Thu, Sep 19, 6:35 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 5:58 pm)

Subject: Poser 11 pro - Victoria 6 render problem

DKwast ( ) posted Wed, 10 June 2020 at 8:47 AM · edited Sun, 01 September 2024 at 1:03 AM

What am I doing wrong? I can't get Victoria 6 rendered without suntanned face and white lips. I tried it with every Belle skin. All of them show the dark face. And with SSS skins I get the white lips. It appears to be a material problem, because rendering settings have no different result.

Vicky 6.png

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 10 June 2020 at 9:25 AM

I see quite a bit of self glow, that means an ambient channel is active or your SSS is overreacting. Without a screencap of the Material Room and which render engine (Firefly/Superfly) you are using we're only guessing at what is happening.

DKwast ( ) posted Wed, 10 June 2020 at 10:24 AM

Superfly. The settings are 'out of the box', the result of applying the shaders DAZ has added to Victoria 6. It's incomprehensibly complex and way beyond what any tutorial is teaching me about the settings. I tried googling this problem, but nothing about it anywhere. Also no guides on how to use Victoria 6. Which is why I am trying to get some advise here.

Vicky 6 face settings.pngVicky 6 lips settings.png

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 10 June 2020 at 11:02 AM

Apparently, this out-of-the-box shader has not been optimized for Superfly. I have come across a similar arrangement recently that I needed to correct for this render engine. There are dash-line doodles that are causing major problems that Poser does not like.

1 - Delete the Skin node from the translucence_color on the PoserSurface. 2 - Connect your Scatter node directly to the Alternate_Diffuse and delete that Blender node. The Blinn node is not happy with that arrangement. 3 - For the Lips Material Zone, plug the Anisotropic Node directly to the Alternate_Specular, get rid of the Blender node. 4 - Uncheck the Reflection_Lite_Mult, for the most part, that is a holdover from the old days and is not practical for skin textures.

Make those changes for all the skin zones and re-render the figure. You'll get something closer acceptable.

RobZhena ( ) posted Wed, 10 June 2020 at 11:39 AM

hborre posted at 12:38PM Wed, 10 June 2020 - #4391401

Apparently, this out-of-the-box shader has not been optimized for Superfly. I have come across a similar arrangement recently that I needed to correct for this render engine. There are dash-line doodles that are causing major problems that Poser does not like.

1 - Delete the Skin node from the translucence_color on the PoserSurface. 2 - Connect your Scatter node directly to the Alternate_Diffuse and delete that Blender node. The Blinn node is not happy with that arrangement. 3 - For the Lips Material Zone, plug the Anisotropic Node directly to the Alternate_Specular, get rid of the Blender node. 4 - Uncheck the Reflection_Lite_Mult, for the most part, that is a holdover from the old days and is not practical for skin textures.

Make those changes for all the skin zones and re-render the figure. You'll get something closer acceptable.

This is why I hate Superfly. Did you run V6 through EZSkin? I bet that would fix your problems.

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 10 June 2020 at 11:46 AM

EZSkin could fix the problem if it sorts out the original arrangement. To be honest, I would strip everything out, make the basic node connections, and then run EZSkin. It would be far more superior, just tweak afterward. Maybe I'll play with each set up and see which one will yield the best results.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Wed, 10 June 2020 at 12:16 PM
Online Now!

EZSkin3 would have been my suggestion too. The Superfly skin arrangement in it is good and can be adjusted by tweaking the values under the Skin button. Note that earlier versions do not have Superfly in them, you need version 3.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Wed, 10 June 2020 at 12:18 PM
Online Now!

Grab it from here, you can scroll until you find it: http://www.snarlygribbly.org/poser/

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 10 June 2020 at 12:33 PM

Read the instructions carefully, I believe that Victoria 6 is not a preset for the script. It will need to be created from scratch. Also, depending on the Genesis model used in Poser, there may be duplicate sets of skin zones, a problem that arises when switching UVs for V4 textures.

an0malaus ( ) posted Wed, 10 June 2020 at 1:41 PM

All good answers above. Poser is trying to tell you that there are problems with the shader. Any time you see dotted lines connecting nodes (only ever in SF) that means you can't do that because reasons. Additionally, even more helpfully, up in the top right hand corner, between the Announcements and the library icons, the messages speech balloon is yellow, almost certainly with the messages telling you about not connecting Blinn to Alternate Diffuse, etc.

My ShareCG Stuff

Verbosity: Profusely promulgating Graham's number epics of complete and utter verbiage by the metric monkey barrel.

DKwast ( ) posted Wed, 10 June 2020 at 2:19 PM

That is a big improvement, thanks. At least I now have something to work with and I can start experimenting with lights and render settings. As for the settings for the mouth, I have to choose between the anisotropic node and the blinn node. The first makes the lips shiny, the second makes it look more natural. Maybe I can figure out how to add the anisotropic node as well somehow. Thanks for the help.

Vicky 6b.png

DKwast ( ) posted Wed, 10 June 2020 at 2:21 PM

Missed the other posts. This was the result of what Hborre advised me. I'll check out Ezskin 3 as well.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.