Fri, Sep 20, 12:46 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: Can Poser Pro 11 license be installed on more than one machine?

gishzida ( ) posted Sat, 16 April 2016 at 7:39 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 12:35 PM

Can Poser Pro 11 be installed on more than one machine?

I have one license of PP11 installed currently on a workstation. I've just purchased a "new" workstation and am wondering if I can install Poser Pro 11 on the new one with the same serial number [with the understanding I will only use one machine at a time]? Or do I have to deactivate the PP11 install I currently have and reactivate it on the new machine? The manual does not seem to be too clear about this and I'd rather not break my licensing. The manual also isn't too clear about how to do this.

I also have a PP2014 install I will be moving to the new machine. do the same rules apply? Links to docs or howto do it would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance 

[Note: I've posted to the RDNA forum too but no response so far]

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 16 April 2016 at 8:39 AM · edited Sat, 16 April 2016 at 8:41 AM
Online Now!

AFAIK, you can install the app on both computers, but as long as you have a network connection, you can only open one at a time.

RDNA may see fewer posts/response because of it's merger with DAZ3D.

Boni ( ) posted Sat, 16 April 2016 at 10:50 AM

I posted a link to this thread at the facebook SM Poser page. Hopefully that will get someone's official attention.

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

wheatpenny ( ) posted Sat, 16 April 2016 at 2:49 PM
Site Admin

You are allowed up to three installs at one time, so yes, you can install it on more than one computer, but you can only use it on one of them at a time.

For example, if you have a render running on one of your computers, you cannot open Poser on the other computer to use while you're waiting for the render to complete,

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 16 April 2016 at 6:08 PM
Online Now!

Actually, you can open all the installs if they are not connected to the same network or not connected at all. But since PP2014 Game Dev and P11 need to call home for regular activation, I don't know how responsive the apps will be if they miss a connect.

tabbycat2 ( ) posted Mon, 09 December 2019 at 10:26 AM

Hello,

I bought my Poser 11 Pro software May 2019. I installed it once on my computer. Then I upgraded my computer and now it says I have reached my maximum installs. As I read through these posts, it looks like I get 3 installs. Anyone I have contacted on line about this has not been helpful, they keep giving me links to webpages but those have been useless as well. How do I deactivate so I can reactivate my new software ?

Rhia474 ( ) posted Mon, 09 December 2019 at 10:38 AM · edited Thu, 07 May 2020 at 6:17 PM
Online Now!

If you bought your software in May, it needs a full update since it changed owners.

See here: https://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/?thread_id=2940516

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Mon, 09 December 2019 at 10:39 AM · edited Thu, 07 May 2020 at 6:18 PM

This thread is from 2016.

Poser has been bought a few months ago by Bondware, the company that owns Renderosity. From my understanding, you don't need to deactivate previous installations - but because of the company change, the license server has changed and there's a mandatory update for Poser to continue working. The old Smith Micro Download Manager won't work anymore either.

You can get the update here: https://www.posersoftware.com/downloads

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Mon, 09 December 2019 at 10:40 AM

Ow, Rhia beat me to it 😂

- - - - - - 

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

quietrob ( ) posted Mon, 09 December 2019 at 10:49 AM

Let's be clear. Because I had a seamless update I'm not certain of a few things.

Are you saying that installing the new update will give their Poser a new lease on life? They will not even have to deal with activations except the initial one to phone into Bondware and say hello?

tabbycat2 ( ) posted Mon, 09 December 2019 at 10:49 AM

Wow fast responses. Thank you for the information.

tabbycat2 ( ) posted Mon, 09 December 2019 at 10:52 AM

I long for the olden times when you didn't have to go through hell to run your software programs. LOL Ok, i went to all the links and downloaded the files. Hope this works. I will return and let you know. Again, thanks to all.

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Mon, 09 December 2019 at 11:18 AM

tabbycat2 posted at 2:16PM Mon, 09 December 2019 - #4372839

I long for the olden times when you didn't have to go through hell to run your software programs.

Eh, I remember having programs that required me to have a CD in my CD drive to load even though they were completely installed to my computer. Took them years to drop that "security" even after CD copying became so easy and cheap.

And before that, having to type enormous serial numbers, cause copy+paste in the setup windows wasn't allowed.

- - - - - - 

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Mon, 09 December 2019 at 11:19 AM · edited Mon, 09 December 2019 at 11:20 AM

quietrob posted at 2:18PM Mon, 09 December 2019 - #4372836

Let's be clear. Because I had a seamless update I'm not certain of a few things.

Are you saying that installing the new update will give their Poser a new lease on life? They will not even have to deal with activations except the initial one to phone into Bondware and say hello?

From what I understand - and I might be wrong there - the new license server simply ignores previous installations. Buuut it will phone home from time to time. So it shouldn't complain that you had Poser installed in other machines before, but you'll still need to be online at times for the check in that one new installation.

- - - - - - 

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Mon, 09 December 2019 at 11:22 AM

(By "previous" I mean SM-version installations)

- - - - - - 

tabbycat2 ( ) posted Mon, 09 December 2019 at 12:13 PM

Ok as promised I have returned OMG those install files you have to download work great. I have Poser 11 Pro up and running and I just can not thank you fine folks for being so helpful !!!!! Thanks and more thanks.

Tabbycat aka Alice

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Mon, 09 December 2019 at 4:17 PM

You're very welcome! Don't forget to grab the extra goodies, we get around 8gb worth of gift content with the update 😁

- - - - - - 

kassad ( ) posted Thu, 07 May 2020 at 3:34 AM

I have a version of Poser 2011, but I almost never use it. I prefer the 2014 version which is faster to boot and does not require a connection to the network. I am a little tired of these programs that need access to the network just to check their license.

toastie ( ) posted Sat, 30 May 2020 at 10:51 AM

Just wanted to check on this as I'm about to upgrade to Poser Pro 11. What is the seat licence for this as I can't find this info anywhere? I currently have an older version installed on my main PC and my laptop so that one machine can be rendering while I'm working on different software on the other. Does this still apply with the new version?

Nails60 ( ) posted Sat, 30 May 2020 at 11:50 AM

You can have poser 11 installed on more than one machine, however running more than one at a time is probably against the license restrictions (poser 2014 checked your local network and wouldn't let you run the program on two machines simultaneously). However poser 11 includes queue manager, which allows you to render over a local network without poser itself running on the other machine, so it is quite possible to render on one machine while working on another.. It also has a render in background option.

toastie ( ) posted Sat, 30 May 2020 at 12:15 PM

Nails60 posted at 12:14PM Sat, 30 May 2020 - #4390568

You can have poser 11 installed on more than one machine, however running more than one at a time is probably against the license restrictions (poser 2014 checked your local network and wouldn't let you run the program on two machines simultaneously). However poser 11 includes queue manager, which allows you to render over a local network without poser itself running on the other machine, so it is quite possible to render on one machine while working on another.. It also has a render in background option.

Ah - that's good to know, so it should work the same as my old version. Thanks!

Darkworld ( ) posted Thu, 03 December 2020 at 9:45 AM

This no longer works. My laptop Poser 11 now says I need to reactivate the license to use it, but gives me no option to do that. It says to reactivate it i need to deactivate on the other computer. Which is nonsense, I never run them at the same time.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.