Mon, Sep 9, 8:15 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 12:17 am)

Subject: Trouble with making shaping preset

shedofjoy ( ) posted Mon, 01 June 2020 at 5:23 PM · edited Mon, 09 September 2024 at 8:14 AM

I had this idea that I would save the body shapes and Head shapes separately in my content folder, this would allow me to mix and match bodies and heads that I have previously used. and with such an easy thought came all the issues. After several attempts at creating the Head shape via the Shaping preset option I realised that FBMs in Daz are an issue, because even though they are only selected on the body and not on the head, when you load up the shaping preset the FBM I used on the body has now applied to the face. annoying. and its worse when trying to do the Body, because when loading up a body shape preset it also adds any FBMs faces as well, even though I never used them. So then I resorted to exporting the FBMs separately, but for some reason Daz doesn't like this and this caused more issues than it was worth, and there was me thinking doing morphs of FBMs would be as easy as doing morphs, hahaha.... I am now at the point of wondering what's the point, and I'm not going to bother, this is not worth it because its a complete waste of my time, there really needs to be a better work flow in Daz.

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

shedofjoy ( ) posted Mon, 01 June 2020 at 5:25 PM

oh and you cant "Zero selected items shape" on the head to zero all the head morphs. only works on the full body.

shedofjoy ( ) posted Mon, 01 June 2020 at 7:11 PM

Noticing an issue with one of my Bought characters, seams the files that remove and add morphs are not working as intended, ie removing morphs just adds them. this also follows throught to saving shapes as the sliders are present on G8F, and are activated even though they are inactive. not sure how to stop this yet....weird bug...

RHaseltine ( ) posted Tue, 02 June 2020 at 4:30 PM

Morphs, and the mesh itself, belong to the figure - the bones are just modifiers that adjust certain parts of the model (thought hey may be given clones of the controls from the figure in some cases for convenience). If a morph isn't made in two parts then it can't simply be split after the fact (there are ways to do it, depending on how sharp a junction is acceptable and whether the neck itself has moved, but they require more detailed work).

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.