:21 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 2:39 pm)

Subject: "improved" search engine in 11.3 - was that a joke?

sturkwurk ( ) posted Thu, 02 April 2020 at 8:40 AM · edited Tue, 06 August 2024 at 7:54 AM

Any tips to get the improved search engine to work as well as it did just one version back?
I'm probably missing something. My search results vary hugely between not checking any sub libraries and checking them. It's not finding worlds embedded in other words. Like "glove" won't find any "gloves" or XXXGloveXXX - this is going to really hurt my production.

I came, I rendered, I'm still broke.

HartyBart ( ) posted Thu, 02 April 2020 at 9:08 AM

With a new install of Poser (11.2 to 11.3), there may be re-indexing of the runtimes going on. Do any search, and then let the spinning yellow CD icon finish pulsing (re-indexing) before searching again. It may take a while to complete its re-indexing on a large runtime, and thus your search results will only be partial until it completes.

Learn the Secrets of Poser 11 and Line-art Filters.

sturkwurk ( ) posted Thu, 02 April 2020 at 9:21 AM

HartyBart posted at 9:17AM Thu, 02 April 2020 - #4385202

With a new install of Poser (11.2 to 11.3), there may be re-indexing of the runtimes going on. Do any search, and then let the spinning yellow CD icon finish pulsing (re-indexing) before searching again. It may take a while to complete its re-indexing on a large runtime, and thus your search results will only be partial until it completes.

I've done that - to no avail. It only took about 30 seconds, which cannot be right. I have over a TB of content. I've also made sure that the preference setting is checked to "Indexing Refresh at Launch". The search results for "box" only brings back 20 folders with the word "box" in them - not a single prop, figure, material etc. (all sublibraries are unchecked - tried it with them checked and got the same result) I know there are dozens of "boxes" in the library.

Would removing a runtime, restarting poser, then re-adding back the runtime help?

sturkwurk ( ) posted Thu, 02 April 2020 at 9:46 AM

HartyBart posted at 9:44AM Thu, 02 April 2020 - #4385202

Something is definately wrong here. I'm sure it's something I'm not doing but, this is going to cost me hours of time to search the folders by hand instead of using the Poser search. It still only brings back a few folders on something like "glass" when I know there's hundreds of materials and poses along with that in their name. I've seen the yellow pulsing cd - but for less than 20 seconds - there's no way it indexed my full library that fast. Is there some trigger that I'm missing?

sturkwurk ( ) posted Thu, 02 April 2020 at 9:57 AM

I may have found it - when I have the library show all my runtimes - I then refresh the main library (with the little circle next to the name) the first time I did it, poser crashed. the second time - running now - it's still indexing, as I would expect.

sturkwurk ( ) posted Thu, 02 April 2020 at 10:16 AM

ten minutes later - the search results are still the same. (lousy)

ghostship2 ( ) posted Thu, 02 April 2020 at 10:36 AM

I'm not having the same problem. If i do a search for "Broo" in my pose folder I get "Brooke" and "Brooke 2" which are characters in my V4 pose folder. All seems to work as it should.

W10, Ryzen 5 1600x, 16Gb,RTX2060Super+GTX980, PP11, 11.3.740

sturkwurk ( ) posted Thu, 02 April 2020 at 10:57 AM

My main Runtime is 988 gb - on a 2 tb samsung SSD.

RobZhena ( ) posted Thu, 02 April 2020 at 11:37 AM

I’m seeing increased speed and good results on my Mac. I have over 1 TB of runtimes split between two hard drives. Every time I install a new version of Poser, I have to re-add three libraries, and it does not re-do a complete reindexing. FWIW.

sturkwurk ( ) posted Thu, 02 April 2020 at 12:10 PM

LibrarySearch1.jpg

Here's a pair of gloves that I know are in my library.

LibrarySearch2.jpg

Here's what the search finds with all boxes unchecked.

LibrarySearch3.jpg

Here's what it finds with characters checked. Note - it does not find the gloves that I know are in place.

sturkwurk ( ) posted Thu, 02 April 2020 at 12:16 PM

Win10 Home AMD Ryzen 1950X 16 Core 32 GB Ram

jeffnlkpt2 ( ) posted Fri, 03 April 2020 at 2:53 PM

What I found that works is to click off of search tab (i.e. content) and then click back on search. I have to do it several times to populate but eventually does find everything.

Penguinisto ( ) posted Fri, 03 April 2020 at 3:03 PM

sturkwurk posted at 1:01PM Fri, 03 April 2020 - #4385216

Query: Have you tried using a regex to search (e.g. *glove* , with an asterisk before and after the keyword)? (hoping Bondware's goofball version of Markdown supported that...)

sturkwurk ( ) posted Fri, 03 April 2020 at 3:21 PM · edited Fri, 03 April 2020 at 3:28 PM

Penguinisto posted at 3:20PM Fri, 03 April 2020 - #4385336

sturkwurk posted at 1:01PM Fri, 03 April 2020 - #4385216

Query: Have you tried using a regex to search (e.g. *glove* , with an asterisk before and after the keyword)? (hoping Bondware's goofball version of Markdown supported that...)

Rats, that didn't work at all. "Your search for glove returned no results" (I typed in the asterix, they don't show up here) Thanks for trying!

sturkwurk ( ) posted Sat, 18 April 2020 at 4:22 PM

I JUST FOUND A WORKAROUND!!!

I run poser on duel monitors. I had a search open, it had only found a few things. Then I switched to the material room - my library changed for that viewport setup I have and suddenly it started finding more results on it's own. I just tested it with a few other keywords, like gloves from before - It works! I change the room and the search springs to life and keeps looking!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.