Tue, Oct 22, 12:43 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 11:46 am)

Subject: Animation Movement Woes

tastiger ( ) posted Sat, 09 May 2020 at 6:41 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 10:16 AM

I know this will sound like a newbie question, but after all these years I am now only just getting into animating some seriously large scenes and I'm doing one that uses 3D Universe's GRIMM figure, my problem is each time I apply a pose from the library the figure jumps back to the zero position in the scene. It's the only figure that does so.

I have searched and can't find an answer for a simple fix to avoid the issue - will I have to edit the pose files to prevent the issue?

The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive.
Robert A. Heinlein

11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-11900K @ 3.50GHz   3.50 GHz
64.0 GB (63.9 GB usable)
Geforce RTX 3060 12 GB
Windows 11 Pro

an0malaus ( ) posted Sun, 10 May 2020 at 6:34 AM

Sorry, I don't have that figure to look at the innards of the CR2. What happens if you apply poses for another figure, or apply those poses to a different figure? Does it still go back to the origin? It might be possible that the poses contain BODY actor translations which force the figure back to the origin.

If you're comfortable with editing the pose files, that would by one solution, another could be to create a new scene, load the figure, apply each one of the figure's poses at successive frames, then save the pose at each frame back out to a different library folder WITHOUT checking the Body Transformations checkbox.

Screen Shot 2020-05-10 at 9.33.15 pm.png

That should allow you to apply the poses in future without forcing the figure back to the origin of the scene.

My ShareCG Stuff

Verbosity: Profusely promulgating Graham's number epics of complete and utter verbiage by the metric monkey barrel.

randym77 ( ) posted Sun, 10 May 2020 at 7:58 AM

3D Universe often uses morphs instead of poses to pose his figures. I find that annoying and rather limiting, though I love his figures otherwise.

Dunno if that's the reason for your problem, but his figures are definitely different.

an0malaus ( ) posted Sun, 10 May 2020 at 9:32 AM

If indeed the figure translations are due to morph deltas, a python script should be able to identify a common translation present in all deltas of a particular morph and remove it, applying the removed vector as settings of the Body actor transforms. It really depends how the figure is rigged, though for that to work.

Looking at the DAZ page for Grimm, it would seem to be a fully rigged figure, though I can only assume that the "10 poses" appear in the promo images.

My ShareCG Stuff

Verbosity: Profusely promulgating Graham's number epics of complete and utter verbiage by the metric monkey barrel.

tastiger ( ) posted Sun, 10 May 2020 at 4:12 PM

an0malaus posted at 6:59AM Mon, 11 May 2020 - #4388691

Sorry, I don't have that figure to look at the innards of the CR2. What happens if you apply poses for another figure, or apply those poses to a different figure? Does it still go back to the origin? It might be possible that the poses contain BODY actor translations which force the figure back to the origin.

If you're comfortable with editing the pose files, that would by one solution, another could be to create a new scene, load the figure, apply each one of the figure's poses at successive frames, then save the pose at each frame back out to a different library folder WITHOUT checking the Body Transformations checkbox.

That should allow you to apply the poses in future without forcing the figure back to the origin of the scene.

Thanks, I will try re-saving the poses, it seems that if it works, it's a way better option than messing around in the pose files, as I'm not really sure what to look for. I did find this interesting though in the pz2 and wonder if this has something to do with things...

{
    number 4.01
    }
    //      Generated by :
    // "Poser Format Exporter"
    //   A DAZ|Studio script
    //      www.daz3d.com
    //
    // Thursday, September 7, 110 9:04 am

Robert A. Heinlein

64.0 GB (63.9 GB usable)
Geforce RTX 3060 12 GB
Windows 11 Pro

tastiger ( ) posted Sun, 10 May 2020 at 5:21 PM

Re-saving the poses worked...

Also as randym77 said, the poses are actually using morphs instead of poses, so that may be of assistance with anyone else in the future using 3D Universe's figures

Robert A. Heinlein

64.0 GB (63.9 GB usable)
Geforce RTX 3060 12 GB
Windows 11 Pro

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.