Mon, Sep 9, 8:15 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 12:17 am)

Subject: Forehead hairline artifact issue

shedofjoy ( ) posted Thu, 23 April 2020 at 3:09 PM · edited Mon, 09 September 2024 at 8:05 AM

Daz help-1.jpg As you can see from the image I have an issue with an artifact, and sadly this isn't the only hair im having issue with on G8F, and I have tried several different things but to no avail, I wonder if anyone might know a fix or have an idea? I have tried altering the subd levels on the hair and figure, but that just changes the shape of the artifact. Thank you for any ideas or help.

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

3doutlaw ( ) posted Thu, 23 April 2020 at 7:34 PM

Interesting, I literally just saw this as well, but it was due to me duplicating the hair to make the ponytail thicker. The opacity on the front portion of the second hair was set to off, but it was causing a similar artifact. I ended up scaling it and hiding it within the head. Unfortunately, not sure why it was occurring?

shedofjoy ( ) posted Thu, 23 April 2020 at 8:27 PM

I checked all of the opacity settings, on both hairs, It seams the skull cap is intersecting the head and causing issues, not sure why this is happening, will be doing more tests, and adding the names of hair I am having trouble with

shedofjoy ( ) posted Fri, 24 April 2020 at 6:30 AM

artifact problem.jpg and I notice that when I turn the opacity off (done individually for each mat zone) this occurs, I have no idea what this is? there shouldn't be anything showing on the head.

shedofjoy ( ) posted Fri, 24 April 2020 at 7:01 AM

Right after having a play around, subd settings did nothing, neither did changing the materials, but changing the setting "fit to mode" in the "parameters" tab, to "Auto follow transforms" changes the shape of the artifacts, Im guessing that Daz studio has a bug, and there is no fix for this.

wscottart ( ) posted Thu, 30 April 2020 at 10:34 AM

Are those artifacts in the render? I get artifacts with a lot of the Daz hair but in iray preview mode...They seem to go away in the final renders in my case anyway.

jamminwolf ( ) posted Sat, 02 May 2020 at 11:03 AM · edited Sat, 02 May 2020 at 11:05 AM

Actually I've fixed all my issues with the adjustment head size, making the hair slightly bigger works. At least with three hairs I've had that issue with.

Note that shedofjoy's cap is smaller then the head on his render? Expanding the hair fixes that.

...wolfie

Bejaymac ( ) posted Sun, 03 May 2020 at 4:51 AM

When you have two mesh overlapping each other like this, especially with Opacity, Iray has a problem "telling" them apart, so you start to see weird tints and render artifacts, and it gets worse the further from "world center" the items are.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.