Fri, Oct 4, 12:23 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Welcome to the Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd

Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 03 11:45 am)

banner

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: Why are my eyebrows brown?

MikeMoss ( ) posted Sun, 26 April 2020 at 9:58 AM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 12:17 PM

Hi, this isn't a new problem but I finally decided to see if anyone knew what the problem is? I was messing around trying to do a texture that had very little color in it, almost black and white. I ran into a problem I've had often before.

Though the eyebrows on my character are black they always appear a rather light brown on the figure. You can see in the comparison that the color isn't the same, the 3 lights are all white, and they black and grayish areas around the eyes look normal but the brows just above that are light brown. You can see that everything is more on the brownish hue then the original but the brows come out much lighter as well.

Picture of Anne 2.jpg

Anne Sixth Composit.jpg

If you shoot a mime, do you need a silencer?

MikeMoss ( ) posted Sun, 26 April 2020 at 10:10 AM

Well it won't let me add anything, so I want to say that I moved the lights around etc. and nothing I did have any effect on the way the brows look.

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 26 April 2020 at 10:21 AM
Online Now!

You neglected to say which model you are using. What do the Material Room nodes look like for the head? And is there a separate eyebrow zone for the model that you are overlooking?

MikeMoss ( ) posted Sun, 26 April 2020 at 11:57 AM

The model is Jessie and the setting are more of less out of the box, I've had this before so why are the colors on the eyebrows affected and not the rest of the image. I've never been able to figure it out but when it happens nothing will change the way it looks, I just thought this example that shows other dark gray to black colors right next to the one that changed show how weird it is. I just thought, I wonder what happens if I change the eyebrows to red or something, will they still be different from the artwork. I'm betting not, I only run into this with black, things that are supposed to be black come out medium brown instead.

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 26 April 2020 at 1:33 PM
Online Now!

Looking closely at your image it appears that you have 2 sets of eyebrows on her face, the black from your custom and the light brown just above it from a previous texture map I assume. I'm afraid you'll need to empty your texture cache. Other users have complained about textures not reloading when changed in the scene.

Boni ( ) posted Mon, 27 April 2020 at 6:37 AM

Are you using the upper brows or strictly the brows from the diffuse map?

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.